UK - Anthony Parsons, 63, charity cyclist, found deceased, Argyll, Scotland, 29 Sept 2017 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So Fir Park cottage is the building that was searched by police forensics. It is let out to the estate manager. The estate is powered by a biomass heating system

"A 120kW Veto biomass boiler was installed at Auch Estate in 2010. It heats the Lodge together with four cottages. The boiler is situated within the farm buildings and includes an adjoining two bays of circa 100 tonne wood chip storage".

This is what I'm wondering. It almost sounds to me like the police would have had to have direct information or knowledge from someone as to what had taken place. Did one of them tell someone when under the influence I wonder?

I believe I've found the two gentlemen in question who have been arrested.

Yep, I have found both as well on Facebook.

Yep, I have found both as well on Facebook.
It's crazy how easy this is. Facebook is such a breach of privacy; people are surely not consenting to what they think they are when they use it.

Obviously it would be unfair to name them until the police choose to, so please don't (not that you made any suggestion that you would - just a reminder for us all).

It's crazy how easy this is. Facebook is such a breach of privacy; people are surely not consenting to what they think they are when they use it.

Obviously it would be unfair to name them until the police choose to, so please don't (not that you made any suggestion that you would - just a reminder for us all).

Yep, social media is an OSINT gold mine.

Just catching up on the thread, he's a link to today's story from the P&J rather than the S*n.
I remember the story about the tax subsidy drama when Auch estate was sold a few years ago, is that the criminal activity that was mentioned by @Taskforce88 and @Weeobanite ?

EDIT: Ah, found it. Poisoning raptors and foxes with carbofuran and possession of two handguns.

Yea, I was referring to both the tax/land stuff and the poisoning.

The news about the handguns and the fact that it is a shooting estate explains the local reports that armed police were involved in the arrests.

A member of the local farming community said: “There is a mobile police unit at the road end of Auch Estate where it joins the main road.

“Then about half a mile down the estate road there is a yard with a big house and a smaller house. Another mobile police unit is set up in the yard and there are a few forensic 4×4 police vehicles parked up near the estate vehicles.

“A big white police incident tent has been set up between the estate house and the smaller house. Portable toilets have been put up and one of the local police officers said they would be there for a while.”

A member of staff at Bridge of Orchy Hotel, who asked not to be named, said: “I was here when the man went missing three years ago. We knew he was last here and he cycled towards Tyndrum before he disappeared. That’s all we know.

“The police were searching at the time all around the area from here to Tyndrum, all along the roadside.

“Then a few days ago we saw a lot of police around again. They were definitely doing something but they didn’t stop cars again this time or look along the roadside, as they had already done that in the last few years.

“There were about seven police vehicles at the Auch Estate, we pass it when we go to the shop at Tyndrum and there has been a lot of police activity there.

“It was a former colleague of mine who served Mr Parsons a coffee before he set out that night. He was advised to stay and that the road could be dangerous, but he said he was going to Tyndrum.”

Missing Tony Parsons: Police incident site set up at Highland farm yard

Nice to finally get a proper quote from someone at the hotel on the night of the disappearance. Offering a coffee and suggesting he doesn't attempt to continue is just about as much as you'd hope for from someone concerned about your wellbeing.

Another article today from the Press and Journal, not much new:

Missing Tony Parsons: Police officers remain stationed at Highland estate

Police officers remained stationed at the entrance to the Highland estate connected with a missing cyclist.

A major police incident site has been set up at the farm yard of Auch Estate near Bridge of Orchy.

The Press and Journal understands that searches of the grounds are taking place as officers investigate the disappearance of Tony Parsons, now 66, who went missing three years ago.

The discussion on this case here has been fascinating, analysing Tony’s possible route using local knowledge and site visits.

I’m surprised that WebSleuth members have not applied themselves to the Suzanne Pilley case - that’s one that I can’t get out of my head, and potentially in the same geographical area. International Skeptics had a good look at it but without local input I feel:
[Split Thread] David Gilroy: murder conviction goes to Scottish Review Commission - Page 16 - International Skeptics Forum

The discussion on this case here has been fascinating, analysing Tony’s possible route using local knowledge and site visits.

I’m surprised that WebSleuth members have not applied themselves to the Suzanne Pilley case - that’s one that I can’t get out of my head, and potentially in the same geographical area. International Skeptics had a good look at it but without local input I feel:
[Split Thread] David Gilroy: murder conviction goes to Scottish Review Commission - Page 16 - International Skeptics Forum

I believe that there was a post on this case? I remember posting on it. Can't seem to find it now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteCamo
Back