UK - 4 children died in house fire, 27YO woman arrested, Sutton, 16 Dec 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wonder if she was shopping for Christmas gifts? Maybe I just don't want to believe that she is a horrible person...
What a tragedy.

Unless we hear differently ,I think the same as you. It is unimaginably what she must be feeling .

Wonder if she was shopping for Christmas gifts? Maybe I just don't want to believe that she is a horrible person...
What a tragedy.

It doesn't really matter what she was at the shops for though, it's still not safe or wise to leave 4 kids of that age alone.
Unfortunately she's having to live with the horrific consequences of that now.

What a tragedy.

I've got 4 kids. At 27 i was a parent of 4, twins and my oldest two girls, 3 and 4, are 22.

I've left my twins home EVER, not even for a minnute. They're 7 now..

mum will live with this forever but I'm so peed off at crap sentencing

I've got 4 kids. At 27 i was a parent of 4, twins and my oldest two girls, 3 and 4, are 22.

I've left my twins home EVER, not even for a minnute. They're 7 now..

mum will live with this forever but I'm so peed off at crap sentencing

She has not been sentenced yet. That will come later . There might still be other charges to come.

I am in a bad mood today as a caveat, but why the hell do these people have children??? There are people crying out to adopt if home life is bad. I'm sure there is a stigma involved with giving up your children but surely the stigma of neglecting them which leads to death is much worse!! MOO

Edited to say after reading a few more articles hopefully this is just a one off lapse of judgement albeit with devastating consequences
You can’t just decide to give your children away for someone else to adopt. It’s not like a dog rescue. If you approach SS saying you can’t cope (or you fancy going shopping or out on the beer) they aren’t just going to magically relieve you of all your responsibilities. SS philosophy is to keep families together where at all possible.

By all accounts these children were happy, healthy, polite and well behaved, and well known in the neighbourhood. SS aren’t going to just hand them over to someone else who “wants children”.

You can’t just decide to give your children away for someone else to adopt. It’s not like a dog rescue. If you approach SS saying you can’t cope (or you fancy going shopping or out on the beer) they aren’t just going to magically relieve you of all your responsibilities. SS philosophy is to keep families together where at all possible.

By all accounts these children were happy, healthy, polite and well behaved, and well known in the neighbourhood. SS aren’t going to just hand them over to someone else who “wants children”.
You're right and I did caveat that my bad mood resulted in a knee jerk reaction. It just made me so sad when I read it. As you say they seemed like a happy family but really wish she'd have reached out for someone to babysit if she needed to go out that desperately

I agree, but I see it time and time again that people lull themselves into a false sense of security.

“Oh the babies are asleep and I desperately need bread and milk for breakfast, do I wake them up and drag them all to the shop in the pouring rain or do I just nip out. I’ll only be 10 minutes, what could go wrong?” (I’m not saying that’s what happened here, but it’s a train of thought that a lot of parents will have had).

I see on parenting sites that people mitigate it by saying “what’s the difference from if you’re sitting in the garden/washing the car/chatting to your neighbour while the kids are asleep on the top floor?” People rationalise it all the time.

I think as a parent it’s sometimes easy to say “oh I would NEVER do x, y or z” but I know how many times that came back to bite me!

Mother of four brothers killed in London house fire says she will 'never get over' their loss | Daily Mail Online

Rose said, according to The Times: 'Bryson, Kyson, Logan and Leyton were my boys, they were my babies, they were my life, they were my world.

'They were my heart, they were my soul, they were everything. Everything feels so surreal. I can't function.'

The inferno tore through the ground floor of the house, overwhelming the four boys with dense smoke.

The children were pulled from the blaze by firefighters but tragically could not be saved and were pronounced dead at hospital.

Do you somehow think that the deaths of 4 children - 4 people - is in some way a suitable punishment for the mother??
Well, that’s the worst punishment she will ever endure for her entire life. But she does need to face criminal justice as well. You can’t be responsible for 4 deaths and not have consequences.

Hi, I'm new to posting here. I live very close to where this happened and therefore followed events very closely at the time. I would have expected there to have been some sort of follow up in the news by now but apart from an article at the time of the boys funeral there's been nothing.
I've searched online to try and find out if mum was ever re-arrested or charged, if they ever confirmed what happened with regards to the boys being home alone or even an official cause of the fire. I can't find anything.

Is that normal? Is there anywhere I should be looking for information other than Google?

Link to the Daily Mail, Mother has been granted Bail at this mornings court hearing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marisa_breanna97
Back