GUILTY UK - Alena Grlakova, 38, The Travellers' Inn pub, Rotherham, 26 Dec 2018 + Samantha Class Retrial

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

cybervampira

Reaction score
Detectives continue search for missing Alena six weeks after her disappearance

DETECTIVES searching for a missing Swinton woman have urged people to check their outbuildings or disused properties six weeks after her disappearance.

Alena Grlakova (38), a Slovakian Roma, has not been seen since Boxing Day evening, shortly after she left The Travellers' Inn pub on Broad Street, Parkgate.

Police officers and her family are said to be increasingly concerned for her welfare and the fact she had not made contact with her loved ones.

Ms Grlakova was last seen with an unknown man on Scrooby Lane at around 7.15pm on December 26.

He was described as around 5ft 7ins to 5ft 9ins tall, of a stocky, plump build, and between 30 to 50-years-old. He walked past her and wished her a Merry Christmas. The man is said to have been wearing a dark coat and possibly a hat.

South Yorkshire Police said its investigative team had received numerous reports of sightings and were now focusing on a possible sighting on Taylors Lane later on Boxing Day evening.

upload_2019-2-6_15-12-47.jpegupload_2019-2-6_15-14-33.jpeg

South Yorkshire Police

South Yorkshire Police

APPEAL: Can you help officers looking for Alena Grlakova?

Today marks six weeks since Alena Grlakova from Rotherham was last seen. Both officers and her family are becoming increasingly concerned for her welfare and the fact that she has not made contact with her loved ones during that time.

As searches continue, police are also urging people who live in Rotherham to check any outbuildings or disused buildings they own.

Today and over the coming days, searches are focused around Broad Street, Parkgate and the surrounding areas as officers continue to piece together Alena’s movements on Boxing Day 2018, when she was last seen.

The last confirmed sighting officers have of Alena, 38, who was reported missing last month, is on Wednesday 26 December 2018, when she was seen leaving the Travellers Public House on Rawmarsh Hill. Since then, the investigative team have received numerous reports of different sightings and are now focusing on a possible sighting of Alena on Taylors Lane later that evening.

T/Superintendent Iain Chorlton, said: “It’s extremely out of character for Alena to not contact her family and as today marks six weeks since she was last seen, I’d like to stress that my concerns are still there.

“She has missed her brother’s birthday during this time, and hasn’t contacted her family on a regular basis like she usually would. They are all extremely concerned and we need members of the public to come forward with information so that we can find Alena.

“At the moment, we are following up information that Alena may have been near to the Fitzwilliam Arms on Taylors Lane, Parkgate, on Boxing Day evening at around 8pm.

“As we work to confirm this sighting, we are carrying out a thorough search of the area, including outbuildings and disused buildings. I’d like to please ask anyone who lives in that area to do the same and check any that they own. We are looking for signs that Alena was there.

“I’d ask anyone with information to please get in touch with us. You can call the incident room directly on 01709 443540. You can also pass information to 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously quoting incident number 450 of 15 January 2019.

South Yorkshire Police

APPEAL: Latest information in search for Alena Grlakova

Police looking for Alena Grlakova are now following up information that she may have asked for a lift from a pub in the Parkgate area on the evening she was last seen.

Following calls from a member of the public, officers are now looking into whether Alena, 38, went into the Fitzwilliam Arms pub and hotel on Taylors Lane, on the evening of Wednesday 26 December 2018.

She would’ve been in the area at around 8pm, as T/Superintendent Iain Chorlton explains.

“While our last confirmed sighting of Alena is still leaving the Travellers Public House on Rawmarsh Hill on Boxing Day, we are looking at whether she may have gone into the Fitzwilliam Arms later that evening. This comes following information received from members of the public and is just one of a number of lines of enquiry we continue to follow up.

“The information we have suggests she may have also asked for a lift from the pub and while we work to confirm this, I’d ask anyone who was in the pub that evening and who saw Alena to get in touch with us.

“It’s so important that people keep contacting us with information, we need your help to find Alena. Even the smallest piece of information could help us to find her.
“Today and tomorrow we are also publicising our appeals for Alena in both English and Slovakian, via a digital ad-van with the hope that it jogs someone’s memory who may have seen Alena that evening.

“Were you in the area? Did you see Alena? Did she ask you for a lift?

“If you can help, please call our incident room directly on 01709 443540, 101 quoting incident number 450 of 15 January or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.”

upload_2019-2-8_3-53-12.jpegupload_2019-2-8_3-52-40.jpeg

Body found near where woman last seen

A man has been arrested on suspicion of murdering a woman whose body was found yards from where she went missing months before.

