UK - 31 children rescued, 700 arrested in int pedo internet ring

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From the article petra posted.

Ian Robertson, of the UK-based Child Exploitation and Online Protection centre (CEOP), told BBC News 24 that the ages of the children whose images were exchanged on the site ranged from babies to teenagers.

This just makes me want to cry. Cry for these babies and children because of the horrible abuse they have been subjected to. I also want to cry because this is amazing news that these children have been found and rescued and will be getting help.

I'm praying for them all.

YES! This IS huge news!!! Fantastic job!! Now, if they would just do this every day with even more agencies working together...they can recover even MORE children! The children will need extensive therapy and unconditional love, but they are free from their captors now to get that help! It is wonderful!

The sick perverts should get the death penalty in EVERY country. I hope they don't give them a slap on the wrist and let them go. We need a Gitmo for predators of children...they are terrorists of the worst kind, IMO.

The best thing I have read on WS in a long time!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Well I finally found it on CNN's website, but I had to search for it. Why isn't it on their main page? :( This news is HUGE.

The whole thing disgusts me, but this snippet from the article really hit me.

Police rescued 31 children, some of them only a few months old. More than 15 of the children were in the United Kingdom, the child protection center said, refusing to elaborate. Authorities would not say where the other children were from
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/06/18/uk.pedophile.ring.ap/index.html

Sick bastards. :furious: :furious:

I wish they would give some more information about who the children are that were found.:(

http://merciafm.co.uk/Article.asp?id=425163&spid=

It follows a ten-month police investigation involving agencies from 35 countries around the world. The paedophiles used an Internet chatroom called "Kids the Light of Our Lives" to swap photos and videos of children being subjected to horrific sexual abuse. According to Ceop about 200 of the suspects are based in the UK.

Cant find much else????

I wish they would give some more information about who the children are that were found.:(

NewMom,

Yes, it is very sick!!

I don't think we'll hear very much about the kids to protect their identities from those that would want their 'story' and exploit them all over again.
:(

Lisa
most of these kids will have been harmed by people/family they actually love. It's heartbreaking to think about.

Jubie

You're right jubie. I just wish they would say whether or not some of these children are "missing" children.

I may just be holding out false hope that some of these children did not belong to these monsters and may be on their way to being reunited with their real families.

Thank GOD!!! Oh this is wonderful news, but sickening to read about.

britain_pedophile_ring.sff_180.jpg

edited because the info I posted had been already posted. Here is the photo that accompanies the article.

NewMom,

Yes, it is very sick!!

I don't think we'll hear very much about the kids to protect their identities from those that would want their 'story' and exploit them all over again.
:(

Lisa
most of these kids will have been harmed by people/family they actually love. It's heartbreaking to think about.

Jubie

Yes, I agree.

at least 15 children from UK and 7 children from Canada :mad:

US investigation continuing--number of children, if any, has not be released.

So these children began their lives as merchandise.

Some of the Wholesalers have been arrested.

So...If I am the owner of an internet server company and 10,466 of my customers are paying me to allow them to sell Heroine online at rock-bottom prices....can I just deposit the money and say I didn't know?

Cox was arrested last September after an undercover Canadian policeman found the chatroom during an investigation into paedophile websites.
After his arrest, undercover officers spent 10 days infiltrating the chatroom, assuming his identity to collect evidence about other users.
It took this long to shut them down? 9 months ? Am I missing something here?

It took this long to shut them down? 9 months ? Am I missing something here?

IMO it took many months due to how many of people were in on this thing. We dont know yet for sure but just what I read this is going to be a problem everywhere! Hopefully they got most if not all the SOB's doing this!

What wonderful news that some innocent children were rescued - great job, LE!! How horrific that these things really do go on in real life, I'm glad they caught these sickos and I hope they continue to catch more predators and bring other children home safely, too.

My prayers to all the innocent victims and their families, may they somehow find a way to heal.

Slightly OT--CHILDREN STOLEN OFF STREETS FOR SLAVE LABOR

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/asia/article1938288.ece

Our children, Our future

The future of the world seems so bleak at times.

I feel so blessed when I hear and read such horrific acts against the world's children. :sick:

I hope all those attending the 2008 Olympics read about the use of children as young as 12 who were used to produce the merchandise like hats and such that will be sold to the attendees.. if they would all stop purchasing goods produced by slave labor maybe we can get things to change... if the demand s no longer there then there is no need for the the supply..

This is huge news.. congrats to the LE who brought this site down and I hope everyone of the individuals involved is given a death sentance most especially those that were guilty of direct abuse of these children.. the guys who were buying this filth should be sentanced to a life term with no parole. As a part of their penance they should be subjected to similar abuse multiple times a day for the rest of their lives. They should also have to turn over all monies they have earned to date.. and be made to continue to work in some capacity to pay for their incarceration and for the services that these children will need over their lifetime. They destroyed these childrens lives the least they can do is pay for the future care they will require and for the services they will need to keep them locked up.

My prayers go to these children .. may they no longer have to endure any further abuse I hope they are provided with the access that they need to the mental health and medical services they will need.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back