UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
13:10

'DNA more than one-billion times more likely to be from accused'

Forensic scientist Stuart Bailey has finished giving evidence.

He told Glasgow High Court how DNA matching the teenage boy accused of raping and murdering Alesha was found on her body and clothes.

He told the court that the DNA found on the girl’s neck, private parts, shoes and vest is more than one-billion times more likely to be from the accused than someone unrelated to him.

The defence’s case is set to begin this afternoon.

0_Funeral-Takes-Place-Of-Murdered-Schoolgirl-Alesha-McPhail.jpg

Alesha's coffin being carried out of her funeral in July (Image: Getty Images)

Accused boy's 'DNA found on Alesha MacPhail's shorts and vest'

Returning home from the crime scene, potentially covered in blood, skin, hair, fibres, Alesha's DNA, dirt etc from where the body was left etc etc. We don't know to what extent he brought back but i'm fairly certain there would have been more rather than less and therefore not an easy job to eradicate.
Wouldn't a lot of this be washed off if he went into the sea before going home for a showerr? At what point did he take the trousers and boxers off?

I'm wondering, if he did take a dip in the sea after he committed the crime, would the CCTV footage from when he returned home not be able to discern whether he was wet or not e.g. from his hair texture or from his clothes? Because if he was dry it may point to him not actually washing up in the sea. Just a thought.

I'm wondering, if he did take a dip in the sea after he committed the crime, would the CCTV footage from when he returned home not be able to discern whether he was wet or not e.g. from his hair texture or from his clothes? Because if he was dry it may point to him not actually washing up in the sea. Just a thought.

Yes, I would think it would show on cctv. Plus, without going into specifics, the direction that he came into the house from at 3.35am

I think I read that it had been bagged up beforehand, so it was in the skip in a bag, not just directly placed in with the other rubbish though..

I’m not sure. But it wasn’t checked because of the state it was in per the undernoted tweet. I am sure the person who called in the top to the police stated that the police officer bagged it and took it away. Maybe at the skip he tipped it out the bag. Fool.

Connor Gillies - Twitter
No blood found on hooded top recovered from skip at police station.

Witness didn’t try for DNA due to conditions it was recovered in.

You can’t admit you don’t know what kind of contamination he brought back with him, and then say you’re fairly certain there was a lot and thus a difficult job to clean up.

As someone else has pointed out, a quick dip in the sea after the crime would have made a big difference to the amount of material left on him when he returned home.

My point is, it's very unlikely he came home with no contamination at all - it's almost impossible even if he did have a dip in the sea. 117 injuries is a lot of injuries and therefore potentially a lot of traceable evidence. The crime scene is a wooded area which would have specific plants etc. Forensic evidence gathering is so advanced now that only one microscopic piece of DNA or evidence at his home or the MacPhail home would indicate something more specific. It seems there is absolutely nothing though.

13:10

'DNA more than one-billion times more likely to be from accused'

Forensic scientist Stuart Bailey has finished giving evidence.

He told Glasgow High Court how DNA matching the teenage boy accused of raping and murdering Alesha was found on her body and clothes.

He told the court that the DNA found on the girl’s neck, private parts, shoes and vest is more than one-billion times more likely to be from the accused than someone unrelated to him.

The defence’s case is set to begin this afternoon.

0_Funeral-Takes-Place-Of-Murdered-Schoolgirl-Alesha-McPhail.jpg

Alesha's coffin being carried out of her funeral in July (Image: Getty Images)

Accused boy's 'DNA found on Alesha MacPhail's shorts and vest'

Shoes? First time I have heard of any shoes being found at the crime scene. I thought her feet were unmarked therefore we all assumed she had been carried.

Heart Scotland News‏ @HeartScotNews 1m1 minute ago

The report from the scientist shows traces of the accused boy’s semen were found on 6-year-old Alesha MacPhail’s body
Hi all. Great to see you here although wish it was for nicer circumstances. Alyce, thank you for the updates. Just wanted to say my stomach lurched reading that. Poor Alesha rip - this is a horrific case.

Shoes? First time I have heard of any shoes being found at the crime scene. I thought her feet were unmarked therefore we all assumed she had been carried.
That's so odd. She was wearing shoes. Would she put her shoes on if she was sleepwalking?

I’m wondering about the jogging trousers. He had grey on at party black when he left the home and grey jogging bottoms found. What if he had two pairs on left one aside to wear dumped he others and returned home with the black ones on. Would explain the grey and black fibres I know it’s far fetched but not impossible

U
My point is, it's very unlikely he came home with no contamination at all - it's almost impossible even if he did have a dip in the sea. 117 injuries is a lot of injuries and therefore potentially a lot of traceable evidence. The crime scene is a wooded area which would have specific plants etc. Forensic evidence gathering is so advanced now that only one microscopic piece of DNA or evidence at his home or the MacPhail home would indicate something more specific. It seems there is absolutely nothing though.

I can imagine the mother in a bit of a cleaning frenzy. Not to protect her son... to clean her home of the horror of it all. It would have been very hard not to do so I think, especially if she waited until after the police’s initial visit. I think they came back 9 days later? Or did I imagine reading that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214