Found Alive TX - Wilson Stratton, 17, Houston, 19 Jan 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The area suggested is closer to the Heights of Houston

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Screenshot 2018-01-29 at 2.57.14 PM.png Screenshot 2018-01-29 at 2.59.04 PM.jpg Screenshot 2018-01-29 at 2.59.43 PM.jpg

Screenshot 2018-01-29 at 3.10.47 PM.png This area seems interesting. A mini storage place, lot's a little places to camp out there.

From here

The location is near a high school, so a good choice not to stand out. Could he have had friends in the area who took him in?

There's a Ginder coffee house there too. Are there places around there that he may be familiar to him?

There's a Life Center for the Homeless not too far away.

If Wilson feels comfortable moving around at night, then having eyes looking out for him at night around the 10 pm time in that area may help?

~

http://about-online.com/featured/river-oaks-teen-missing/

Lots of new info in this article:

“Updated 9 mins ago
HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- A big effort is underway to find 17-year-old Wilson Stratton.

The teen is described as young, healthy and social, but his father says there are several things that worry him: No digital footprint of Wilson and his struggle with a recent death in his family.

[SBM]

‘Wilson, you are loved than more people than you can possibly know,’ said Stan Stratton.

A father's love and heartbreak brought dozens of people together Monday morning to search for Wilson.

He was last seen January 19 at around 10:30 p.m. on surveillance video at a gas station on San Felipe and Willowick, just blocks from his home.

His father thought Wilson was in bed.

Wilson didn't have a cell phone and has made no credit card transactions.

‘It's not a good sign. We've been involved in 1,700 plus cases. And I don't like where we are right now with no sightings, no calls, no communication,’ said Tim Miller with Texas EquuSearch.

Wilson's father says his son was struggling emotionally with his mother's death. The teenager was seeing a therapist and was on medication.

The teen has left his home before but always returned.

[SBM]

Crews spent Monday morning on boats, kayaks and ATVs searching the Bayou and surrounding areas.

It could be a long road. Still, this father holds on to hope.

’Somebody, somewhere please help us bring this young man home.’

[SBM]” (BBM)
http://abc13.com/father-holds-out-hope-his-teenage-son-will-be-found-safe/2999781/

Feeling so sad for Wilson right now ....

"Stan Stratton, Wilson’s dad, told KPRC that he was away the night Wilson went missing. Wilson lost his mom a few years back, and someone was at the house to check on Wilson the night he disappeared. Wilson had been in his bed, but minutes later, he was gone.

Wilson was last spotted at a nearby convenience store at a Shell gas station at the corner of Willowbend and San Felipe at 10:22 p.m. He was wearing a white and green fishing shirt, gray shorts and white tennis shoes. He bought a sandwich and a drink, then walked west. No one has heard from him since.He did not have a cellphone, a bag or extra money. Authorities say there is nothing that would indicate that he was planning to run away.
“In the beginning, things were kept kind of quiet because we thought he was possibly being held for ransom,” said Tim Miller, founder of Texas EquuSearch. “But none of those calls came in, so we decided it was time to do a search."

Father stated in the linked article that his son is on medication and has been in therapy and notes he has been deeply impacted by the loss of his mom. He also said that he son has left the home before"impulsively" but always returned.

More info here including some about the family connections. :https://www.click2houston.com/news/texas-equusearch-searches-for-17-year-old-from-west-houston

Thanks for the updates, lots of new information.

Who was the person at the home mentioned above that checked on him?

I am generally skeptical of sightings, but I hope this is true. Reporter Courtney Roland was sighted and found safe after her breakdown.

Quite a strong statement from Tim; clearly sounds like a recovery mission:
"It's not a good sign. We've been involved in 1,700 plus cases. And I don't like where we are right now with no sightings, no calls, no communication,’ said Tim Miller with Texas EquuSearch."

Worrisome circumstances, poor guy, losing his mom...I know 2 grown males who totally lost their minds after their mom passed. I mean lost it.

Thanks for the updates, lots of new information.

Who was the person at the home mentioned above that checked on him?

I am generally skeptical of sightings, but I hope this is true. Reporter Courtney Roland was sighted and found safe after her breakdown.

Quite a strong statement from Tim; clearly sounds like a recovery mission:
"It's not a good sign. We've been involved in 1,700 plus cases. And I don't like where we are right now with no sightings, no calls, no communication,’ said Tim Miller with Texas EquuSearch."

Worrisome circumstances, poor guy, losing his mom...I know 2 grown males who totally lost their minds after their mom passed. I mean lost it.

[ LE]says missing teen #WilsonStratton may have been spotted yesterday at fast food joint near Shepherd/Donovan just 15 minutes from his home. Investigators looking at surveillance footage. They say he is NOT considered in danger.
RSBBM (respectfully snipped and bolded by me)

If it is true that he is no longer considered in danger, that's good news that has come out since the more foreboding news, but you're right about sightings often being wrong.

Forgive the speculation, please, just think it through. If it is right though, could it be possible that Wilson would have a hard time right now being with his family or at home because of the dynamics driving his grief has cast him in a hostile or distant mindset. Rationale or not, his love and loyalty to his departed Mom could have set off a need to separate himself from his family and friends to grieve. That takes some courage at his age.

