GUILTY UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was reading this article again ( ok, it's the Sun) and the bit where, allegedly, AC's mum says;

" ..He (AC's father) blamed me and my son blamed me as I was the one who phoned the police.
But I told them I would have just been waiting for the police to come to my door."

It's another insight into AC's overall reaction to the crime.
As far I have seen and to the best of what I've read, AC carried out the most heinous crime; his strange and numerous excusions back and forth to the crime scene, blamed his mother for calling the police, acted very confident and convincing to the arresting officers, denied his guilt with bizarre explanations, admitted guilt at the final stage and mocked poor A's family and now has an Appeal forthcoming.
Has this kind of pattern of behaviour happened before in cases similar to this?
Can a young adult who committed a horrendous murder, be as mercurial in his reactions?
Does this show a mental illness or an immature mind out of control - or both?
My opinion (and not in the Mental Health profession) favours some kind of mental illness.
IMHO
Alesha MacPhail's twisted teen killer disowned behind bars by sickened family
In my personal opinion, his murderous act was not primarily motivated by mental illness. He may have suffered from depression and/or anxiety, but these factors alone seldom impel someone to commit gratuitous violence. I think his actions, in both the murder and the subsequent trial, suggest that he suffers from psychopathy. The careless indifference he displayed, in both the disposal of evidence and the bare-faced lying to the police and prosecution, is symptomatic of a psychopathic condition, while the crimes he committed indicate the presence of a virulent sadism that could only ever be utilised by someone lacking any empathy. However, having followed the case relatively closely over the past six months, I've seen nothing to indicate that he is suffering from psychosis/schizophrenia, and so I believe that he was fully cognisant of the severity of his actions.

Last edited:
In my personal opinion, his murderous act was not primarily motivated by mental illness. He may have suffered from depression and/or anxiety, but these factors alone seldom impel someone to commit gratuitous violence. I think his actions, in both the murder and the subsequent trial, suggest that he suffers from psychopathy. The careless indifference he displayed, in both the disposal of evidence and the bare-faced lying to the police and prosecution, is symptomatic of a psychopathic condition, while the crimes he committed indicate the presence of a virulent sadism that could only ever be utilised by someone lacking any empathy. However, having followed the case relatively closely over the past six months, I've seen nothing to indicate that he is suffering from psychosis/schizophrenia, and so I believe that he was fully cognisant of the severity of his actions.

I think we've discussed this before on the Thread; I've certainly never thought about it before until this case.

" Whether psychopathy is a mental disease or illness can affect whether psychiatrists should treat it and whether it could serve as the basis for an insanity defense in criminal trials."

Is Psychopathy a Mental Disease? - Oxford Scholarship

Just watched the Pearce Morgan interview with Paris Bennett, boy who killed his 4 year old sister when he was 13. There’s some similarities with both boys being clever, popular, families wealthy enough to provide a good lifestyle then suddenly committing an atrocious act and showing little remorse in the aftermath.

Just watched the Pearce Morgan interview with Paris Bennett, boy who killed his 4 year old sister when he was 13. There’s some similarities with both boys being clever, popular, families wealthy enough to provide a good lifestyle then suddenly committing an atrocious act and showing little remorse in the aftermath.

Sounds interesting

I've tried my best to not linger on this case any longer since the trial ended, but on the 1 year anniversary of her murder she was on my mind, and even locking my front door before bed left me with a weird feeling as i know from the details that the door wasn't locked, its such a disturbing and tragic case.

Was nice to hear what the family did on July 2nd, was a very nice tribute and the best way to deal with the date every year, celebrate instead of mourning.

Hope to God this monster doesn't get his sentence reduced, its a mockery he has even been given the chance. Luckily i don't think he will but it still worries be slightly.

Watched the Sarah Payne documentary on ITV, so sad to watch the family and how they've lived through the horror of that afternoon. I so admire Sara Payne and everything that she has achieved in the most horrific of circumstances. When asked if she wanted ever to visit Whiting in jail she said that she wanted her last memory to be of Sarah playing in the field that sunny afternoon with her brothers and sister.
Who was Sarah Payne, what happened to her and what is Sarah's Law? | Metro News

Since this monster is serving 27 years in prison for murder of six-year-old Alesha MacPhail.

I'm having a difficult time understands why the Scottish Courts and Tribunals Service allows this person to be granted leave this summer to appeal his prison sentence.

The family of Alesha MacPhail will relive the horrific details of her murder. My heart goes out to her family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NarcWahlberg