GUILTY TX - Zuzu Verk, 22, Alpine, 12 Oct 2016 #3 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well it looks like you were right @Lilibet! But unfortunately, I can't read this article:

Fabian trial continued

per EU new rules...

Can anyone tell what the articles says - 10% at least - on this delay?

TIA!

The inevitable trial delays....I hate being right! :mad:

The article is behind a paywall, so gogrannypop posted all that was available in the preview.

Well it looks like you were right @Lilibet! But unfortunately, I can't read this article:

Fabian trial continued

per EU new rules...

Can anyone tell what the articles says - 10% at least - on this delay?

TIA!
It says that the trial has been reset to sometime after January 2019, that's all I could see. There is an Alpine Avalanche FB page, I'll go there now!
Oh I see someone already posted this info, sorry about that

Can anyone get into either the Caldwell County (where trial will be held) or where he original was - and I don't have that county in Texas.... court site? I'll go back & look & see if I can find the county.

edited - Alpine County?

Robert Fabian transported back to Brewster County Jail

BREWSTER COUNTY -- Robert Fabian was transported back to Brewster County Jail on Friday.

Sheriff Ronny Dodson traveled to Caldwell County, Texas, to return Robert Fabian to the Brewster County Jail.
[.....]
Housing Fabian locally, until closer to the trial date, will have less of an impact on County tax dollars.

I just read a comment on BCSO FB regarding the postponement, that RF's sister had been charged and that CE was talking. Wonder is this is true.

Charged with?? Did she help them?

FINALLY something on this case.... looks like he was in court on Monday.

Trial date set for Robert Fabian in Zuzu Verk murder case

CALDWELL COUNTY -- The trial date has been set for a man accused of killing a young woman and burying her body in Alpine.

According to the Caldwell County District Clerk, Robert Fabian's jury trial in the Zuzu Verk murder case has been set for April 29, 2019.

A pre-trial hearing was held on Monday.
[.....]
Fabian is charged with murder in connection with the case. Estrada was charged with two lesser counts and pled no contest in April.

Tuesday, February 19th:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ CT) - TX - Zuzu Verk (21) (Oct. 12, 2016, Alpine) - *Robert Fabian (26) indicted (2/6/17) with 1st degree murder & tampering with evidence with or fabricating physical evidence by concealing a human corpse. Plead not guilty. Held on $925K bond.
12/15/17 2 motions were granted - change of venue & the agreement with Chris Estrada in regards to his testimony and the arrest and conviction records on any state witnesses will be released. 12/22/17: Trial moved to Caldwell County.
12/17/18: Had Pretrial hearing on 12/17. Pretrial hearings set for 2/19 & 3/19 and trial is set to start 4/29/19.
*Chris Estrada (28) charged (2/6/17) 2 counts of tampering with physical evidence/corpse & tampering with evidence; trial date was supposed to be May 21, 2018
. 4/20/18 pled guilty (no contest) to plea deal to 2 counts of tampering with physical evidence/corpse & tampering with evidence. Will be sentenced after Fabian trial.

Robert Fabian pretrial hearing canceled

BREWSTER COUNTY, TX (KWES) - Robert Fabian’s Feb. 19 pretrial hearing for the Zuzu Verk murder case has been canceled.

According to Caldwell County, he was originally supposed to have one hearing on February 19 and another on March 19. The March hearing is still planned.

Does not say "why" it was cancelled...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur
Back