Found Safe UK - Antonino Coppola, 23, from Richmond, Surrey, missing from Bow, East London, 16 Sep 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If Antonino's phone is switched off it could have run out of battery especially if worried family and friends have been constantly calling and messaging (I'm not criticising, I'd be doing the same thing). Police should still be able to find its last known location or the rough area at least

Police should have been able to track last ping. A dead phone is always an ominous sign.

I still come back to what was making him ill: had he eaten or taken something earlier that he was starting to have a bad reaction to? Must have been bad to curtail their journey if their intended destination was only a few stops away.

I still come back to what was making him ill: had he eaten or taken something earlier that he was starting to have a bad reaction to? Must have been bad to curtail their journey if their intended destination was only a few stops away.
Last night his mother said she really doesn’t know what could have made him unwell and it sounds like they’re quite close. CCTV also showed him in some discomfort leaving the station apparently. Did they have a leaving party in Richmond the night before and was he suffering from a bad hangover maybe? Just a thought … But whether it was appendicitis, a hangover, asthma or else, it seems that he was genuinely unwell when he got off the train. Finding his backpack or any of his belongings somewhere would be really worrying. Otherwise he quite possibly hasn’t parted with them. JMOO

Last edited:
Police should have been able to track last ping. A dead phone is always an ominous sign.

The information so far is they don't know if he had his phone on him at that time but that it is turned off. (Now that could be that it just ran out of battery).
Last night his mother said she really doesn’t know what could have made him unwell and it sounds like they’re quite close. CCTV also showed him in some discomfort leaving the station apparently. Did they have a leaving party in Richmond the night before and was he suffering from a bad hangover maybe? Just a thought … But whether it was appendicitis, a hangover, asthma or else, it seems that he was genuinely unwell when he got off the train. Finding his backpack or any of his belongings somewhere would be really worrying. Otherwise he quite possibly hasn’t parted with them. JMOO

Good point! I really feel for his mum and all his family and friends. Especially so far from home. JMO MOO

i really don't know! :( how can somebody just disappear in the middle of the day. :(
My other theory is all those small businesses in the arches of the railway - if one had a door ajar and he went inside and the door has closed behind him. There are some that have a single steel doorway. No idea if you'd hear anyone shouting or banging on the door or not. Some have bigger doors that fill the archway.

I posted something a few days ago about a review of the Petrol station on the same road as the train station (to the right) that had an old review (not this year) of a gang of youths on bikes (bicycles I assumed) harrassing all the customers to buy them petrol. Not sure what for though. Again, this was an old review and not from this year.

Antonino went missing a week ago, last Thursday at 13:00 hours. He is only 23 years old. What are the Police doing in collecting local CCTV from homes and businesses in the area? We know from previous missing cases that Police don't always have resources or time to go around asking for CCTV from private places (homes and businesses). If it was my family I would have a group of people leafleting the homes with CCTV asking them to look at their CCTV last Thursday lunchtime. I've mentioned some homes with CCTV in my other posts. JMO MOO

Antonino went missing a week ago, last Thursday at 13:00 hours. He is only 23 years old. What are the Police doing in collecting local CCTV from homes and businesses in the area? We know from previous missing cases that Police don't always have resources or time to go around asking for CCTV from private places (homes and businesses). If it was my family I would have a group of people leafleting the homes with CCTV asking them to look at their CCTV last Thursday lunchtime. I've mentioned some homes with CCTV in my other posts. JMO MOO
There must be doorbell CCTV somewhere as at least that would give a clue as too where Antonio headed. All we know if which way he turned after the station but he could have gone back on himself or anything. If he fell into the river I think the nearest water is Limehouse cut. One particular side of this location looks pretty hazardous.

Attachments

• upload_2021-9-23_19-4-25.png
    upload_2021-9-23_19-4-25.png
    326.3 KB · Views: 27
There must be doorbell CCTV somewhere as at least that would give a clue as too where Antonio headed. All we know if which way he turned after the station but he could have gone back on himself or anything. If he fell into the river I think the nearest water is Limehouse cut. One particular side of this location looks pretty hazardous.
Here are details of the walk along Limehouse cut. The walk is about 2.5 kilometres in length to the Lea Navigation at Bow Locks and 3 kilometres in length to Three Mills https://www.imvisitinglondon.com/limehousecut.html

Quote "As you walk towards the next bridge (Bow Common Lane Bridge) you can see that the area on your right, where the ropewalk was, is now taken up with old warehouses."

Last edited:
Hello Everyone,

I just joined the group as I ended up here cause following this specific event. (I'm an Italian living in London so he appeared in quite few facebook posts). I just want to share some thought I had after reading the thread. I feel that if he was really feeling unwell and he turned right he would have probably go the first smaller road he could find, and that looks like Mornington Grove.

<snipped by me for focus>

NB that Mornington Grove goes down the side of the magistrates' court I mentioned earlier, which is a huge public building that would have been open on Thursday lunchtime. He could not have turned down Mornington Grove without noticing it. I think if he got that far at all, the court building would have presented itself as a sensible option - it is certainly where I would go if I found myself in need of a toilet/help/first aid etc, rather than going down a side street in an area I didn't know. I really urge anyone with any authority in Antonino's case (family/representatives in London) to call in on that building ASAP to ask about CCTV and show his photo around to staff.

