UK - Arthur Labinjo Hughes, 6, killed, dad & friend arrested, June 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lancslass

Reaction score

What a horrible horrible read. I have to say well done to the reporter there though; that is one of the most detailed live updates pages I've seen, they're really making sure poor Arthur's voice is heard, so all credit for fantastic reporting.

Utterly depressing that any human can act like the"father" and his girlfriend though, sheesh. I can't really find forum-acceptable words for my feelings after reading that. :mad:

It's just awful, isn't it, and so depressing that human beings can (allegedly) behave like this. It's also incomprehensible except if you view their (alleged) actions as a power trip. They didn't even need to have custody of this poor child if they didn't want to. From everything I've read, he wanted to stay with his grandparents and they wanted to keep him. I can only think it made them feel powerful to (allegedly) treat him like a little punchbag, all the while complaining about the inconvenience of doing so. I am normally more measured in how I speak about (alleged) perpetrators, but I can't wait for this trial to end so that I can see these (alleged) monsters get everything that's coming to them.

JMO

this is so awful. Emma Tustin sounds like a nasty piece of work. Appartently everything was normal until she came into the picture. Imagine a child trying to comprehend your dad showing you love and care and then suddenly hes beating and abusing you. Poor boy must have been so confused.
Also why record the boy crying and sending pictures of him literally in pain dying? She must have been getting some sick thrills. How vile

I was a little surprised that social services weren't keeping an eye on this poor child, considering that his mum is in prison for manslaughter. I thought children of prisoners would be flagged up for extra support, but maybe not. It's also possible that he fell through the cracks due to lockdown. Surely, if school had been in session, someone would have noticed either absences or signs of maltreatment.

when you search Emma Tustin on facebook there are some missing persons reports from 3 years ago... sounds chaotic already and must have issues, I wonder were drugs an issue in the household. Sounds like Hughes was into drugs if the ex-gf is a murderer and then this subsequently happens

I wonder in the audio clips were these things Tustin was making Arthur say? Doesn't really sound like stuff a child might come out with... I could be wrong.

Article on mom's manslaughter charge Olivia Labinjo-Halcrow jailed for 11 years for stabbing partner to death

Found some stuff about Tustin on another board, don't think I can repeat here but easy to google it. Sounds like a well known loose cannon.... Hughes sure knows how to pick them...

sorry for several posts, but this article is a good demonstration about how they both felt Arthur was causing a divide in their relationship and they felt he was the sole reason for arguments between them. Tustin gives him an ultimatum, it's either Arthur or her, Hughes says it can't be either (not sure why he says this, they didn't have to look after the child). Sounds like Tustin was also pregnant with his baby, was this why he was so desperate to keep her around and keep her happy?
Murder-accused called Arthur 'devil child' during texts to boyfriend, court told

"In the week before Arthur collapsed Tustin allegedly rowed with Hughes over Arthur, saying: "There's one issue in this house. One person causing s***."

While in texts on June 11 she also made reference to Hughes hitting Arthur as well as kicking a hole in the door, jurors heard.

In one message read to the court Tustin said: "Take your precious child who can't do wrong and *advertiser censored** off."

The jury was also given a virtual tour of the house at Cranmore Road as the prosecution began playing CCTV from inside the property during the days immediately before Arthur's death."

Murder-accused called Arthur 'devil child' during texts to boyfriend, court told

Stepmum 'ate McDonald's while boy, 6, stood for 14 HOURS in hall before murder'

"One clip showed Tustin in her dressing gown carrying bags of McDonald's takeaway into the living room on June 12.

While she tucked in, Arthur had already been in the hallway for more than three hours and was "screaming" he had not eaten his lunch.

Coventry Crown Court was told around nine hours later, the youngster was still in the hallway when Tustin was seen on CCTV lying under a blanket on the sofa.

She text Hughes an audio clip of Arthur crying and said she was "p****d off" at having to pause Coronation Street on the TV.

Tustin added: "Far from impressed. Just want a cosy night on my setee in my duvet that's all."

more to read at link

I wonder in the audio clips were these things Tustin was making Arthur say? Doesn't really sound like stuff a child might come out with... I could be wrong.

Unfortunately I think they do sound like things a child might say in extreme distress. The report of him calling out to a dog just about finished me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper