TX - Zuzu Verk, 22, Alpine, 12 Oct 2016 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Investigators have been reviewing hundreds of hours of surveillance video that has been obtained from businesses and private citizens with closed circuit television cameras. These videos have provided key evidence in the investigation. We are reaching out to local citizens that have security cameras at their residences that may assist investigators in the case of zuzu verk. Anyone that may have video footage from the early morning hours of wednesday october 12, 2016, are asked to contact alpine police department at (432) 837-3486.
#findzuzu

https://www.facebook.com/alpinetxpd/?ref=ts&fref=ts

Investigators have been reviewing hundreds of hours of surveillance video that has been obtained from businesses and private citizens with closed circuit television cameras. These videos have provided key evidence in the investigation. We are reaching out to local citizens that have security cameras at their residences that may assist investigators in the case of zuzu verk. Anyone that may have video footage from the early morning hours of wednesday october 12, 2016, are asked to contact alpine police department at (432) 837-3486.
#findzuzu

https://www.facebook.com/alpinetxpd/?ref=ts&fref=ts

BBM. This sounds very hopeful! I'm so impressed by how this investigation is being handled thus far.

#findzuz
#dontmesswithalpinetexas

This is pure speculation, but RF worked at Big Ben Regional Med Center and so does his sister. The address is 2600 N Hwy 118, same highway many of you have referred to as a prime search area. I wonder if LE has searched in & around, high & low at Med Center. People often go where they know and could hide in plain sight.

I think this address needs to be added to Zuzu's map.

I'm still thinking random abduction by someone in a vehicle. (The Mickey Shunick case comes to mind.)

Is there already a timeline to accompany the case map? I'm curious about the times Zuzu and RF parted from the group of friends and the circumstances around the 3:00 am sighting, to the tie the dog was located. I can't figure out WHO saw her at 3:00 am so would love if someone reposted that as well.

Just to clarify, he's a pharmacy technician, NOT a pharmacist. Huge difference.

ETA I see someone else pointed this out.

As a PHARMACY TECH he would have had easy access to drugs.....so my post is still relevant.

Another vehicle impounded! APD FB post

URGENT: Alpine Police Department is seeking additional information related to the disappearance of Zuzu Verk. This vehicle is currently in custody of Alpine Police Department. Investigators believe this vehicle is a key piece of evidence in this case. Anyone with information about seeing this white 2016 Ford Mustang being driven between the hours of midnight on Wednesday October 12, 2016 through Thursday morning October 13, 2016, are urged to contact Alpine Police Department at (432) 837-3486.

Attachments

• IMG_1504.jpg
    IMG_1504.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 87
Thank you all for the warm welcome!
As for my friend, she was intoxicated at the time and I was her DD/protector for the evening. She liked RF, and doesn't remember feeling afraid. Oddly enough, he took her to Stripes. I do not know where they were planning on going after this, but thankfully nothing ended up happening to her. It was a very strange situation, though.

As for the search, I have yet to see any LE or SAR teams searching the area I am referring to, even though I have suggested it several times. This is why I've been out looking. It is a very easy drive up 118 into the Davis Mountains that would likely leave you undetected by homeowners and LE.

I have also been told by a credible source who was at the movies that night, that RF and Zuzu were arguing and left mid-movie.

RF's attorney says he has cooperated, is distraught over ZuZu's disappearance and they are conducting their own investigation.

How did RF cooperate? Leave his apartment while they searched or something?

If RF is distraught over ZuZu's disappearance, he needs to think how her family feels and reach out and offer information.

Hmmmm...what resources could he and his attorney bring to this investigation beyond the team already working to find her?

http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/398037291.html

BF needs to be be truthful. Frustrating that he is not cooperating and lawyer says they are conducting their own investigation. . . That's a steaming pile of poo!

As for my friend, she was intoxicated at the time and I was her DD/protector for the evening. She liked RF, and doesn't remember feeling afraid. Oddly enough, he took her to Stripes. I do not know where they were planning on going after this, but thankfully nothing ended up happening to her. It was a very strange situation, though.

As for the search, I have yet to see any LE or SAR teams searching the area I am referring to, even though I have suggested it several times. This is why I've been out looking. It is a very easy drive up 118 into the Davis Mountains that would likely leave you undetected by homeowners and LE.

I have also been told by a credible source who was at the movies that night, that RF and Zuzu were arguing and left mid-movie.

bbm
Isn't that where Zuzu was last seen? (Please correct me if I mis-remember this.) What exactly is Stripes, why do people usually go there? I know it's a convenience store, but are there any other reasons why people go there? Is it some kind of local hang out place? Can you sit down there, have a snack or something?

bbm
Isn't that where Zuzu was last seen? (Please correct me if I mis-remember this.) What exactly is Stripes, why do people usually go there?