<snipped by me for focus>

NB that Mornington Grove goes down the side of the magistrates' court I mentioned earlier, which is a huge public building that would have been open on Thursday lunchtime. He could not have turned down Mornington Grove without noticing it. I think if he got that far at all, the court building would have presented itself as a sensible option - it is certainly where I would go if I found myself in need of a toilet/help/first aid etc, rather than going down a side street in an area I didn't know.

I don't think that is obvious at all. And I am not sure a guy like that would think of it as a first option.

Plus, you can't just walk into these places in present times without showing you have a valid reason - ie you are attending a court session - to be there. Some bloke just meandering up with a backpack saying he needed a toilet would not be allowed in and would also be considered a possible security threat never mind a Covid one.

If someone has recognised him by approaching, would imagine that would have been flagged up by now.

Not a
Was he wearing a mask? He should have been, according to Mr Khan!

Have police not released the last CCTV image? Might help to show exactly what he was wearing.
Not a good thing to be wearing if he collapsed then vomitted as could have choked on his own sick.

These cases are always so strange. He got off at a busy train station, went to find a bathroom and disappeared. Grown man just disappears in the middle of the day doing something completely normal. I'm assuming they check alleys and the like? Maybe the bathroom was crowded and he walks to a more secluded area to get sick and finds a bad guy instead?

Unfortunately, we do hear of many that are just that scenario, and that someone seems to vanish into thin air. I don't know the percentages, but many are often suffering from some mental distress.

I think there may be a lot yet to come out on this case.

Not a

Not a good thing to be wearing if he collapsed then vomitted as could have choked on his own sick.

Most of us just haul them off as soon as we can! But it just struck me as hadn't seen mentioned if he was wearing one - that would obviously be apparent on the last station exit image, unless a back view. Might hamper recognition if most of his face was covered.

Unfortunately, we do hear of many that are just that scenario, and that someone seems to vanish into thin air. I don't know the percentages, but many are often suffering from some mental distress.

I think there may be a lot yet to come out on this case.
There was a similar case on "The missing" podcast where a guy leaves a station in France and just disappeared into thin air. The sister of man, 41, who disappeared on trip to Paris in 2013 makes fresh appeal | Daily Mail Online
Also the historical case of Andrew Godsden springs to mind who was last seen leaving King's Cross train station and was never seen again.
It seems that CCTV even at busy stations cannot always be relied upon. In both cases there was only one ever CCTV sighting of the missing people leaving a station concourse.

Last edited:
I don't think that is obvious at all. And I am not sure a guy like that would think of it as a first option.

Plus, you can't just walk into these places in present times without showing you have a valid reason - ie you are attending a court session - to be there. Some bloke just meandering up with a backpack saying he needed a toilet would not be allowed in and would also be considered a possible security threat never mind a Covid one.

If someone has recognised him by approaching, would imagine that would have been flagged up by now.

I thank you for pointing out Cemetery Park to me (before we knew he exited turning right from the station). I'm sure he turned ri
If Antonino left his phone and wallet, that would mean some intent not to come back. If you are in a situation like that when you have you have a friend at the station & you have to go for a medical emergency you would take your wallet not least it will hold your ticket to get back to the train. I genuinely do believe Antonino has taken a few days off, just before the house move. We know he is likely moving to a worse area and settle on a lesser paying job. Maybe he wants to reflect on things. I would be looking at homeless shelters and food banks around London too.

Good point. Though he'd be leaving ALL his belongings behind. Do you have any links to homeless shelters and food banks for his family and friends to look at?

I thank you for pointing out Cemetery Park to me (before we knew he exited turning right from the station). I'm sure he turned ri

Good point. Though he'd be leaving ALL his belongings behind. Do you have any links to homeless shelters and food banks for his family and friends to look at?

I do believe that he left with intent not to come back to the train station for whatever reason. I also think he is not using a known network to get by, i think he is keeping a low profile, so he must be using the soup kitchens, food banks, homeless places to get by. So why not put up a couple of dozen missing posters in these type of places? I know there are loads in London but you can limit it from a radius of Bow. I also like the idea of a £1000 reward for his safe return. Some homeless person could earn some money for information. I would personally contribute to a fund like this. The find Dan Venes has just put up. £1000 for Dan returned safe. I think its a great idea.

Was Antonino moving in with just 1 other person or were there others as well?
We don't know.
I do believe that he left with intent not to come back to the train station for whatever reason. I also think he is not using a known network to get by, i think he is keeping a low profile, so he must be using the soup kitchens, food banks, homeless places to get by. So why not put up a couple of dozen missing posters in these type of places? I know there are loads in London but you can limit it from a radius of Bow. I also like the idea of a £1000 reward for his safe return. Some homeless person could earn some money for information. I would personally contribute to a fund like this. The find Dan Venes has just put up. £1000 for Dan returned safe. I think its a great idea.

This is of course possible, but first of all, local private CCTV from local homes and local businesses need to be checked. We know from previous experience of people going missing (ie they have not found the person dead or alive) the Police don't have the resources or time to go from house to house, building to company, locally, asking to see their private CCTV. This will need to be done by family and friends IMO JMO. Start by leafleting and asking them to check their CCTV from 13:00 onwards on the day he went misssing. Before this crucial information is wiped. On the main road and on all the side roads and including all the way down to the end of Tidworth Road where I've previously highlighted the side access to the Cemetary park - as homes there have CCTV visible when you look on google maps. JMO MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fruit
Back