Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #3 *M. Bridger guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought witness said she knew MB and waved.
*confused*
Think I need to re-read everything.

I thought that was his former next door neighbour who saw him just before he was arrested. :waitasec:

Maybe I need to re-read everything too.

was the man actually seen dumping anything into the river?
No, sorry, not fact but I assumed it was dumped as LE didn't recover it, or state that person was not significant to the investigation, assuming the person was not MB.

I thought witness said she knew MB and waved.
*confused*
Think I need to re-read everything.

It was the former neighbours who tooted and waved but he didnt see them. The woman who saw the man with the bag just said she knew him but MBs name was not mentioned.

ETA ok re your post 662 but no one said he dumped anything, just carrying what was said to be a bag.

ETA2 it was reported though that the police were searching the area where the woman said she saw man with bag, this was a few days in, so Im thinking she did not tell them straight away or that it took time for the police to work through all the info they were getting

No, sorry, not fact but I assumed it was dumped as LE didn't recover it, or state that person was not significant to the investigation, assuming the person was not MB.

Ah but we can't assume can we? There is no reason for LE to state whether they recovered it or not, and if they did recover it they wouldn't say whether it was or wasn't significant.

This question I ask to all of you who are critical of LE and think they have acted hastily in charging MB:

If no other evidence has come to light to implicate anyone else, at least that we are aware, what suggestions might you give to LE regarding how they should proceed with their investigation?

I agree they had little choice but to arrest, especially after he had been named by witnesses.
The only thing that haunts me about this is the worry that he had her somewhere secure and was going to go back to her.... I'm am hoping and assuming the LE would have considered that before his arrest. The area is perfect for hiding. The other thought that he passed her onto someone else is a kinder thought, as at least she would be alive.
I do agree that the LE were under enormous pressure but they had to present their evidence to the CPS also and I really can't see that such a strong statement would have been made by them at the conference had they any real doubt. MOO of course.

I agree they had little choice but to arrest, especially after he had been named by witnesses.
The only thing that haunts me about this is the worry that he had her somewhere secure and was going to go back to her.... I'm am hoping and assuming the LE would have considered that before his arrest. The area is perfect for hiding. The other thought that he passed her onto someone else is a kinder thought, as at least she would be alive.
I do agree that the LE were under enormous pressure but they had to present their evidence to the CPS also and I really can't see that such a strong statement would have been made by them at the conference had they any real doubt. MOO of course.
which witnesses named him?

Originally Posted by bijoux
If no other evidence has come to light to implicate anyone else, at least that we are aware, what suggestions might you give to LE regarding how they should proceed with their investigation?

We have no idea what evidence has come to light, whether it implicates MB or anyone else. However, having appeared to put so many resources into capturing MB - searching the river, various properties and areas associated with him, it may be that any other leads are not being followed up as quickly as they otherwise might have done, if at all, if the LE are convinced that they have their man - which may be right, or it may be wrong.

BBM as I didn't know how to 'quote' it. :(

You take lovely photos.

Thanks, but it's the only shot I know of with a west-looking view of the valley and estuary. I really must go back sometime soon and take some wider shots.

Here's a view from the mouth of the river looking east:

http:/janetbaxterphotography.co.uk/img/s3/v8/p98766088-3.jpg

Aberdyfi is on the left, and Ynyslas National Nature Reserve on the right. This photo shows what it's like when the tide is in. When the tide is out, it's possible to walk on the north side of the river pretty much all the way from Aberdyfi to Dyfi Junction. On the south side of the river in this shot, beyond Ynyslas, are salt marshes where sheep and lambs graze and where vast numbers of birds feed and nest. Just a short distance beyond that is the huge RSPB reserve at Ynys Hir (home of BBC's Springwatch since a couple of years), and just on the east side of Dyfi Junction is Montgomeryshire Wildlife Trust's Cors Dyfi reserve.

You can probably appreciate why coastguards used a hovercraft to search this area. There are a great number of rivulets and drainage ditches in this area, and are exceptionally difficult to navigate on foot. Think Morecambe Bay and you won't be far wrong.

