UK UK- Annalise Johnstone, 22, Traveller, found w. throat slit @ the Maggie Wall’s Witches Monument, Dunning, Perthshire, 10 May 2018, *New initiative*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dotr

Reaction score
by Brendan Duggan July 9 2024, Snippets from lengthy article.
''More than five years have passed since the body of 22-year-old Annalise Johnstone was found near the Maggie Wall’s Witches Monument in Dunning, Perthshire.
The discovery on May 10, 2018, triggered a major police investigation, with Annalise’s brother and his then partner acquitted of murder at a trial a year later.
Nobody has been convicted of killing the young Traveller, who has family in Kirkcaldy.''
5cde8071cabef3.83996746.jpg

Annalise Johnstone.
murder-trial-e1557993958753.jpg

L-R: Angela Newlands, Jordan Johnstone and Annalise Johnstone.
''CCTV from a private address shows the Ford Galaxy arriving at Maggie’s Wall monument.
At the trial it was agreed Annalise – whose mum died of a heroin overdose in 2006 – was killed during this time period.''
5cda82c9ca4fb1.02717669.jpg

Annalise Johnstone was 22 when she was murdered.
''Mr Johnstone told the court he found his sister lying face down in front of the memorial cairn, taking off his T-shirt to try and stop the flow of blood before she died in his arms.
He later told a tabloid newspaper: “I was telling her I loved her and begging my mammy to look after her. My mum passed away. I was begging my mum ‘Please just look after her.’”
The memorial to Maggie Wall near Dunning.

The memorial to Maggie Wall, said to have been a witch, near Dunning.
Annalise was killed at Maggie Wall’s Monument, near Perth. Picture shows locator graphic of area where Annalise was killed.

Annalise was killed at Maggie Wall’s Monument, near Perth
''Annalise’s body is discovered at the drystone wall near the witch monument – next to the B8062 – by retired Nairn couple Elaine and Stephen Bailey.
Her throat was cut from ear to ear and she bled to death within minutes.''

Seems obvious what occurred here imo. But why? Wonder if there is significance in it happening near the monument

'A jury found 25-year-old Jordan (Johnstone) not proven of Annalise’s killing, and he was also cleared by judicial direction of attempting to defeat the ends of justice.'

In Scotland, a jury has the option of returning a 'not proven' verdict as well as 'guilty' or 'not guilty'; regarded by many as an anomaly it is often taken to mean that the evidence was insufficient to cross the boundary into 'beyond reasonable doubt' but still coming very close to doing so.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MG89
Back