Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #7 *M. Bridger guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
were there not fingerprints found in the car, but not a good enough set to produce a match?

___
Mr Kelly then referred to some of the points of evidence that Bridger disputes. He questioned why, if Bridger had abducted April, did he have confidence that police would not find April's fingerprints in his car. "How did he know there wouldn't be fingerprints? It just might be that he had the confidence because she was unconscious. There is no other way that you could have that staggering (level of) confidence."
___

or... the defendant could have been so sure there would be a lack of fingerprints if aj had been knockout unconscious by him very soon AFTER entering his car.

or... october, 7pm... was she wearing gloves?

I think if she had been wearing gloves, it would have been mentioned in connection with the lack of identifiable fingerprints.

If he'd told her to hide, he might have told her to put her hands in her pockets or to fold her arms, to make herself smaller or as part of a game. That would minimise the areas touched, and he could have wiped over anything he knew she'd touched.

I think if she had been wearing gloves, it would have been mentioned in connection with the lack of identifiable fingerprints.

If he'd told her to hide, he might have told her to put her hands in her pockets or to fold her arms, to make herself smaller or as part of a game. That would minimise the areas touched, and he could have wiped over anything he knew she'd touched.

Wiping fingerprints does not always clean them completely. The oily residue often stays behind when you wipe over it with a dry cloth.

Wiping fingerprints does not always clean them completely. The oily residue often stays behind when you wipe over it with a dry cloth.

Incomplete prints were found, they just couldn't be identified as April's.

Looking at today's headlines, they only quote the prosecution. Newspapers seem to have made up their mind.

Incomplete prints were found, they just couldn't be identified as April's.

maybe because they were not april's. focusing on the defence statement...

----
"How did he know there wouldn't be fingerprints? It just might be that he had the confidence because she was unconscious. There is no other way that you could have that staggering (level of) confidence."
----

'staggering confidence'. it sounds like mb was very sure there would be no fingerprints found in the car. you wouldn't get this level of confidence just by wiping the windows and seats.

which led me to possible alternative reasons why aj would not have left prints in the car.

were there not fingerprints found in the car, but not a good enough set to produce a match?

___
Mr Kelly then referred to some of the points of evidence that Bridger disputes. He questioned why, if Bridger had abducted April, did he have confidence that police would not find April's fingerprints in his car. "How did he know there wouldn't be fingerprints? It just might be that he had the confidence because she was unconscious. There is no other way that you could have that staggering (level of) confidence."
___

or... the defendant could have been so sure there would be a lack of fingerprints if aj had been knockout unconscious by him very soon AFTER entering his car.

or... october, 7pm... was she wearing gloves?

Couple of thoughts here.

I think the defence barrister had a point about being confident no prints would be found if she was unconscious/dead

Would MB have knocked her unconscious if she entered the car voluntarily, with her friend around who might have cycled up to the car and seen this?

In general, if she was unconscious after an accident you might expect at least hairs to be deposited, but perhaps she was lain on some blanket or clothing which was removed later. There would be no fingerprints. If she got lifted in alive, likewise youd expect hairs to be found, but not necessarily fingerprints, if she stayed still and touched nothing

As regards no blood in the car, if there was an accident, if she was bleeding, perhaps a combination of being lain on some item that didnt leave evidence and wearing a thick padded jacket and trousers. Perhaps also there was no blood at the time but after being moved into his house it started?

perhaps he lifted her onto his lap and that is why his sweater had so much blood on it?

Going back to the witness, I find it really hard to believe that she didn't see or hear anything if April really had been hit and crushed by the Land Rover.

Going back to the witness, I find it really hard to believe that she didn't see or hear anything if April really had been hit and crushed by the Land Rover.

Yes, that fact plus no evidence under the car pointing to an accident leads me to believe they will find him guilty.

depends how quickly it happened and where the friend was cycling at the time, and dont forget it was dusk and cloudy wet weather, then agan, it is totally opposite to what the friend testified

Re no evidence on underside of car, its possible it got washed away whilst driving around that night? Through rain and mud? Just thnking out loud.

of course it could be an elaborate lie but his past lies had to do with him as a person and his life and relationships, none of his convictions were about sexual assault let alone with children, Id hate to be on that jury, from where Im sitting neither pros or defence has the upper hand but I do believe Kelly has created a reasonable doubt and the experts on bone fragments couldnt categorically state anything

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/april-jones-missing-mark-bridger-2020096

any idea what that is on the passenger seat back? a seatback cover? maybe the seat base also had a cover.

no longer anything on the seat back here...

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/live-updates-april-jones-trial-3860257

You mean the yellowish thing? Could be his high visibility jacket.

http://i3.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/article1359384.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Mark+Bridger

Amazing how this guy only remembers things that can get him off the hook and cannot remember the stuff that would get him convicted. Hmmm, I wonder how much has come back to him in discussion with his lawyer over the past few months.

Given that he was not under police custody until the afternoon of the 2nd October, he would have the benefit of knowing that the earliest reports coming out of Bryn-y-Gog via social and local media, (but not directly from the family, so second/third hand info), were specifically saying that the child was seen being "put into a van". Not difficult to come up with a cover story given that snippet. The LE has alluded to the idea of a tangle of info coming from such a close knit community, with the truth being hard to ascertain. Some people put themselves forward as family spokespeople without family consent causing much squabbling on social media and in gossip I gleaned from local circles. Some info was apparently incorrect.

I suspect that she was wearing gloves. If he remembered removing/disposing of her gloves he could say with certainty that there would be no fingerprints.

Jmo

Amazing how this guy only remembers things that can get him off the hook and cannot remember the stuff that would get him convicted. Hmmm, I wonder how much has come back to him in discussion with his lawyer over the past few months.

Jmo

Good point. My thoughts are he says he does not remember where he put the body because this would get him convicted of perverting the course of justice and that alone can carry a long term. Why he didnt just come clean from the beginning was stupid, even if his story of the accident was true. I too dont buy the amnesia over most of the time, Which makes me wonder if he did destroy her body, but its something I dont want to believe

Poor little girl and her family robbed

Very early on there was a full description of April's clothes she wore on the day of the abduction circulated in the media. There wasn't any mentioning of gloves, and her mother sure would have known if she was wearing them.
It would have been mentioned for sure, because a glove is very easy to lose and it would have been an important piece of info for the searchers, IMO...

imo, looks less high visibility or yellow... and more something camo like this [top row, similar to the centre two]...

http://www.pinkcaraccessoriesshop.c...3594a9c230972d/c/a/camo_car_seat_covers_2.jpg

I was referring to the item at the back of the land rover, anyway that camouflage item, on front seat, wasnt that his top or trousers he was wearing? Perhaps he had more than one set, as he was wearing similar gear after dropping his car off that morning as caught on the helicopter footage

The thing that makes me doubt that MB is lying is that as a person with at least average intelligence he surely could have come up with a better story. He's not stupid, as seen when he was on the witness stand, he knows how to argue his case. I believe someone who tried to cover his tracks to avoid jail time would have avoided these bizarre explanations, knowing full well that people would have a hard time believing them. That's why I'm leaning towards believing him.

I have wondered if he's simply so brain-addled that he doesn't know what he did.

If he does get a light sentence or God forbid gets acquitted he's in for a rough ride - there's a "Hang Mark Bridger" facebook page with more than 2000 Likes ... I don't approve of such pages or actions but it shows the sentiment among the public.

If he gets a light sentence, I imagine he'll have to be given a new identity upon release, like Maxine Carr or the Bulger killers. Mind you, that won't stop mobs trying to lynch anyone they think might be him (as has happened in those cases).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabrinalyyn