UK - Arthur Labinjo Hughes, 6, killed, dad & friend arrested, June 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This case is so horrific that I can’t even read all the details. I’ve read some things in my time on WS but the text messages between those 2 monsters and testimony that has been reported on is absolutely sickening. This is probably one of the worst cases of child abuse and torture I’ve ever read about in this country.

I could not sit on a jury listening to this, I wouldn’t trust myself to be in the same room as these two evil beings. They deserve to never see the light of day again, and even that punishment would be too light IMO.

Arthur suffered unimaginable cruelty, torture, neglect, abuse and bullying. Just the thought of what he went through makes me feel physically ill.

This case is so horrific that I can’t even read all the details. I’ve read some things in my time on WS but the text messages between those 2 monsters and testimony that has been reported on is absolutely sickening. This is probably one of the worst cases of child abuse and torture I’ve ever read about in this country.

I could not sit on a jury listening to this, I wouldn’t trust myself to be in the same room as these two evil beings. They deserve to never see the light of day again, and even that punishment would be too light IMO.

Arthur suffered unimaginable cruelty, torture, neglect, abuse and bullying. Just the thought of what he went through makes me feel physically ill.
I quite agree. I can't even find the words.

How dare they plead not guilty. His own father is still not thinking of little Arthur before thinking of himself.

I’m the same. I’m only reading it on here, not reading the articles etc anymore because it is too heart-wrenching. I bored my friend to tears this afternoon getting it all off my chest. Poor wee Arthur :(

What stage are we at in the trial? Has the prosecution finished yet? I feel I can do without following every detail but I'd like to watch out for the verdict and sentencing.
I could not sit on a jury listening to this,
<rsbm>

I feel the same. For some strange reason I've never been called for jury service, ever, and always wanted to do it, but this would most definitely not be the case I'd want to find in front of me.

What stage are we at in the trial? Has the prosecution finished yet? I feel I can do without following every detail but I'd like to watch out for the verdict and sentencing..
They’ve been slowly painting the picture of abuse so far. Today was building up to the day he died. Tomorrow should be the evidence from that day. It will be interesting to hear about their behaviour in the hospital.

Emma Tustin, 32, allegedly "assaulted" six-year-old Arthur Labinjo-Hughes causing an "unsurvivable brain injury".

Just minutes later she texted the "balloon lady" about her birthday balloons before taking a picture of stricken Arthur lying in a hallway, it is said.

She then messaged Arthur's dad Thomas Hughes, saying: "Just copped me in the stomach he has thrown himself all over the floor won't get up for s*** I've shut the door on him."

Coventry Crown Court was shown CCTV of her carrying the "limp" youngster into the living room minutes after inflicting the alleged fatal blow on June 16 last year.

[...]

Arthur appears to be unconscious. His eyes are closed, body is limp."

The footage shows Tustin dragging Arthur back into the hallway before she appears to change her mind and places him on the sofa.

Stepmum 'battered boy, 6, took pic of lifeless body then organised her birthday'

Reading about this case is difficult. I don't understand why people who spoke to him and had to give him water can stand up and give evidence in court but didn't call the police when they saw and heard the abuse. Arthur was failed by so many people
I don’t believe it was legal to have visitors to your home at that time. Also hairdressers only opened back up in July so home hairdressing absolutely wouldn’t have been allowed. The hairdresser may have been desperate for the money so couldn’t afford to kick a horrible client out of her house - perhaps she’d call a friend out but not a client. Lockdown was a weird time so the couple’s reactions may have been very different than in normal times. Also even if they had called the police or social services he would have been dead by the time they arrived. Their evidence was absolutely brilliant for the prosecution. They said they would act differently if they could turn the clock back. I felt quite sorry for the couple. The treatment of this poor child was unimaginable.

"Tustin walked into the kitchen and called Hughes after she tried propping the youngster up but his eyes were closed and he fell to the side.

Tustin then appears to be tending to Arthur on the sofa, before Hughes arrives at 2.37pm and begins chest compressions.

Mr Hankin said Tustin made a call to 999 at 2.42pm. [...]

Tustin then says: "Big bang he's knocked himself out. He is breathing. He's barely breathing."

She later adds: "Got big lumps on his head where he's banged himself."

Mr Hankin tells the court during the 999 call, a neighbour came into the living room and took over compressions on Arthur."

Jury played 999 call from girlfriend accused of death of Arthur

Do you think Tustin admitted to Hughes what she’d done to Arthur which caused his death or do you think she told yet more lies that Arthur had done this to himself. If it is the latter and in seeing the CCTV which must highlight to Hughes that Tustin lied/exaggerated about Arthur’s so say repeated bad behaviour, I wonder if he is feeling any guilt over how he failed this poor young boy. I just haven’t stopped thinking of Arthur.

I don’t think she told him the truth and my guess is that he views his relationship with her in a different way now than he did at the time. It appears there were a lot of lies and exaggeration from her. There is no excuse for his neglect and abuse of Arthur but it seems he was a caring dad before he met her. The texts between them were mostly her complaining about Arthur and him reacting to her complaints, probably in an attempt to please her. She was relentless with the texts, messaging him within minutes of him leaving the house. She set out to create a divide between them, manipulating him to hate Arthur as much as she did. He chose her over Arthur.

I did read somewhere that she had kids of her own that were removed from her care. I also read she had changed her name from Dutton to Tustin so why that was?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supersnooper001