Alena Grlakova, 38, who had last been seen near a hotel in Rotherham's Parkgate area on Boxing Day, was found dead behind it on Tuesday.

A 45-year-old Rotherham man was earlier arrested on suspicion of her murder.

South Yorkshire Police said Ms Grlakova's family in the UK and Slovakia had been informed.

[...]

First time I have started a thread so will try and post as many links and information as possible.

Alena Grlakova was last seen around the area of the Fitzwilliam Arms on boxing day evening 2018 (the Fitzwilliam Arms is at the bottom of this map)

Screenshot_20190409-141706_Gallery.jpg

Her body was found on the 8th April at around 1.50pm in a field behind the Fitzwilliam Arms despite previous extensive searches.

Screenshot_20190409-140839_Samsung Internet.jpg

The locals are spouting that she must have been disposed of there in the last few days.

Don't think any of them have realised it would make the murderer Britain's dumbest criminal to take a body back to the site the person was last seen in 4 months later.

Yes charges I think soon.

South Yorkshire Police

APPEAL: Senior detective appeals for information following death of Alena Grlakova

Detective Chief Inspector Mark Oughton, leading the investigation into the death of Alena Grlakova, is appealing for key witnesses to come forward.

DCI Oughton is particularly keen to trace a man Alena was seen with on Boxing Day 2018 at around 8.30pm on Scrooby Lane, Rotherham.
Watch the video below to learn more and to find out how you can help.

Please call 101 quoting incident 453 of 8 April 2019, or speak to Crimestoppers anonymously if you have any information.

You can also speak to the incident room directly on 01709 443540.

They have had a local guy in custody for 48 hours now.

Wondering if there will be a charge coming today or if they will ask for a further extension (think it would have to be a magistrate that gives extra time now)

The locals are spouting that she must have been disposed of there in the last few days.

Don't think any of them have realised it would make the murderer Britain's dumbest criminal to take a body back to the site the person was last seen in 4 months later.

Yes charges I think soon.

I think people started speculating that because apparently the council were working in the area not long before she was found but didn't find her nor did the police originally. The police have said the body was well concealed though so I guess that's why they didn't find it in reality and not because it was dumped after.

I hope a lot of people are ashamed of themselves because of the comments they left on Facebook when she was first listed missing by South Yorkshire Police. Some of them were downright disgusting. The police themselves touched on this when she was still missing.

Supt Chorlton said officers and Ms Grlakova's family were increasingly concerned for her welfare.

He said: "A lot of people have been judgemental about the way Alena lived her life.

"I'm asking people to put that to one side and just bear in mind that it's a vulnerable woman that's missing."

Did missing Swinton woman Alena Grlakova ask you for a lift?

I know it was totally disgusting some of the things that were said about her, made me ashamed to be local.

LE are still at the home of the accused so I think they know they have the right guy, hope they can prove it.

A 45-year-old man who was previously arrested in connection with Ms Grlakova's death has been bailed pending further inquiries.

Meanwhile officers are still trying to find her sweatshirt with "Little Black Sweat" written on it and her black tracksuit bottoms with white stripes down the sides.

Ms Grlakova was also wearing blonde clip-in hair extensions. They are also missing.

Officers think these items may still be in the area.

Murder police want to trace man

Det Chief Insp Mark Oughton, said: "We know Alena went into the Travellers on Broad Street just after 6.35pm on Boxing Day and later into the Fitzwilliam Arms on Taylor's Lane at 7.10pm. She left about ten minutes later, returning to the Fitzwilliam Arms again just before 7.40pm.

“The area would’ve no doubt been busy with people enjoying the rest of the festive season and I’m confident there are local people who will have been in those pubs that evening who may have seen her.

“We believe she was asking people for lifts that night – did you see her? Did she speak to you? She was wearing quite distinctive clothing (pictured below)

clothing.jpg

“We are getting some really key pieces of information through and our investigation is continuing to progress. However, we still need to hear from anyone who saw Alena that night and from people who saw anyone acting suspiciously in the area.

Police return to Parkgate to urge witnesses in Alena Grlakova murder inquiry to come forward

Police still around the area handing out leaflets etc we were approached when we were at a local retail park over the weekend by officers.

I think they know who has done it (well the whole local community seems to know also).

They are desperate to find her clothing.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSMEITH1
Back