UID Victim: "Cherries", Mamaroneck, Blk/Hisp, 605UFNY, found Mar 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just read on Murderinc an article about Cherries. The article states that her dna was taken and body parts were matched through dna. So, why is no one using dna genealogy to get an id? valerie Mack was id’d so it’s not the New York laws
I have heard speculation that Cherries couldve been a FOTB immigrant which would be a serious obstacle in IDing family members

Did anyone already rule out Katya Marie Lyne as being Cherries? On NamUs they mentioned a tattoo of three dots and if you look at the cherry tattoo it looks like three red dots at the bottom that stand out to me. I was thinking maybe she added the cherry on top of them.

Did anyone already rule out Katya Marie Lyne as being Cherries? On NamUs they mentioned a tattoo of three dots and if you look at the cherry tattoo it looks like three red dots at the bottom that stand out to me. I was thinking maybe she added the cherry on top of them.

Katya went missing almost three weeks after Cherries was found. Plus, Katya's tattoo is on her hand, not her chest.

Here’s to hoping cherries is identified soon. I agree that she might have a difficult time being IDd if she was a new immigrant.

for some reason I keep intuitively thinking Dominican Republic. Pure intuition and speculation.

No possible ID-s being discussed for "Cherries" anywhere on the media? I hoped the arrest would draw attention to identifying the other victims, too (even if they were not RH-s).

By EMILY CRANE 16 February 2020
  • ''The woman - known as 'Cherries Doe' - still hasn't been identified since her torso and severed limbs were discovered in various parts of New York in March 2007
  • Investigators say they have enough DNA evidence to identify the victim but need a family member to compare the genetic information with
  • They are hoping someone will recognize her cherry tattoo above her right breast
  • Detectives believe the Cherries Doe case may be linked to the infamous Gilgo Beach murders that occurred around the same time
  • In the Gilgo Beach case, 11 sets of remains were found strewn along a highway in Long Island on the opposite side to where the legs of Cherries Doe washed up ''
  • ''Her stabbed torso, which was stuffed inside a suitcase with a bra and a nightgown''
  • 1717512956753.png
  • 1717513143788.png
  • Her stabbed torso, which was stuffed inside a suitcase with a bra and a nightgown, was found by a mother and child when it washed up onto a beach in Mamaroneck - north of Manhattan
  • 1717513201493.png

I'm curious, can anyone tell me anything about the area that cherries was found please? Which county?

Thank you for that.
Because she was disposed of in the water, the currents distributed her along the coastline. Unlike the other dismemberment victims who were deliberately deposited in different places on land, with Cherries, it really wouldn't surprise me if all parts of her went into the water from the same point - possibly from a bridge. But I am not an expert in anything to do with tides and currents, so MOO.

Because she was disposed of in the water, the currents distributed her along the coastline. Unlike the other dismemberment victims who were deliberately deposited in different places on land, with Cherries, it really wouldn't surprise me if all parts of her went into the water from the same point - possibly from a bridge. But I am not an expert in anything to do with tides and currents, so MOO.

So you don't think that Rex was involved in this? This murder was during a time where he didn't use Gilgo beach as a deposit site, he went back there two years later with MBB, my working theory is that RH was throwing out so many red herrings and I think he was copy catting other serial killers on LI also MOO

So you don't think that Rex was involved in this? This murder was during a time where he didn't use Gilgo beach as a deposit site, he went back there two years later with MBB, my working theory is that RH was throwing out so many red herrings and I think he was copy catting other serial killers on LI also MOO
I'm undecided on Cherries. I think it's possible.

We don't know of other victims who were disposed of IN water by him, but that doesn't mean he didn't.

Cherries would also be different from the others with what we know because she was stabbed to death.

I am waiting for more information, basically. I know that I know very little.

Last week, I didn't even know Sandra's name, and if I had, I would have assumed her a victim of JB. And I would have been completely wrong, because I didn't have all the information.

MOO

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli