Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #7 *M. Bridger guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps he did so with permission, not knowing they were paedophiles, or people who would murder?

That's why I specified "knowingly". Either way I think it's unlikely, though.

Perhaps he had permission to take April, but got drunk and fell asleep. April wandered off?

I doubt he had "permission" as such, but possibly felt entitled to do so for one of the reasons suggested by veggiefan. As for the rest, that could very well turn out to be his case.

Anyone know of any examples where DNA/clothing was not involved in the case as evidence? I'm guessing that the crucial evidence was found in MB's car or at his home. Was just wondering if it's possible that DNA/clothes wasn't found.... maybe something else. Would LE have told him what evidence they found? They held him so long before they charged him.

Anyone know of any examples where DNA/clothing was not involved in the case as evidence? I'm guessing that the crucial evidence was found in MB's car or at his home. Was just wondering if it's possible that DNA/clothes wasn't found.... maybe something else. Would LE have told him what evidence they found? They held him so long before they charged him.

He was arrested on oct 2 and charged oct 6, here is a timeline

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-19826174

And yes there are many cases with no dna/ forensics as evidence but with strong circumstantial evidence. One of the top of my head is the Kate Prout murder case.

I think his car was seized the same day as his arrest but his house wasnt searched till 2 days later, which is odd.

Would LE have told him what evidence they found?

Not necessarily. But the prosecution have a duty to disclose to MB's defence team not only the evidence they will rely upon, but also anything that they consider undermines their own case. Failure to do this can result in the case collapsing, so it is a duty that is taken seriously.

As Clutchbag says, some cases have been successfully prosecuted on the basis of strong circumstantial evidence, but it can be difficult to persuade a jury "beyond reasonable doubt" that a murder has been committed in the absence of a body or very compelling evidence.

As Clutchbag says, some cases have been successfully prosecuted on the basis of strong circumstantial evidence, but it can be difficult to persuade a jury "beyond reasonable doubt" that a murder has been committed in the absence of a body or very compelling evidence.

Thats with the exception of casey anthony!

Not necessarily. But the prosecution have a duty to disclose to MB's defence team not only the evidence they will rely upon, but also anything that they consider undermines their own case. Failure to do this can result in the case collapsing, so it is a duty that is taken seriously.

Which suggests they have strong evidence for the defence to say he will concede he probably killed her?

:fence:
Very true. They usually harbour the desire for years before acting upon it and they always leave a trail.

can u give me an example for a 47 yr old who has done this to his half family?
After years

Amongst all the confusion I feel about this case, I can't help wondering what and exactly how much evidence has actually been found - This I find worrying, is there enough to substantiate a conviction?

Amongst all the confusion I feel about this case, I can't help wondering what and exactly how much evidence has actually been found - This I find worrying, is there enough to substantiate a conviction?

Not necessarily for murder, but it seems he's likely to plead guilty to manslaughter in some degree anyway.

:fence:

can u give me an example for a 47 yr old who has done this to his half family?
After years
What has family, or half family got to do with harbouring murderous desires over a period of many years? Look at serial killers and killers in general. They didn't just wake up one day and kill. The desire was always there.

What has family, or half family got to do with harbouring murderous desires over a period of many years? Look at serial killers and killers in general. They didn't just wake up one day and kill. The desire was always there.

So you havent got an example?

He is going to trial on Feb 25, which means that the Judge is satisfied prima facie there is enough evidence for a jury to convict, and that the defence haven't challenged evidence at committal.:twocents:

ETA: The other point is that this thread is starting to go around in circles. If April went with him willingly and he had taken her for outings in the past, that is implied consent by the parents. Two of his children are step cousins to her. Their mother's daughter with her new partner was April's best friend. So he could plead not guilty to abduction.
Not guilty to murder and concealment are consistent with rumoured 'amnesia'. He concedes he is 'probably responsible' for her death. That doesn't mean he set out consciously take her life or harm her** - or he might have and 'can't remember'.
I don't think there are strangers involved, or paedophile rings, if anyone else is. JMO

**Intent, the mental element of the offence -'mens rea

Of course they can plead "not guilty", but we are trying to figure out what may feasibly have happened here.

Perhaps this post by veggiefan will be helpful in giving some context. He suggests some reasons why a NG plea to the abduction charge might be believable.

veggie questioned whether PJ and CJ were married at time of April's birth. She was born in 2007, ?June.
They were married in March 2012. There were photos on their FB and in MSM and one was officially released recently when they released more photos of little one to the public.

by WalesOnline -Jan 15 2013-
The images are the first publicly-released photos showing April, her parents, and her brother and sister all together.

One happy photograph shows Coral and April's dad Paul, 43, with April and the couple's other children J, 17, and H, 10.

Another snap shows April's family smiling for the camera at Coral and Paul's wedding in March last year.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...ased-by-heartbroken-mum-coral-91466-32603308/

april-jones-centre-with-mum-coral-dad-paul-sister-jazmin-and-brother-harley-24452887.jpg

Are you kidding me! There are hundreds of examples out there of men who kill their family and close friends in their 30's and 40's.

no, I am not kidding, its not a laughing matter, I simply asked you for evidence that a family member or friend of the family with no priors, sexually abused and or murdered a young child when in their forties, dont worry about it though, it was just a query because by all accounts we have heard of Mr Bridger he was an ok guy

We will all hear the evidence ina month or so, poor baby :(

Heartbroken mum reveals she knows April Jones won't come home alive

The heartbroken mother of missing April Jones yesterday revealed for the first time that she has accepted her daughter is dead.

In an emotional message to well-wishers Coral Jones said she has now conceded she will never see five-year-old April alive again.

[snip]

"The trial will start at the end of February and we are grateful for your continued support – it means a lot to us..”

More: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/missing-april-jones-mum-coral-1565440

Now the couple have asked wellwishers across the globe to release pink balloons on April 4 to mark the little girl’s sixth birthday.

The couple will release balloons from their home Bryn-Y-Gog estate between 6.30pm and 7pm and have urged people across the world to join them.

April’s cousin Mel Moon, who is in Australia, said on Facebook: “On April 4 it will be my little cousin April’s 6th birthday. Between 6.30pm and 7pm we would like people to get together and let off balloons for April wherever in the world they may be.

“Coral, Paul and family will be letting balloons off on Bryn-Y-Gog green if people wish to join them. They would like it if people could tie a note to say where they are from and their names to see how far they go.”
http://www.shropshirestar.com/news/2013/02/18/parents-plea-to-release-pink-balloons-for-april-jones/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214