He left home after whomever checked on him, then walked down the street and is known to have purchased something to eat. He may have planned this, considering there is no digital trail and no charges. He's left and returned before, but probably not during as bad a time as after having lost his mother. He probably had family around during the holidays and then it may have become more lonely for him? Where does a kid go to recover the warmth and love of his lost mom when bereft and therapy, medication and all the concern in the world isn't helping?

.....[/B]
RSBBM (respectfully snipped and bolded by me)

If it is true that he is no longer considered in danger, that's good news that has come out since the more foreboding news, but you're right about sightings often being wrong.

If it is right though, could it be possible that Wilson would have a hard time right now being with his family or at home because of the dynamics driving his grief has cast him in a hostile distant mindset. Rationale or not, his love and loyalty to his departed Mom could have set off a need to separate himself from his family and friends to grieve. That takes some courage at his age.

He left home after whomever checked on him, then walked down the street and is known to have purchased something to eat. He may have planned this, considering there is no digital trail and no charges. He's left and returned before, but probably not during as bad a time as after having lost his mother. He probably had family around during the holidays and then it may have become more lonely for him?

Really good points/ideas!
And I think all are definitely possible.

Grief can do strange things to people. Some surround themselves with family and friends while others isolate themselves from everyone. I, too, have seen grieving people do some out-of-character things.

I think it’s odd that he doesn’t have a cell phone at his age. I also think it’s odd that his dad sent someone to the house to check on a 17 year old when he was “away”. Lots of hinkiness here. Hope the sighting pans out.

I wonder what time he was checked on. Could he have gotten a phone call at the house to meet up or something? IMO. Just trying to think where he could have gone. I can't find any news on the possible sighting yesterday. Anyone?

I think it’s odd that he doesn’t have a cell phone at his age. I also think it’s odd that his dad sent someone to the house to check on a 17 year old when he was “away”. Lots of hinkiness here. Hope the sighting pans out.
I agree! What 17 year old doesn't have a cell phone? Even if he had one but didn't take it with him that's odd for a teenager. And I agree it's very strange to send someone to check on a kid his age. Makes me wonder if he had some developmental delays?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I live in the neighborhood. Shell is located next to a dry cleaner, then a small plaza with a restaurant and a few other business. Across San Felipe are the rear yards of residential properties, most with high walls between the very narrow sidewalk and the street. Some have cameras. Across Willowick is also residential. Behind the Shell is a 1960s condo tower. If you go west from the Shell across some railroad tracks, that's where the search is being conducted. No idea as to why that area. You don't really see teens wandering around here--especially after dark i(t's very dark on San Felipe at night). I feel so bad for the family...

No. 2.5 to 3 miles.

:welcome4:​

Thank you mooliz for taking the time and for your help straightening out the location information. Great to have people who know the area. It always helps to have first hand knowledge of places. I hope you continue to WS.

"Texas EquuSearch has found 17-year-old Wilson Stratton.

According to reports, he was found at 7000 North Shepard.

Stratton is headed to Texas Children's hospital to be checked out.
..."

http://abc13.com/father-holds-out-hope-his-missing-son-will-be-found-safe/2999781/
12 mins go

https://patch.com/texas/houstonheights/missing-river-oaks-teenager-found-safe

Report: Missing River Oaks teen found safe
By Fernando Ramirez and Alyson Ward Published 4:52 pm, Monday, January 29, 2018
http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...-found-safe-12534690.php?ipid=houstonhomepage

"The search for Stratton was aided by roughly 150 volunteers who came out Monday to help look for the missing teen, according to EquuSearch..."

http://www.khou.com/news/local/texa...or-missing-17-year-old-from-houston/512149447

Great work EquuSearch!!!! Wishing Wilson and his family healing and joy.

I am so happy and relieved that Wilson has been found.

After reading that his dad, while away, made sure to have someone check on Wilson got me especially concerned. I have a daughter who is just a couple of years younger than Wilson; she has been diagnosed with multiple psychiatric disorders, sees her therapist at least once a week and is also on medication. Since she self-harms (it is not unusual for her to have 100+ cuts at a time, between her arms and thighs) and can be quite impulsive, leading to even more dangerous behaviors, she requires constant supervision (in a way, it’s kind of like having a newborn in the house; I try to get as much sleep as I can whenever she is asleep - and yes, she has sneaked out a couple of times).

I just hope that he gets lots of love and support from his friends and family, as well as professional help. So glad that he has been found alive.

I was so thrilled to see the thread title had *FOUND ALIVE* on it! So many others in the missing persons section end in tragedy and sadness! Great job to whoever tipped off LE to having seen him/knew his whereabouts!

Such happy news. I am so glad he can come back home and can receive whatever love and support he needs.
Grief can have a powerful and relentless hold on a person of any age and my heart goes out to this young man at such a sensitive time in his life. I am so grateful that he was found. The best news of the day!

Btw- Regarding the person checking in on Wilson while father was away - it could be as simple as a caretaker in the home. If the father's business takes him away or if he works long hours I would guess there is staff in the home around the clock. There could be a nanny or a housekeeper but I would be surprised since there is not another parent in the home if there was not someone there 24 hrs a day for security and caretaking given that they reside in a such an upscale neighborhood.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid
Back