GUILTY UK - Arthur Labinjo Hughes, 6, killed, dad & friend arrested, June 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't think Mary Prior is going to convince anyone that Tustins not guilty but she is doing a good job in making sure TH is found guilty imo. Why was Arthur worried about his Dad killing him way before Tustin came on the scene? I strongly suspect that this "brilliant" Dad is a sham, an act. I strongly suspect that all along privately when no one was looking he was always a bully. He's no better than she is. They are both twisted and cruel beyond belief

'He was dehumanised, he was ignored, isolated and the fabric of that boy's life was destroyed by his father'
Ms Prior says:

He was repeatedly assaulted, weakened by being forced to stand 12 to 14 hours a day, being deprived of treats, sugar, deliberately thirsted at Mr Hughes' request, Mr Hughes' request.

He was dehumanised, he was ignored, isolated and the fabric of that little boy's life was destroyed by his father."

Ms Prior raises the fact the first thing Hughes said when Arthur was in hospital was 'it's all my fault, it's all my fault'.

"Why? Because it was all his fault," she adds.

The final act that caused Arthur's death may not have been an act that Thomas Hughes did. But it was all his fault and he knew it was all his fault.

Why did he say it if it wasn't? Because the reality of the situation is if anything Thomas Hughes has said to you is or might be true, the first thing might have been 'it was an accident, it might have been a terrible accident' or 'he has done it himself'. But no, he said 'it's all my fault'."

Hughes accused of 'rewriting history' to portray Tustin as 'awful, vile, cold'
Ms Prior says:

When arrested and interviewed he showed considerable courage, you might think, acknowledging what he had done to the little boy. His son. Describing in detail the violence, the cruelty, the neglect.

Now he has an out. The out is that while he stayed out for an hour-and-a-half doing five-minute jobs, Arthur died under the care of Emma Tustin and so we are rewriting history.

Rejig everything and we begin working with the prosecution in a methodology which works on the basis Emma Tustin is awful. She is awful, vile, cold, manipulative and cruel.

Then added to by Thomas Hughes and everything is her fault. I was a lovely man, he had a lovely life, Athur was happy, happy, happy and then in comes her. Her

'Almost all you have heard about this man's background and life can only be lies'
Ms Prior asks 'who is Thomas Hughes?' and says:

Our case to you is almost all you have heard about this man's background and life can only be lies. His family and he says he hates confrontation, can't express feelings at all.

He's coerced. He's vulnerable. He was withdrawn after the conclusion of the relationship with lovely Olivia, who was lovely, Arthur was happy with Olivia. Everything was lovely and things changed when that woman came in."

She argues Arthur's mother Olivia Labinjo-Halcrow exposed Arthur to violence and domestic abuse in her relationship with Gary Cunningham.

Ms Prior repeats it is 'rewriting history' to say everything was happy before Tustin came along and adds: "Otherwise some of what she says might be true and we can't have that."

He can't get a more serious conviction than ET
Thanks for correcting me, I got a bit muddled up :), so if TH is guilty of murder so is ET. But they could find TH not guilty and ET guilty.
I dont think this will happen, but is manslaughter on the table? Is it possible they could find TH guilty of manslaughter and ET guilty of murder?
Or is it just guilty or not guilty to murder for both of them?

The final act that caused Arthur's death may not have been an act that Thomas Hughes did. But it was all his fault and he knew it was all his fault.

Now he has an out. The out is that while he stayed out for an hour-and-a-half doing five-minute jobs, Arthur died under the care of Emma Tustin ...

Yup, keep going Ms Prior. but it's not exactly an out for TH - he'll go down with her.

Thanks for correcting me, I got a bit muddled up :), so if TH is guilty of murder so is ET. But they could find TH not guilty and ET guilty.
I dont think this will happen, but is manslaughter on the table? Is it possible they could find TH guilty of manslaughter and ET guilty of murder?
Or is it just guilty or not guilty to murder for both of them?
If ET is guilty of murder, he can only be found not guilty or guilty of murder, not manslaughter.
If ET is guilty of manslaughter, he can only be found not guilty or guilty of manslaughter, not murder.

Emma Tustin had involvement from social services due to domestic violence and abuse. She described pressure pointing on the back of her neck during the course of the relationship with Shane Hawkins.

"She learned techniques to cope but she wasn't in any position to deal with a child like this without the background being explained to her, and advice being explained to her. It is easy to judge isn't it?"

What does this mean, that SH pressure pointed her? Surely the fact she knew about pressure pointing would lead you to believe she was the brains behind it with Arthur

Hughes broke up his own family, not Tustin, the jury hears
Ms Prior says Arthur was Hughes' 'punch bag'.

Turning to the 'thinking step' she tells the jury that social services and paediatricians did not conclude it was 'cruel' despite Joanne Hughes, a teacher, thinking it was.

Ms Prior argues Hughes was the one who broke up his own family, not Tustin.

She turns to the allegation Tustin had grabbed Arthur's cheeks and shoved him up the wall in April and states that would not have caused the bruises to his back, which were evident on the picture taken by Joanne Hughes.

Ms Prior says:

Emma Tustin had involvement from social services due to domestic violence and abuse. She described pressure pointing on the back of her neck during the course of the relationship with Shane Hawkins.

"She learned techniques to cope but she wasn't in any position to deal with a child like this without the background being explained to her, and advice being explained to her. It is easy to judge isn't it?"

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheTodd
Back