GUILTY TX - Zoe Hastings, 18, abducted & murdered, Dallas, 11 Oct 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Please everyone pray that this monster is caught fast. This family deserves a speedy resolution. They are one of the closest families that I know and are devastated.

The Walgreens is 1.5 miles southeast of where Zoe was found...a 5-minute drive tops maybe. I'm not sure, but it appears to me that only a short walk across Lake Highlands Street could take you from the church to where Zoe was found. I'm not sure it's coincidental she was found near her church...her destination? I just feel like if it was someone random at Walgreens...why so close to her destination?

The Walgreens is 1.5 miles southeast of where Zoe was found...a 5-minute drive tops maybe. I'm not sure, but it appears to me that only a short walk across Lake Highlands Street could take you from the church to where Zoe was found. I'm not sure it's coincidental she was found near her church...her destination? I just feel like if it was someone random at Walgreens...why so close to her destination?

What if she went to quickly return the movie, left the minivan doors unlocked, car possibly still running, and someone saw her and slipped in the back of the van. Maybe they waited to attack until she was nearly to the church. Just a thought.

I was thinking more about that Red Box at Walgreens. At ours it's way around the side. Not real close to the front entrance so somebody could have been waiting for some unsuspecting female to pull up to that Red Box.

On the other hand at that time on a Sunday night there is a lot of traffic at Walgreens. It's still light out and people are picking up things for work and school the next day.

They are planning a canvassing of neighborhood (and did he pause at calling it a vigil) at five p m tomorrow at Norbuck park on Buckner Blvd

Kathy

I wonder what the family means by "canvassing". I know the definition but I am curious to what they want the public to do.

Found my answer in an updated article.

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...atement-as-search-for-suspect-continues.html/

"Volunteers will be given a form with questions such as whether anyone may have video that might be of interest, and detectives will follow up on possible leads, Geron said."

I was thinking more about that Red Box at Walgreens. At ours it's way around the side. Not real close to the front entrance so somebody could have been waiting for some unsuspecting female to pull up to that Red Box.

On the other hand at that time on a Sunday night there is a lot of traffic at Walgreens. It's still light out and people are picking up things for work and school the next day.

I just looked at photo's of it on Foursquare, and RedBox appears to be along the left side way away from the entrance. It's not visible enough to say for sure, though, but it's not at the entrance where its busiest, and it's not along the right side.

I agree there would be a lot of traffic, and with it being day light, seems risky to sneak into her car or abduct her. I don't think it's the safest area, in general, but I live in a very safe bubble!

Praying and for admission....confession. I so pray they don't have to suffer a trial. It is devastating already for them I can only imagine.

Kathy

If this wasn't a stalker or ex of some type (and I would expect a stalker to take the victim to another area) then it must be some impulsive violent maniac.

Rather like the football player that killed the jogger with a machete 2 miles away tuesday morning. I know the authorities have ruled him out but I still think it is one very very odd coincidence. I also wonder HOW they ruled him out within a few hours, that seems too quick for lab tests, so was it based on an alibi?

Is it possible she ran the car off the road accidentally? Swerving for an animal or some such thing? And then the killer came along to "help" her after she was in the ravine? If that were the case she would most likely not think much of it if a helpful stranger rushed up to her after the accident.

There have been numerous cases of incapacitated people being robbed in their cars after an accident. Seems as if the car was not visible from the roadway, yet there were people on foot that did spot it (the original person that flagged down the driver).

Wondering about cameras in the area. Does anybody happen to know if the church has cameras?

Also the route from home to church is it other businesses or homes?

I think this one is solvable due to the short distance and timeline.

One more thought. If they do have video of Zoe at Walgreens why don't they release it? Somebody might see it and help solve what happened.

They showed Hannah Graham video and her murderer was identified.

If this wasn't a stalker or ex of some type (and I would expect a stalker to take the victim to another area) then it must be some impulsive violent maniac.

Rather like the football player that killed the jogger with a machete 2 miles away tuesday morning. I know the authorities have ruled him out but I still think it is one very very odd coincidence. I also wonder HOW they ruled him out within a few hours, that seems too quick for lab tests, so was it based on an alibi?

IVE BEEN THINKING THE SAME THING , HEAD INJURY ,Charles Whitman sort of a thing ,you know goes one place kills , then goes somewhere else kills again very big coincidence and not far proximity had he been on foot for a while.

What if she went to quickly return the movie, left the minivan doors unlocked, car possibly still running, and someone saw her and slipped in the back of the van. Maybe they waited to attack until she was nearly to the church. Just a thought.

this is not the safest area VERY VERY drug infested still some very nice places but not a part of town I really like to be alone in, there are some really expensive pocket neighborhoods I looked at a house once but didn't want to live in the area.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/10/15/family-looks-for-clues-in-dallas-teens-murder/

"Police combed over the area for hours, checking nearby neighborhoods for clues. Authorities are now asking anyone who lives around this location to check their home surveillance systems for anything that might help in the investigation — a glimpse of the van or any suspicious behavior.

Police are also trying to locate Walgreens customers who were at the store at the same time as Hastings, and might remember seeing her there. They could have information that would help lead authorities to the suspect."
========
Again, they need to show the video of her at Walgreens. Usually the person looks completely different than the pictures posted with the articles. Also you see what they were wearing.

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.as...mc3M9eXAuWU44MjZ4MTQxMjYxODZ+cGcuMX5yYWQuODA=

I hope I did this right. It looks like lots of businesses that would have video cameras all along the roads.

I am a bit surprised somebody could grab her in that busy area when it's still light out and nobody see anything.

Which leads me to the theory somebody up thread had that somebody slipped into her car while she was at the Redbox?

Walgreen's generally have cameras everywhere. Hard to believe it would not all be on tape if she was attacked or encountered danger there.

I'm kind of surprised this thread isn't drawing more sluething. This is the kind that usually gets lot of attention.

Poor young girl.

It is early and the DPD have done great keeping evidence tight so far .... at some point they may release information in small amounts to lead to a suspect.

In fact, anyone coming out to the park this evening .. keep in mind NOT to post anything police or family may share in our efforts this evening. Do whats asked and until they release information do not post or reveal whatever is they are wanting assistance with.

Also for this afternoon, sensible shoes ... water .... bug spray ... driver's licenses or ID so planners know who we are in helping with the canvassing.

And I am giving advice from my own past experiences .... not specific to anything I have been told about this case. Just some structure to being able to offer this family some assistance.

Thank you,

Kathy

It is early and the DPD have done great keeping evidence tight so far .... at some point they may release information in small amounts to lead to a suspect.

In fact, anyone coming out to the park this evening .. keep in mind NOT to post anything police or family may share in our efforts this evening. Do whats asked and until they release information do not post or reveal whatever is they are wanting assistance with.

Also for this afternoon, sensible shoes ... water .... bug spray ... driver's licenses or ID so planners know who we are in helping with the canvassing.

And I am giving advice from my own past experiences .... not specific to anything I have been told about this case. Just some structure to being able to offer this family some assistance.

Thank you,

Kathy

Thank you for all you are doing.

Again, if they do not have a suspect, they need to get video of her at Walgreens so people know what she looked like the night she went missing. Peoples memories fade if they wait too long.

I'm kind of surprised this thread isn't drawing more sluething. This is the kind that usually gets lot of attention.

Poor young girl.

They aren't releasing any information. There is no info and no indications there was anything in her life that was out of the ordinary. There just doesn't seem anything to talk about. Even locally, there aren't a lot of people with anything. People who know her are dumbfounded.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back