Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #7 *M. Bridger guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@stevenmorris20: Judge now retires to consider his sentence. He has the option of handing down a full life term.

I really hope he does!

I have had a special interest in this case as I visit Dolgellau regularly which is about 10 miles north of Ceinws and have seen the search helicopters flying overhead. Very sad indeed.

Justice has been done.

This man will never see daylight again and the only good thing to have happened is that at least no further children will suffer at his hands.

R.I.P April and God Bless to all those who loved you.

Nick Martin @NickMartinSKYJudge:

'the court has listened to compelling evidence of your guilt. There is no doubt in my mind that you are a pedophile.' #apriljones

Sky News UK reporting that the Judge condemned him to a whole life sentence for the murder and abduction of little April and perverting the course of justice.

We can now only hope that he will "remember" where he left little April and tell her poor family so they can finally lay her to rest...

Nick Martin @NickMartinSKYBreaking news:

Mark Bridger will spend the rest of his life in prison after being handed a 'whole life order'.

One of the unusual things about this case (compared with the likes of Huntley, Hazell et al) is that all we've seen of Bridger is a few still photographs and that one distant video clip of him walking with the dog. We've never heard him speak or had the opportunity of studying his body language.

So it's very telling that the jury had no doubts at all of his guilt. The BBC reporter has been describing the reactions of the jury and others in court to Bridger's evidence - looking at each other open-mouthed with incredulity, their expressions showing total disbelief.

Just saw it on facebook. I didn't think they would arrive at a verdict so fast. Wow, life sentence.

One of the unusual things about this case (compared with the likes of Huntley, Hazell et al) is that all we've seen of Bridger is a few still photographs and that one distant video clip of him walking with the dog. We've never heard him speak or had the opportunity of studying his body language.

So it's very telling that the jury had no doubts at all of his guilt. The BBC reporter has been describing the reactions of the jury and others in court to Bridger's evidence - looking at each other open-mouthed with incredulity, their expressions showing total disbelief.

I haven't seen that - would love to read it.
Do you have a link, please?

Thats exactly what I was wondering.
And the fact that the evidence presented was not solid!
But I dont know if he can still do that, as now it was reported that he admitted to a priest putting Aprils body into the river...

What?? A priest? Where does this come from? Who is the priest and why is he not in custody?

What did I miss?

What?? A priest? Where does this come from? Who is the priest and why is he not in custody?

What did I miss?

Noo. Mark confessed to a priest that he dumped April in the river. The priest didn't have anything to do with it!

Noo. Mark confessed to a priest that he dumped April in the river. The priest didn't have anything to do with it!

Oh my! Thanks for clarifying that!

MB confessed to putting her into the river and then went on in the trial to pretend he doesn't know what happened to her? What a !! That's just evil.

He deserves the sentence he's been given.

How does anyone know what he told a priest?

I am still left confused. I do not doubt that he is guilty, the blood and mess in his house, but cannot believe they can convict without more evidence. Ho Hum.

April Jones: Bridger 'Confessed' To Priest

Mark Bridger made a confession to a Catholic priest while on remand in Strangeways prison, it can be reported for the first time.

Bridger apparently confided in the prison chaplain, telling him he may have disposed of April Jones' body in a river.

Details of his cell-room confession emerged during legal argument in the trial but it was never heard by the jury.

The priest later told police about the admission, which was not made in a confessional.

Bridger's defence team admitted that he was "shocked" when he learned that the priest had spoken to police.

The prosecution decided not to include the confession as part of its case.

The River Dyfi, which runs through the edge of Machynlleth, was searched a number of times by police and no trace of April was ever found.

Police later played down the "confession", saying it was yet another of Bridger's stories.

http://www.964eagle.co.uk/news/uk-news/984026/april-jones-mark-bridger-confessed-to-priest/

Why did prosecution not include the confession in their case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse