Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #2 *M. Bridger guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they need to have a body to actually charge him? Is that what they are waiting for?

It's very probable that they are hoping to find a body before the 96 hours runs out. Doesn't necessarily mean they won't charge him if 96 hours runs out and no body has been recovered though.

Martin Brunt reporting that the police are looking at a small stretch of the river now a couple of miles away.

Is that where the footbridge crosses the River Dyfi? I don't think its been mentioned that the trackbed of a disused narrow-guage railway runs from right outside the cottage that MB rented down to this bridge. Most of it is below the level of the road, from which it cannot be seen.

I'm afraid that if the body April was thrown into the Dyfi from that bridge, it could easily have been swept out to sea as the river is running in full flood after the weeks of heavy rain we have been having.

Perhaps MB was walking along the river the next day to ensure that she had disappeared from sight?

Do they need to have a body to actually charge him? Is that what they are waiting for?

I don't think they need a body but I do think they are waiting until the time is up in case they find the body today.

Not necessary Danielle JOnes was never found. They still managed a conviction of Stuart Campbell and he was imprisoned for life

People have been charged and convicted with no body before

The case against Keith Prout a few years ago, was built entirely on circumstantial evidence.

Yep, just looked it up & you can be charged/convicted without a body. Thanks.

They slapped the same exact charge on to Chris Jefferies when the only evidence they had - I believe - was a pair of muddy boots.

We have to hope they have something on this guy, but all remains to be seen sadly.

I was about to post the same until I noticed you and a few others had done so. Whatever evidence they do have, is clearly not enough to charge him with. And still appealing for information on his movements from Monday night to Tuesday afternoon, even more shades of Chris Jeffries.

I'm surprised at Martin Brunt making an issue of the no comment from police regarding finding Aprils' clothes in MB's house. When have police ever gave a yes and no commentary in a potential murder investigation in this country. I was seriously sick of some Sky reporters long before this tragic case, but Burleys' behaviour over the past four days has taken 'reporting' to a new low.

I don't think they need a body but I do think they are waiting until the time is up in case they find the body today.

Agreed - and I think they'll apply for another extension if no body is found today

I'm surprised at Martin Brunt making an issue of the no comment from police regarding finding Aprils' clothes in MB's house. When have police ever gave a yes and no commentary in a potential murder investigation in this country. I was seriously sick of some Sky reporters long before this tragic case, but Burleys' behaviour over the past four days has taken 'reporting' to a new low.

Completely agree.

I just caught a bit of the news on Sky - where is that area of land the large numbers of LE are cutting back and digging up? Behind his garden? I heard them speak about lifting the paving slabs while they showed it.

They are being a bit gung ho about it - trampling all over as they clear it.

Is that where the footbridge crosses the River Dyfi? I don't think its been mentioned that the trackbed of a disused narrow-guage railway runs from right outside the cottage that MB rented down to this bridge. Most of it is below the level of the road, from which it cannot be seen.

I'm afraid that if the body April was thrown into the Dyfi from that bridge, it could easily have been swept out to sea as the river is running in full flood after the weeks of heavy rain we have been having.

Perhaps MB was walking along the river the next day to ensure that she had disappeared from sight?

Sorry, I dont know, he didnt say.

ETA The boat has arrived and is will be starting at the Dyfi Bridge up quarter mile to a footbridge and going east, then back, and west, concentrating in the centre of the river (that is from memory of what sky just said)

They have brought in the man who dealt with the * body in the bag * case in London recently ( sorry cant remember the names )

Martin Brunt is saying that he believes this man - he is calling him an expert ? -, should be able to tell the search team which areas of the river to zone in on, based on his knowledge

They have brought in the man who dealt with the * body in the bag * case in London recently ( sorry cant remember the names )

Martin Brunt is saying that he believes this man - he is calling him an expert ? -, should be able to tell the search team which areas of the river to zone in on, based on his knowledge

Gareth Williams I believe. Dont know guys name as I missed the interview, but sounds like a florensics guy.

does anyone know if a paypal has been set up to donate to aprils fund? i know there is a postal address but i cant get to the post office

Sky reporting that the sonar boat to search from Dyfi road bridge eastward upstream for about a quarter of a mile to the footbridge and then back downstream and out to the estuary

Veggie, Sky are saying they will start at the footbridge and work their way back towards the Dyfi bridge

the sonar boat will cover the middle, deepest section of the river, the other boats will search ( probably re search) the edges

Kay Burly is really getting on my nerves, come on Sky give the grey haired older man time on screen. She has no tact at all.

Sky reporting that the sonar boat to search from Dyfi road bridge eastward upstream for about a quarter of a mile to the footbridge and then back downstream and out to the estuary

Thanks, that's the footbridge I mentioned earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal