TX - Zain, 5, & Faryaal Akhter, 2, strangled, Irving, 19 July 2010 *Insanity*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh Lord help me. No one wants their children to be autistic. It's hard. It's heart-breaking. But you are a single phone call away from help. A parent only need say that I need help or I'm going to hurt my children and they will get that help.

Yes, they'll get sucked into the system. But the system is set up in such a way to reunite every child that they can (for cost saving measures). If a parent disappears or refuses to work on reunification, rights will be terminated and the children can be placed in a foster or adoptive home. Isn't that far better than death for the child and a life sentence for the parent? How I wish that one of the mainstream networks could air scenarios like this. We have commercials and specials on not doing drugs and wearing your seat belt--what about what to do if you are done with parenting?

There are literally tens of thousands of foster parents who are trained and ready to accept children with spectrum disorder.

Bless those little ones.

For those of you touched by a child with spectrum disorder or developmental delay, I highly recommend the book, "God of War" by Marisa Silver. An amazing look at what it really feels like to love and care for a young boy with tremendous special needs.

Tragic and uplifting at the same time. My husband and I have both read it and enjoyed it immensely.

It's so sad to me that some parents feel isolated. There is help. But you must ask.

Irving officials canceled a second arraignment Wednesday afternoon in the death of her 2-year-old daughter, Faryaal, who died Tuesday evening a day after she was revived and placed on life support.

Akhter called 911 about 5 p.m. Monday from the family's apartment.

In the 911 tape, released Wednesday, Akhter admits to wrapping a wire around the children's necks until they turned blue. Before that, she said she tried to make them drink bathroom cleaner.

http://www.mcall.com/news/nationworld/sns-children-strangled,0,4862857.story

Akhter's uncle said his niece had been depressed since moving into the new apartment and reported "strange things" inside the family's home.

"It looks like she had mental problems," said Wasimul Haque, who did not elaborate on what Saiqa Akhter said she had seen. "I don't understand why she did it."

They are already setting up a mental defense!!! From the above link!

From the same article!

The family was the subject of a Child Protective Services investigation last year after Zain was left alone at home while his parents rushed his sister to a hospital to be treated for breathing problems.

An agency spokeswoman said there were no signs of neglect or abuse

From the same article!

The family was the subject of a Child Protective Services investigation last year after Zain was left alone at home while his parents rushed his sister to a hospital to be treated for breathing problems.

An agency spokeswoman said there were no signs of neglect or abuse

BBM: Huh???

Akhter's uncle said his niece had been depressed since moving into the new apartment and reported "strange things" inside the family's home.

"It looks like she had mental problems," said Wasimul Haque, who did not elaborate on what Saiqa Akhter said she had seen. "I don't understand why she did it."

They are already setting up a mental defense!!! From the above link!

If he knew there were problems why didn't he try to help? At least get the husband to get her help.

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/strangled-children-tearfully-mourned

Thursday the children’s father was surrounded by male family and friends as he buried his daughter. Wednesday he buried his son.

Relatives said two days of consecutive ceremonies have devastated the family. Their father is overcome with grief.

"He's totally broke and he is not in the position to do anything. But we are trying to support him. It is a very hard time for us," Haque said

Police said earlier this week 30-year-old Saiqa Akhter strangled 5-year-old Zain and 2-year-old Faraal. She then called 911.

She can be heard in an audio recording repeating, “I kill my both kids. They are died.”

Her own words revealed her thinking when she killed her children.

“Both are autistic. I don’t want my kids to be like that. I want normal kids,” Akhter told the 911 operator.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...ds-found-not-guilty-by-reason-of-insanity.ece

An Irving mother who admitted killing her two special-needs children because she wanted “normal kids” was found not guilty by reason of insanity Monday...

Medical experts testified in court Monday that Akhter was diagnosed with schizophrenia and was insane at the time she killed her two children. She believed she was saving them, psychologist Kristi Compton testified...

Saying “there is no good solution” in such a case, state District Judge Mike Snipes declared Akhter not guilty by reason of insanity. She will be treated at North Texas State Hospital in Vernon and won’t be eligible for release without a judge’s approval.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fiend_nyx
Back