Stripes is just a convenient store here in W. Texas.

medic323:

Your local insights and on the ground knowledge is *SO* helpful to this case! You should definitely submit for "insider" verification so you can continue to share all this incredible information! Here's a link on how to do that: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...n-Process-for-Professional-or-Insider-Posters

Yes, you could sit down and eat at Stripes, but not really a hang out. You'd be more likely to stop for a snack or gas than to spend any real time there.

URGENT: Alpine Police Department is seeking additional information related to the disappearance of Zuzu Verk. This vehicle is currently in custody of Alpine Police Department. Investigators believe this vehicle is a key piece of evidence in this case. Anyone with information about seeing this white 2016 Ford Mustang being driven between the hours of midnight on Wednesday October 12, 2016 through Thursday morning October 13, 2016, are urged to contact Alpine Police Department at (432) 837-3486.

Bumping this from SuziM2016's post. Please share far and wide! Dang, this Alpine Police Department is impressive!

As a PHARMACY TECH he would have had easy access to drugs.....so my post is still relevant.

You're right, of course, but we strive for accuracy on WS. Nothing personal. :) But sometimes a relatively small point makes a big difference later on so we try to correct things as we go along so it doesn't get repeated as fact.

Hi there, everyone. I actually joined WS because of Zuzu's case. This case has been keeping me up at night, giving me nightmares, and won't leave my thoughts. Truly disturbing situation.
I live in Fort Davis, am an EMS medic out here, and know RF personally. We hung out on a pretty regular basis almost all of last year with a group of college-aged kids who would all get together and do athletic games - basketball, volleyball,ultimate frisbee. I never got good vibes off of him, and so we never became close friends. He was, though, close friends with my best (female) friend. Long story incredibly short, after a night out last year, he disappeared with my best friend without telling anyone where he was taking her. I called him over and over until I reached him and demanded he bring her back immediately or I would call the police. He did. I went off on him when he returned her - and he dared to step up to me as though he was going to lay his hands on me. His friends grabbed him and held him back from getting physical. He is a large guy - over 6' and very fit. Due to this situation with me, I definitely wonder if him and Zuzu got into an argument and it escalated. Just for comparison… I am 5'1", 90lbs.

To me it seems more likely this was an argument gone awry than premeditated. And that leaves a few things... First of all, only him to get rid of her body - which means that while there is SO. MUCH. LAND out here, a vast portion of it is extremely, extremely rough terrain. I don't believe he would have hiked out 5 miles with her body. Yes he is very large and she is very small, but I do know that dead weight is very heavy weight regardless, and he wouldn't have been able to trek her out incredibly far by himself. I do believe he drove her somewhere, but I am guessing she won't be as far off the beaten path as some assume. If you look on google earth at the amount of mountainous terrain heading away from Fort Davis via 118(hwy off where I live) I very much wonder if she may be out there. It would not be difficult to drive past the observatory a ways, pull over, and drop someone literally straight over the edge of a mountain. They would become easily obscured by brush. These areas need to be searched! I have been searching here in Jeff Davis county, and will continue tomorrow. I am distraught for this family and Zuzu. How I pray she is found safe, but my hopes are dwindling..

Can you tell me if RF grew up in Alpine and/or how long he's lived in that area ? I'm asking to get a feel for how well he knows the surrounding mountains and trails as well as the area inside the state park itself.

The longer he's lived around there, the more likely he's had time to find good spots for dumping bodies in the middle of the night. The terrain around there is so varied and hostile, it's almost impossible to try and guess which direction he may have headed out in order to try and cover up a crime. One has to assume that he would go to an area he is somewhat familiar with, such as a camping spot, a place to ride ATV's, a party spot, etc. He may get there via a dirt road or a paved road or a combination of the two. The ground is too hard and rocky to dig down in for the most part, so I have a feeling this is going to be a dumping situation more-so than a digging situation. There's so many crooks and crannies up there in the Davis Mountains, this is going to prove to be an almost impossible search operation. People are inclined to return to areas they are familiar with though, whether it be for leisurely activities or to try and conceal murders. That's the kind of information his friends need to come forward with in order to help LE try and figure out what happened to this nice lady.

bbm
Isn't that where Zuzu was last seen? (Please correct me if I mis-remember this.) What exactly is Stripes, why do people usually go there? I know it's a convenience store, but are there any other reasons why people go there? Is it some kind of local hang out place? Can you sit down there, have a snack or something?

It's also a gas station. It was said at the beginning that she was seen there with a man, but this was never verified by APD. They looked at video, so they know if it's true, but we don't.

Stripes is just a convenient store here in W. Texas.

Yes, you could sit down and eat at Stripes, but not really a hang out. You'd be more likely to stop for a snack or gas than to spend any real time there.

Thank you epresley! So then why would RF take his girlfriends there? Doesn't sound very romantic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member