UK UK - Andrew Gosden, 14, Doncaster, South Yorks, 14 Sep 2007 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I finally took the time to go to other forums about this case, and it's interesting how different they are from each other, tone-wise.

The Facebook group I can recommend. It has Andrew's father occasionally commenting and is all about Hope and Respect and reporting any information / sightings in an appropriate way.
I found it worth checking out.

I often wonder if Andrew had planned to bunk of that day or if it was a spur of the moment decision. He doesn't have appeared to have mentioned or hinted to anyone he was going to do this. Was that due to meticulous planning or because he woke up that morning and decided to do it there and then? There's no evidence he planned it in advance. Didn't buy his ticket in advance or withdraw his money beforehand. If it was on the spur of the moment there's less chance he had anything specifically lined up and more chance something untoward happened.

What happens on the show on the episodes you've seen? How are they surviving, and what kind of contact do they have with authorities?

One thing I have read is that in cities, the authorities / social workers are aware of who the young homeless people on their streets are and are keeping track of them in some ways.

(I don't know how much this is true and how it differs by city, but someone wrote about it, either here or maybe another forum I read.)

In my own medium-sized city, I have seen police talking to the homeless often.

Now in terms of Andrew specifically, IMO it's hard to imagine he would have assimilated with the homeless population anywhere near London back in the earlier years after he went missing without being identified and still never identified, (by the public nor authorities), to this day. His posters are still to be seen in London and other cities.

If he is alive, I do of course think it's possible he's living a transient lifestyle somewhere.

I've not watched it for a while but what I can remember is them walking around the streets during the daylight hours or begging for money and then finding somewhere to sleep for the night when it starts getting dark. They often queued up for food from the charity soup stalls which gave food out to the homeless. So the volunteers doing that would surely have spotted Andrew if he were there doing that. Another option for them was to check out the local homeless shelters which only allowed so many to sleep there a night. They'd have a bed for the night, some hot food, possibly a shower and then have to leave the next morning.

I still can't stop thinking about shadowdancer's friends' sighting. It's nice to think he is still alive but no one can say either way until he's found.

Is it just me or can anyone see a resemblence of Andrew with Daniel Radcliffe who is in the Harry Potter films? Just putting it out there that how Daniel looks now might be a little how Andrew might look as when he was in Harry Potter he did make me think of how Andrew looked?

Is it just me or can anyone see a resemblence of Andrew with Daniel Radcliffe who is in the Harry Potter films? Just putting it out there that how Daniel looks now might be a little how Andrew might look as when he was in Harry Potter he did make me think of how Andrew looked?

I think that if he is alive, our best bet is to look at photos of his parents at a younger age to see how the grown up Andrew would look like. This is how age-progressed photos are made. They take into account which features are inherited by which parent and combine multiple photos to produce possible portraits.

How does photo ageing work?
Ideally an artist will have an original portrait-style photograph of the person who is going to be age-progressed, along with other photos showing them at different angles and with varying expressions.
They also use photographs of other family members. As a rough guide, 70 to 75% of an age-progressed face can be extrapolated from pictures of the subject's parents taken at the same age as the child, says Ms Prince. Pictures of siblings will also be helpful.
As a child grows their eyes will largely stay the same but everything below the eyes grows outwards and downwards, says age-progression artist Auriole Prince.

Unfortunately no new leads.

On a side note, I was trying to remember an old extraordinary case I had read about many years ago that comes to show that miracles can happen. Anyone remember the Natasha Ryan case? She was a 14 year old girl who went missing and was assumed dead only to surface alive during the trial of her murder. She had been willingly living in hiding with her boyfriend for 5 years and was finally discovered alive in 2003. As a reason for remaining in hiding for all those years she said that: "The lie had gotten too big".

Last edited:
Hello first post!
I wonder if he copied one of his favourite band's music videos. In my opinion it romanticises a kid commiting suicide, who resembles Andrew faintly. It was on heavy rotation on MTV in 2006 and possibly still played in 2007. Rock music tends to not be a flash in the pan. Im not going to mention the band or video.

Was a strange time for music.

I know there wasn't a body but maybe he took a connection in London to somewhere that meant something to him.

Last edited:
My only problems with the suicide theory are:
1: How come Andrew's body has never been recovered?
and
2: Why London of all places? Did Andrew have an affinity with it?

and
He may have met someone through an xbox game and travelled to London to meet them. Is it possible to read someone's chats on Xbox without having the device?

Last edited:
and
When you consider the number of long term missing people there are in the U.K., sadly there’s a large number of bodies that have never been recovered :(.

This case has similarities with Alex Sloley's disappearance. Both were gifted maths students and went missing near Kings Cross.
We’ve talked about this before a couple of times. There’s a thread for Alex here https://www.web-sleuths.com/forums/threads/uk-alexander-sloley-16-enfield-london-2-aug-2008.337686/. It’s a shame the case has never gained as much momentum as Andrew’s.

Andrew had connections in Sidcup and Chislehurst
Do you have any links for this please?

March 28 2021
UK harrowing missing person cases - including Blackpool's Charlene Downes
3_Teenager-vanishes-from-Doncaster-home.jpg

Andrew Gosden was last seen at King's Cross Station in London in 2007 (Image: PA Archive/PA Images)
''On September, 14, 2007, 14-year-old Andrew left his house in Doncaster, withdrew £200, and bought a one-way ticket to London.

He was last seen on CCTV at King’s Cross Station - but his reason for heading to the capital or his whereabouts after that remain unknown almost 14 years later.

The possibility that Andrew had gone to London to see somebody he met online was investigated.

But there was no trace of activity by the teen on his home, school or local library computers.

It was also thought he may have travelled for a heavy metal concert.

In 2009, Andrew’s father Kevin said he still thought his son’s disappearance was a “spur of the moment thing”.

While their son remains missing, his family have continued to release age-progression images of Andrew.''

I saw not too many posts ago about Andrew's father mentioning on the morning Andrew disappeared, something about Andrew having trouble getting up. So that makes me wonder if he was either feeling (more) depressed that morning and leaving was a spur of the moment decision or whether he had spent a long time the night before planning his trip to London (perhaps on paper which he perhaps would have taken with him) so he couldn't get up because he was too tired from not having had much sleep and that's why he was moody. I'm irritable when I'm very tired.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo
Back