UK UK - Andrew Gosden, 14, Doncaster, South Yorks, 14 Sep 2007 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Child sex trafficking in UK on the rise with even younger victims targeted
''Boys are also vulnerable: a 14-year-old, Tim, was groomed by one man then expected to have sex with many more. "After a while there would be three or four guys all at once. It was horrible and very scary," he said.''

''Trafficking becoming more common and sexual exploitation more organised.

Grooming methods becoming more sophisticated as abusers use a range of technology – mobile phones, including texts and picture messages, Bluetooth technology, and the internet – to control and abuse children.

The charity dealt with 1,098 children who had been groomed for sex last year, a 4% increase on the previous year.

A recent focus on the ethnicity of abusers risks putting more children in danger, said Carrie. "I am not going to say that ethnicity is not an issue in some geographical areas, it clearly is. But to think of it as the only determining factor is misleading and dangerous."

Do you remember last year we debated and disagreed/agreed about the photo found on the internet at Trafalgar square with a man next to a possible AG. Just supposing it was AG (I don't want to start that debate again, so just supposing...) then the man next to him could have been recognised by Police or public as a known Paedo and they looked into him further? Just a thought. JMO. Can anyone remember the age of the man in the Trafalgar Square photo? JMO

OR, could it be that people who worked at the Maths Genius workshops have been looked into more thoroughly? JMO
where can i see this photo?

Or maybe the abused is forced to become an abuser eventually? JMO

Sadly there is still the chance that once he was too old for certain tastes he would still be a commodity, just a different kind of commodity. No-one wants to think it but if he was broken enough to be controlled then would just put him out to work as a prostitute,it's not just the girls that get pimped out :(.
Maybe he did escape the life they put him in years later,it's a big leap but it's possible Andrew himself is the one who came forward with information. The police wouldn't be able to tell his parents anything if he told them not to.

Do you remember last year we debated and disagreed/agreed about the photo found on the internet at Trafalgar square with a man next to a possible AG. Just supposing it was AG (I don't want to start that debate again, so just supposing...) then the man next to him could have been recognised by Police or public as a known Paedo and they looked into him further? Just a thought. JMO. Can anyone remember the age of the man in the Trafalgar Square photo? JMO

OR, could it be that people who worked at the Maths Genius workshops have been looked into more thoroughly? JMO
From memory I’d have said he looked early-mid 50s.

After reading through the thread,I personally believe the theory that Andrew was lured to London but I know people have been stumped by the lack of access to the Internet.
I think we are all overlooking the obvious in that he took the evidence with him. The psp had Internet capability which means he could've accessed MySpace,msn or yahoo messenger,habbo hotel,club penguin etc. Maybe he wasn't playing a game on the train?

After reading through the thread,I personally believe the theory that Andrew was lured to London but I know people have been stumped by the lack of access to the Internet.
I think we are all overlooking the obvious in that he took the evidence with him. The psp had Internet capability which means he could've accessed MySpace,msn or yahoo messenger,habbo hotel,club penguin etc. Maybe he wasn't playing a game on the train?

I stand to be corrected but wasn't it established the psp hadn't been used for this sort of activity?

Live Andrew Gosden disappearance updates as kidnap and human trafficking arrests made - YorkshireLive (examinerlive.co.uk)
'''I've no idea how they came to these guys'

Andrew's father said that he hadn't been provided with much more information than has been provided to the public today and didn't want to comment on the investigation or speculate too much into what was happening.

He said: "My wife and I were discussing it last night and we just genuinely don't know what's involved with the investigation or behind the scenes. I've no idea how they came to these guys.

"The police are giving us the basics of what's going on but I certainly would not want to make any presumptions of what's at the bottom of it.''

I stand to be corrected but wasn't it established the psp hadn't been used for this sort of activity?

I'm not sure?. I haven't read anything about it and have only seen information relating to phones and computers but that doesn't mean that they didn't discount the psp and I just havent come across it yet. I wonder how they could though if he took it with him?

Live Andrew Gosden disappearance updates as kidnap and human trafficking arrests made - YorkshireLive (examinerlive.co.uk)

Andrew's father said that he hadn't been provided with much more information than has been provided to the public today and didn't want to comment on the investigation or speculate too much into what was happening.

He said: "My wife and I were discussing it last night and we just genuinely don't know what's involved with the investigation or behind the scenes. I've no idea how they came to these guys.

