UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -teen arrested

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alesha MacPhail: Police looking for anyone who helped search for six year old

DETECTIVES are asking anyone who helped search for missing Alesha MacPhail to come forward as they warn locals not to be alarmed. Police Scotland has confirmed an investigation is underway after the body of a six-year-old girl, named locally as Alesha, was found in woodland on the Isle of Bute.

Alesha MacPhail: Police looking for anyone who helped search for six-year-old
I wonder if there are footprints that they would like to eliminate as being from searchers v's potential suspects? Or perhaps establish to establish a timeline...maybe the body was not there when one group checked an area and then was placed there before a second search...

So tragic, poor little thing reminds me of my daughter when she was that age…

Rest in peace little one...

According to the DM article where she was found seems a long way from where her grandparents house / flat is.

I'm also thinking along similar lines to Liet.

They've added a few more details to the article:-

..reported missing from their top floor flat

Alesha's father, Robert MacPhail, was seen among the police during the morning search, asking if anybody had seen his daughter.

Neighbours said he was 'white as a sheet' and calling her name along the beachside road.

It is believed that Alesha lives in Lanarkshire and was spending part of the summer holidays on the island.

The hotel, demolished in the 1970s, is only around 20 minutes' walk from Miss King and Mr MacPhail's home.

Police find the body of missing Rothesay girl on site of old hotel | Daily Mail Online
bbm

So, were there cameras in the building ? Or the front/back entrances, stairwells, etc. ?
Also, what about any businesses in the area ?

Would anyone working second or third shift have noticed her if she left on her own ?
And was she wearing the clothes from the day before-- or her pajamas ?
Maybe lured away?
Although at such a young age... it's not like friends would text her to sneak out with them. :(

Trying to get a picture of how she left the apt. bldg.
If no one saw her, than I'd sadly assume the worst.

'The family’s flat, which is close to the seafront, was taped off as forensics teams swooped.
A cordon was also thrown around a bus stop opposite and run all the way down to the water.'

Sad for the mother too who found out the way she did.

More information here...

Source: Alesha MacPhail's frantic mum pleaded 'tell me what's happened' on Facebook not knowing her six-year-old daughter was dead

The headline on that article says "murder squad detectives have joined the probe into the Isle of Bute tragedy"

I don't know if that's just an investigational formality?

The article says Alesha has a four year old sister, and it sounds like she was also staying on Bute, as it says she was taken home. So many people grieving for this little girl :-( I do wish police had been able to find Alesha's mother and tell her before she found out from FB!

Interesting quotes here from the article

The family’s flat, which is close to the seafront, was taped off as forensics teams swooped.

A cordon was also thrown around a bus stop opposite and run all the way down to the water.

Police stopped traffic entering a winding track leading up to a hill at the rear of the house, while investigators combed an expanse of nearby forest.

Last edited:
bbm

So, were there cameras in the building ? Or the front/back entrances, stairwells, etc. ?
Also, what about any businesses in the area ?

Would anyone working second or third shift have noticed her if she left on her own ?
And was she wearing the clothes from the day before-- or her pajamas ?
Maybe lured away?
Although at such a young age... it's not like friends would text her to sneak out with them. :(

Trying to get a picture of how she left the apt. bldg.
If no one saw her, than I'd sadly assume the worst.
My first thought was what a strange time to report a child missing.

I don't see how any intruder could have got into a 1st floor flat so easily with 3 adults in there. Also the time she was reported missing at 6.30 am. This should be the time when family noticed her missing so any time from putting her to bed say 8 till 6.3o would be a strange time for a 6 year old to go wandering by herself.

I think it has been mentioned earlier, police asking to speak to people involved in the search probably want to do so to get an idea of people's behaviour on that search. IMO.

I don't see how any intruder could have got into a 1st floor flat so easily with 3 adults in there. Also the time she was reported missing at 6.30 am. This should be the time when family noticed her missing so any time from putting her to bed say 8 till 6.3o would be a strange time for a 6 year old to go wandering by herself.

I think it has been mentioned earlier, police asking to speak to people involved in the search probably want to do so to get an idea of people's behaviour on that search. IMO.
No, the flat is on the third floor. Not the first floorl

No, the flat is on the third floor. Not the first floorl
Well it says top floor. I don't think I've seen anything yet saying how many floors there are so it could be ground floor, 1st floor and 2nd floor (assuming it's the house pictured with dormer windows in the roof) or it could be only two flats - with the 1st floor flat having a loft extension.

I wonder why it is referred to as gran's home and not plural grandparents' home. Her grandad shares the same surname. Also why it's not 'to visit her dad' but 'her gran'? I do find it strange that the grandfather is not mentioned except as a registered occupant.

Various quotes from the articles linked:

"Alesha was staying with her dad and gran at their home
"Alan said: “Alesha would go to Bute quite often to visit her gran
"The area surrounding Alesha’s gran’s home,

Cops record details of all ferry passengers after girl, 6, found dead on island

“I can’t believe it. Her poor parents and gran. It’s just appalling – somebody that young.

Alesha Macphail; ‘That’s my daughter,’ mother discovers daughter’s death on Facebook

Last edited:
Are we sure that Calum is the grandfather and Robert is the father? Those names seem to be reversed to mel]
I have just checked, and yes there are birth entries that tallies up for both the father and grandfather so names definitely right
Also "Rab" is a scottish name derived from the name Robert, in England its Rob or Scotland its Rab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3