UID Victim: The Asian Male, UP9355, John Doe #8, poss. died 1996-2001, found Gilgo Beach Apr 2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Isotope Analysis. - Post #64 I've thought about this too. This is often a technique applied to ancient human remains which can give some clues about where that individual spent much of their life.

https://www.kuleuven.be/english/new...eals-geographical-origin-of-human-remains202c

This above article specifically mentions it being used in unidentified person cold cases and ultimately leading to them being solved!

In this way, strontium isotopic analysis can help redirect a forensic investigation that has run into a dead end. "Archaeologists have long used the method to trace human migrations. Our research team is applying the method for the first time to recent human remains. We looked into four cases where the police had little or no evidence to identify bodies or skeletons. Strontium isotopic analysis did not enable an indisputable positive identification, as with DNA, but it did allow the police to rule out certain leads and follow others. And this ultimately led to these cases being solved."

http://aboutforensics.co.uk/forensic-anthropology/

The reason I ask is that there are clothing stores specifically for trans people. It may be a helpful clue if he was wearing something specially made for trans people

Maybe I'm just ignorant to the tactics of LE, but not even a description of what Asian Male was wearing? That's one of only two real things we have to help us identify him and they won't even release it. They must really not want this solved...

So, I know his height doesn't match anywhere close (could it be incorrect?) but his last sighting being in the 105th precinct in Queens kinda made me 😳

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/12480/120/

The heights are correct, forensics, pathologists are pretty accurate, whoever reported him missing would know his height or would have taken it from his license. 8" is a big difference. 2 to 3" difference is another thing. The fact that you questioned it was a good thing because of the discrepancies you are noticing. That it really isn't a good match before you submit it. Exactly the details the Doe Network suggests to review before you submit it.

Maybe I'm just ignorant to the tactics of LE, but not even a description of what Asian Male was wearing? That's one of only two real things we have to help us identify him and they won't even release it. They must really not want this solved...

That's the Suffolk county LE. Maybe there is a reason for that. At the very least if it was unidentifiable they should state that. However there have been much older remains found with identifiable clothing.

Personally I see it as he wasn't reported missing because his parents didn't know he was trans or gay or he was disowned for this. While articles say trans unless they've found actual female parts he could just dress in drag or wanted to become a women since a lot of trans people take to sex work to get the money to have the procedure. His family if they hadn't disowned him is likely not aware of his private life and are lookin for their son and not an Asian male who was likely having sex with males for money. I believe once the killer found out he was tricked he became enraged and killed him. So we probably are looking for a missing Asian male who could easily pass in drag is my guess. I don't think via missing person reports we can find him but I think if someone were to ask the trans groups around the area as well as at the gay clubs or drag show type clubs to see if anyone there had a worker or member go missing without a word(or if some word was gotten it was something easily faked by a killer like a text or letter or call from a "family member") cause in my mind that's the best bet. One thing I watched showed a group of trans women who talked about the violence johns will do if they find out they're not a girl or use to be a guy and that even after the procedure they often find it hard finding work in some cases. So even if he had the procedure he could have been disowned and had to keep doing that for money but my guess is he would have been saving up for it or into drugs potentially.

Also the missing teeth says to me drugs or bridges/crowns etc even partial dentures or root canals. Basically anything that could help identify him besides cavities filled. Or the person didn't have a lot of money or maybe the killer lost it when he figured it was a dude and punched the front tooth out. We'd have better luck if we added women's wigs and potentially makeup to the sketch if they were fully trans or even just if it was drag. Since that's what anyone who may have worked with him/her may remember him as. Again I don't think his family knew and so people in the lgbt community and drag queens or trans groups would be the best bet at who may remember. That and other sex workers. The only other tooth related thing isnt likely what he did so I won't mention it. One thing though can't the killer use acid or something to make the body turn to just the skeleton so it appears like it's been there a long time? One other option dudes have beat trans people to death because they were dating them or did stuff with them and then find out they are and are furious at the idea that they did something with someone who was male. I don't think he hates gay people but I think the killer doesn't like being outsmarted and rages when it happens and likely it was already a planned murder but of what they assumed was a female.

Tirrel Santiago
http://www.missingkids.com/photographs/NCMC1180750c1.jpg

Asian Male
https://identifyus.org/en/medias/full/17764

Police said the Asian man was between 17 and 23 years old and approximately 5- feet-6. The man was missing both his top and bottom molars and one of his top front teeth, police said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/long-island-serial-killer-victim-sketches-released/story?id=14563427

When you lose molars, the jaw bone gets thinner in time. As it is not regularly stimulated by chewing action.

https://www.google.com.tr/search?q=...vbDkp3jxgIVBbMUCh0YJQ1s#imgrc=7r45rqieCft3dM:

Notice the indendation on the bottom jawbone on the lefthand side, for both the "Asian" Male and Tirrel.
It also makes ones cheeks thinner. And more sunken. Meth I'm told has the worst effects on teeth. He couldn't have removed specific teeth that identify him and a few extras to throw us off by assuming the back ones all were gone.

I just keep on thinking about the possibility that he is a victim of human trafficking from Indonesia, and that the molars were removed by his captors to give him a more feminine appearance.

Does anyone know if Tung Tran was submitted as a possibility? https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/14050/145/
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• asian male.jpeg
    asian male.jpeg
    65.3 KB · Views: 25
  • Long_Island_Asian_Male_cropped.JPG
    Long_Island_Asian_Male_cropped.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 257
  • asian male resized.jpg
    asian male resized.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 265
No not that I could find in my research, go for it! Good luck! At this point if anyone submits a duplicate they will let you know, no stone should be left unturned. We at WS are going to find out who they are!

Why do people keep posting pictures of obviously straight, manly men?? This person was obviously effeminate gay or a transsexual. You are never going to find him the way you are looking for him.

Watched an old Forensics Files. How can we get someone to do a better sketch or like on the show, a bust? It was the Lisk case.

I think about this young woman (she likely would want to be identified as such) quite often and what her life must have been like. I know her teeth were not in the best shape given reports. It would take a risky personality to be a sex worker and trans as the likelihood of being abused/killed once their sex is discovered by a client is much higher. Venture to say this young woman was at risk (possibly drug addicted and homeless along with being a prostitute) and may be an immigrant. If at risk and an immigrant I would venture to say she may have never been reported as missing in the USA.

I will say I've always thought Mo Zhang was the best match. Nothing seems to have come of that after he was submitted many years ago. Then again Peaches Jane Doe took way too long IMHO to be connected to her other remains in the LISK case so ... who knows why... SCPD.

It's odd Namus doesn't have a case manager listed for Tung Tran, and he's not listed in the Doe Network. I don't think I'd contact SCPD because of... well, just wouldn't.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KiKi_T
Back