"The police are giving us the basics of what's going on but I certainly would not want to make any presumptions of what's at the bottom of it.''
I saw that interview and the poor man looks haunted. He always comes across well: intelligent, thoughtful and considered. The Police will be keen to get this right and not prejudice the investigation in any way. The family will have liaison officers working with them and Kevin has spoken positively about them in the past but it must be so, so difficult for the Gosdens.

I'm not sure?. I haven't read anything about it and have only seen information relating to phones and computers but that doesn't mean that they didn't discount the psp and I just havent come across it yet. I wonder how they could though if he took it with him?

I think it was because he never activated an online account through it. Never had a games machine myself so I'm not really clear how it all works. I know I've read they discounted it though.

There are a couple of ways Andrew could have been groomed in person and outside of notice. Andrew walked home several times, deviating from normal. While I do understand Doncaster is not London...I lived in a small Texas town about an hour by car from Dallas. I was targeted by something similar to Epstein in that small town and attempted to be groomed. It's not that hard...buy a kid a drink, listen to their problems and next thing you know, they offer you clothes, trips to the mall, up to and even a place and help to get away from things. All normal teenage angst stuff can be taken advantage of. Even just an interest in the same thing can be used against you when they decide you fit the bill of sale.

It could have been a meeting somewhere local; Andrew may have just been in the wrong place at the right time and kids finding themselves are easy targets. In church, watching the school or like mine, I was a target because they had been targeting a kid I knew (not friends with, I simply knew her) and I was easier access. We're all bulletproof at that age and don't think about the dark side of humanity.

But I absolutely believe this was done in person specifically to leave no paper trail as it were.

Nothing Kevin or his family should think they are at fault for. These types are good at grooming. I was lucky, a lot of kids aren't.

Sadly there is still the chance that once he was too old for certain tastes he would still be a commodity, just a different kind of commodity. No-one wants to think it but if he was broken enough to be controlled then would just put him out to work as a prostitute,it's not just the girls that get pimped out :(.
Maybe he did escape the life they put him in years later,it's a big leap but it's possible Andrew himself is the one who came forward with information. The police wouldn't be able to tell his parents anything if he told them not to.

BBM: You make a very valid point - in my opinion.

So stressful for them. I hope they get some answers eventually.

Edited by me. Accidentally posted a repeat of earlier post

how hard would that have been years ago though? Getting Internet/WiFi while out and about I mean. I remember our rubbish dial up at home. I was born 10 years after Andrew in uk.

There are a couple of ways Andrew could have been groomed in person and outside of notice. Andrew walked home several times, deviating from normal. While I do understand Doncaster is not London...I lived in a small Texas town about an hour by car from Dallas. I was targeted by something similar to Epstein in that small town and attempted to be groomed. It's not that hard...buy a kid a drink, listen to their problems and next thing you know, they offer you clothes, trips to the mall, up to and even a place and help to get away from things. All normal teenage angst stuff can be taken advantage of. Even just an interest in the same thing can be used against you when they decide you fit the bill of sale.

It could have been a meeting somewhere local; Andrew may have just been in the wrong place at the right time and kids finding themselves are easy targets. In church, watching the school or like mine, I was a target because they had been targeting a kid I knew (not friends with, I simply knew her) and I was easier access. We're all bulletproof at that age and don't think about the dark side of humanity.

But I absolutely believe this was done in person specifically to leave no paper trail as it were.

Nothing Kevin or his family should think they are at fault for. These types are good at grooming. I was lucky, a lot of kids aren't.

It’s funny you should mention this because I had a similar experience around 2007 as a 16-year-old girl in south London. I was approached one evening by an Asian man in a car who was very charming and later took me shopping and offered to buy me whatever I wanted. I decided I didn’t fancy him and broke things off before anything actually happened. It was only several years later that I realised he fitted the profile of a groomer and I might have had a lucky escape. My mobile phone would have showed nothing as everything was organised in person.

My personal theory is that he could have had a secret phone that was given to him, perhaps in person, by a groomer. Very hard to identify or track. It’s not like these days where you have to connect Apple and emails etc (or equivalent) before you can do much.

Last edited:
I saw that interview and the poor man looks haunted. He always comes across well: intelligent, thoughtful and considered. The Police will be keen to get this right and not prejudice the investigation in any way. The family will have liaison officers working with them and Kevin has spoken positively about them in the past but it must be so, so difficult for the Gosdens.

I agree with you and I am so sorry for the unimaginable worry, pain, heartbreak and significant distress Andrew’s parents and family have experienced and continue to suffer since he disappeared. It must be absolutely horrendous for them to hear about the arrests and what the charges are for. Andrew and his loved ones are in my thoughts and prayers.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
N2URIQ
Back