UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Legally Bland

Reaction score
The body of a young girl has been found on the Isle of Bute.

Police said a female child's body was discovered in woods at about 09:00 on Monday.

Police were alerted that a six-year-old girl was missing from her home in Rothesay at 06:25 on Monday.

The body was discovered in the grounds of a former hotel on Ardbeg Road. A spokeswoman for Police Scotland confirmed that an inquiry had been launched.

Body of young girl found on Isle of Bute

The former hotel concerned is believed to be the Kyles Hydro in Port Bannatyne, two miles north of Rothesay. An area of woodland is understood to have been cordoned off by police.

Police searching for missing six-year-old girl on Bute find child's body | HeraldScotland

Thread #1
Threat #2

Last edited by a moderator:
A body has been found in the search for a six-year-old girl on a Scottish island.

The child from Rothesay, Isle of Bute, was reported missing at 6.25am today. At about 9am, officers found the body of a young girl on the site of a former hotel.

A Police Scotland spokesman said: 'At around 6.25am this morning, police were informed a six-year-old girl was missing in Rothesay.

Police find the body of missing Rothesay girl at an abandoned hotel | Daily Mail Online

Adding in Timeline

10 pm – 1030.pm : Alesha in living room area of house - put to bed by RM with dvd

unspecified time : TM goes to bathroom, then goes to Alesha room, closes door fully

12 midnight or just after : grandmother hears Alesha call out for Peppa Pig

12.22 am : Suspect and mother have argument at suspect's home

12.30 am : Suspect's friends leave his house, suspect's 14 yr old sister accompanies them

01.39 am Suspect texts or Facebook call to RM

01.47 am Suspect / or his sister / or suspect using sisters Facebook account - calls TM

01.54 am Suspect leaves his home, wearing jog pants, trainers , hoodie. Walks in direction of Rothesay and goes past Alesha grandparents home

02.26 am cctv ( Mr McLachlan home ) spots figure walking past his house - shore line - with something on their back. When later asked, Mr McL says he presumed it was somebody carrying a child.

02. 26 am - cctv footage from home of Shari Strathie, who lives 2 doors down from Mr McLachlan.Footage shows movement along the shoreline. She says to her, it looks like a figure walking past her house carrying another person.“You can see the legs hanging down and moving” she says.

03.35 am Suspect returns to his home - from a different direction - accesses his house by jumping over back wall. Does not have hoodie with him.

03.35 to 03.44 m. bathroom light is switched on during this time, mother hears sound of boiler switching on, presume suspect is having shower

03.45 am suspect leaves his home, wearing only shorts , no shoes, carrying what appears to be a black tee shirt

03.52 am suspect returns home

03.58 am suspect leaves home, fully clothed, running, with a torch

04.07 am suspect returns home, now walking

Can I start by sending thoughts and prayers to all of Alesha’s family who’ve had to endure the most unimaginable heartbreak and then to sit there today and listen to the lies spouted by this psychopath, it’s just beyond belief. My thoughts are with them tonight.

This trial is over. It appears to me McConnachie QC for the defence is now just going through the motions. The accused put the final nail in his own coffin today when he tried to tackle the “joggers” evidence...failed miserably and the right thing to do now for everyone’s sake is for him and his legal team to accept his game is up and admit his guilt. The evidence against him is simply overwhelming and the boy needs to be placed in a secure unit for the severely mentally disturbed. Then hopefully all those affected can try to rebuild their lives...

Can I start by sending thoughts and prayers to all of Alesha’s family who’ve had to endure the most unimaginable heartbreak and then to sit there today and listen to the lies spouted by this psychopath, it’s just beyond belief. My thoughts are with them tonight.

Don't want to get all controversial but why would any god let this happen to a child. Prayers. Pfft.

Can someone advise me what happen's next with regards to the trial.

Don't want to get all controversial but why would any god let this happen to a child. Prayers. Pfft.

I don’t believe in god myself, I just mean nice thoughts I’m not on my knees praying right now. But ok we’ll just send thoughts if it’s going to ruffle feathers. I feel like ‘best wishes’ is a bit too cheery for the situation, ‘prayers’ feels more comforting but ok.

Just catching up on the days testimony. I have to say following the trial is somewhat hard from the twitter updates of the media together with the fact that, I am sure, there are certain things that they are unable to report. I find his account of 'losing' his clothing some three days prior to the murder somewhat ridiculous. What did he wear whilst jumping into the sea from the pier? If swim shorts, would a normal person not have worn these to the beach? If he did, the joggers and underpants would not have been found tangled together as though taken off in a hurry.

Another issue, for me, is that his DNA was found on the waistband of the joggers. After being in the sea for a period of a few days? I find that very hard to believe given the degrading qualities of salt water. Although we do not have an indication of what type of DNA was found on the joggers I did locate a summary of an article in respect of the impact of water on semen stains on clothing (https://www.researchgate.net/public...n_cotton_fabric_in_various_water_environments) as can be seen after 12 hours in ocean water spermatozoa was undetectable.

All IMO

Can someone advise me what happen's next with regards to the trial.

In what respect? I used to attend trials (in England) a lot, perhaps I can help?

ETA sorry I responded before you added "next" and it has been answered :)

With regards to the apartment. From looking at Zoopla etc is would appear the house is split into 53 and 52. The same council website has floor plans submitted with the application which are interesting. It appears to only be a 2 bed flat in 2005.
Civica Town - Document Viewer

If you go back to the last page of the prior thread the actual full rejection paperwork is linked. It says in there the building is divided into three flats.

I have to say how much i also don't love the street numbering. The attic flat is 52 i assume (as Calum MacPhail's name is on the planning paperwork asking for a large dormer instead of two small to the rear). The ground floor is 53 as per the current sales schedule. So what is the first floor flat? 52 and a half? It was the vague descriptions PLUS photographs of exterior PLUS the fact that they liuve in the attic at 52 and the ground floor is 53 which had me convinced it was only a 2-dwelling building. There's no reason to it either as if you go on street view some flats in some buildings nearby are lettered, i.e. main door is 65, then there's 65a, 65b etc. and others seem to be like this, each flat gets a whole number.

If you go back to the last page of the prior thread the actual full rejection paperwork is linked. It says in there the building is divided into three flats.

I have to say how much i also don't love the street numbering. The attic flat is 52 i assume (as Calum MacPhail's name is on the planning paperwork asking for a large dormer instead of two small to the rear). The ground floor is 53 as per the current sales schedule. So what is the first floor flat? 52 and a half? It was the vague descriptions PLUS photographs of exterior PLUS the fact that they liuve in the attic at 52 and the ground floor is 53 which had me convinced it was only a 2-dwelling building. There's no reason to it either as if you go on street view some flats in some buildings nearby are lettered, i.e. main door is 65, then there's 65a, 65b etc. and others seem to be like this, each flat gets a whole number.

3 flats. One on the lower ground (currently for sale number 53 Ardbeg Road) and two flats on the floor above covering two floors (attics) Why the confusion? <modsnip: rude and personalizing>

Last edited by a moderator:
Why so much emphasis on the layout of the flat?

If you want someone to blame blame the accused only, he is the only one responsible for this heinous crime. And yes there is evil amongst us all, regardless of where you live on this planet.

I’ve had timeouts for less....joke.

We're absolutely 100% sure he's the only person responsible then....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway