UK - Actor Kevin Spacey accused of making sexual advances, 12 charges against 4 boys *acquitted in 2023*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So I'm watching the Piers Morgan interview with Kevin Spacey indirectly through the Behavior Panel. (I can't justify watching PM directly since I find him offensive. Just me.)

A few things caught my attention:
1) Kevin talked about 'when you fall in love across the room' there is not anything wrong with being a bit aggressive.(Not verbatim, but that's how I interpreted it.)
2) Piers mentioned that, historically, 40% of marital relationships developed from an older, male boss meeting a younger female worker. PM then went on to say, that after Weinstein, Kevin possibly got caught up in that 'hysterical' (grrr!) first wave. KS responded that some of that Weinstein splashback and Me Too movement were warranted. He then want on to say, but the media looked into Weinstein for a year before they printed anything. The implication was that Kevin was angry that the media didn't give him the same luxury.
3) KS had said he might have had some bad behaviour. PM asked him what he meant by that. KS said he might have been too 'handsy', 'touching someone sexually, in a way that, at the time I didn't know that they didn't want.' PM asked if he meant groping, which some people could interpret as being criminal. KS response was that 'I find the word groping an odd word, I would refer to it as caressing.' 'When you're making a pass at someone you want to be gentle. That is the way I am.' [Wait a minute. Look back at point #1 where KS talked about being aggressive.]

There's more but I don't think I can watch it all again.

So I'm watching the Piers Morgan interview with Kevin Spacey indirectly through the Behavior Panel. (I can't justify watching PM directly since I find him offensive. Just me.)

1) Kevin talked about 'when you fall in love across the room' there is not anything wrong with being a bit aggressive.(Not verbatim, but that's how I interpreted it.)
2) Piers mentioned that, historically, 40% of marital relationships developed from an older, male boss meeting a younger female worker. PM then went on to say, that after Weinstein, Kevin possibly got caught up in that 'hysterical' (grrr!) first wave. KS responded that some of that Weinstein splashback and Me Too movement were warranted. He then want on to say, but the media looked into Weinstein for a year before they printed anything. The implication was that Kevin was angry that the media didn't give him the same luxury.
3) KS had said he might have had some bad behaviour. PM asked him what he meant by that. KS said he might have been too 'handsy', 'touching someone sexually, in a way that, at the time I didn't know that they didn't want.' PM asked if he meant groping, which some people could interpret as being criminal. KS response was that 'I find the word groping an odd word, I would refer to it as caressing.' 'When you're making a pass at someone you want to be gentle. That is the way I am.' [Wait a minute. Look back at point #1 where KS talked about being aggressive.]

I would have to go back to the start and read the whole thread, but just a quick response to the point he raised about the media. There have been rumours regarding KS and sexual harassment of young men on the internet for years in certain discussion forums, way before Me Too and Weinstein, and he is not the only one.

I don't know if any of it is true, but it certainly wasn't a surprise to me when he was called out publicly. I would imagine the press have read all those same rumours, but I agree that that is not sufficient enough to call evidence without looking for the source of the smoke!

JMO

It sounds like Spacey hasn't learned anything. His victims just "misunderstood" his intentions. It's not sexually groping, it's "caressing". Falling in love with someone across the room means its ok to go aggressively grope them, that's normal.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tkm0284
Back