Not a particularly wide shot of the Dyfi estuary (I don't have it on this computer), but this shot of mine shows the terrain around the lower Dyfi valley, and the mudflats that lead out to Cardigan Bay and the Irish Sea beyond:

www.flickr.com/photos/welsh_snapper/6878125547/

Lovely pic Cendlaetholwr, It's a few years since i've been back but are the sand banks Ynys-las or is that further along? Such a beautiful area:great:

Sorry Clutchbag, that is hearsay really, written on a family members facebook wall and i'm not 100% if it was also on one of the interviews on sky, maybe I should delete that.

Sorry Clutchbag, that is hearsay really, written on a family members facebook wall and i'm not 100% if it was also on one of the interviews on sky, maybe I should delete that.

No interviews with people on sky IIRC
But even if there were I would take what SKY reporters say with a huge pinch of salt after their abysmal antics in this case

As for facebook, well, sometimes hearsay turns out to be correct, who knows, but most of the time it is just that and false

Ive read alot about what people who knew this man have said and not one criticism which could point to a crime like this. His own brother called him a fantasist according to the Sun saying he boasted about being iniraq and afghanistan but a fantasist, womaniser, jack of all trades does not make a child murderer

from all accounts in the main he comes across as a normal guy who loved his kids and never did anything wrong, perhaps he also had a substance abuse problem, many have, failed relationships can get people depressed to be gobsmacked if he was guilty, even his own son said he had never done anything to anyone

Lovely pic Cendlaetholwr, It's a few years since i've been back but are the sand banks Ynys-las or is that further along? Such a beautiful area:great:

Ynyslas is right by the sea - they're sand dunes directly opposite Aberdyfi. There's a great view of them on the lower right in this photo:

http://janetbaxterphotography.co.uk/img/s3/v8/p98766088-3.jpg

There's a huge contrast in type of terrain within about a mile of each other. The flat salt marshes quickly give way to steep forested areas with deep gullies.

Something else that struck me is that LE said that it was unusual to have tyre tracks in a certain place they found them. Not necessarily so. Many is the time that I've seen anglers' or farmers' 4x4s about the place. A blue Disco pretty much anywhere in the valley wouldn't be at all unusual. The mudflats excepted, as it would be up to its windows in mud!

No interviews with people on sky IIRC
But even if there were I would take what SKY reporters say with a huge pinch of salt after their abysmal antics in this case

As for facebook, well, sometimes hearsay turns out to be correct, who knows, but most of the time it is just that and false

I agree but I do remember seeing the interview with Mr &Mrs Edwards stating that they saw MB as they had also noted he looked flustered. Can't remember which report at mo sorry.

According to the media Mr & Mrs Jones told the police he might be a person of interest. It's not a direct quote though.

Mr Jones, 43, and his wife, 40, reported April missing immediately, and it emerged last night that they had told police who they suspected the driver of the car was.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...ses-on-areas-highlighted-by-arrested-man.html

If true, what's not clear is whether they suggested MB because of some prior behaviour or merely because they knew he had a left hand drive vehicle.

I agree but I do remember seeing the interview with Mr &Mrs Edwards stating that they saw MB as they had also noted he looked flustered. Can't remember which report at mo sorry.

When Mr & Mrs Edwards saw MB near to the cycle bridge (Millenium Bridge?) he was flustered because a cyclist had just knocked him on the way past.

I can't find the VT interview with Mr & Mrs Edwards but it may have been removed which wouldn't be a surprise if they are going to be called as possible witnesses.

e:

they actually said he seemed normal and was smiling even after being clipped by a cyclist

A man to be smiling after having murdered someone must be a psycho and that doesnt come across from all Ive seen and read

Remember a bunch of people swore murat was at the mccanns residence on the night madeleine went missing, never proven and denied by murat and his mother, and all the locals and police who knew him said theynever saw him there but three friends of the mccanns insisted he was, hmmmm

When Mr & Mrs Edwards saw MB near to the cycle bridge (Millenium Bridge?) he was flustered because a cyclist had just knocked him on the way past.

I can't find the VT interview with Mr & Mrs Edwards but it may have been removed which wouldn't be a surprise if they are going to be called as possible witnesses.

yes, thats probably why after three days searching cant find it! And I normally find anything I want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scomo