GUILTY UK - Baby Boy, 2 weeks old, raped, NI, 29 Sept 2019 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The man was arrested in the seaside village of Annalong area of Co Down on September 29 after the 12-day-old infant was sexually assaulted so badly it is in intensive care.

The attack, last weekend at the Bann house area of the Northern Irish prison, is only thought to have lasted “a few seconds” but was enough to cause serious injuries to the individual.

A source said: “It was a few digs, just for a few seconds. Then there was some panic and staff moved in to sort it out.”
Man accused of raping two-week-old baby ATTACKED by prison inmates

Too bad the jailers didn't all take an hour lunch break.

Why is it somehow refreshing and even more satisfying that these heroes are prison inmates. Maybe because its a reminder that most people have some good in them.

Co Down baby rape case hears calls for outstanding medical reports to be brought forward

Graphic content warning: This court report contains details which some people may find disturbing

Outstanding medical reports, including from a paediatric pathologist, have been ordered in the investigation of a man accused of raping and causing brain injuries to a two-week-old baby.

A forensic report is also outstanding on a ‘nappy’ which is currently with the PSNI unit for DNA testing.

Other expert evidence is due from radiology, neurological and ophthalmic consultants.

Court hears more details of alleged rape of baby in Co Down

Graphic content warning: This court report contains details which some people may find disturbing

Newry Magistrates heard on Wednesday that a “voluminous” investigation was being carried out on the 26-year-old, from Annalong, Co Down, who cannot be named in order to protect the identity of his alleged victim.

The accused had previously claimed he may have unintentionally hit the child's head off a wall while "tired and frustrated".

Prosecution has, however, argued the injuries inflicted, including broken ribs and thigh bones, were so severe that they could not have been accidental.

Four medical expert reports are now due to be completed by the end of this month.

The man faces charges of grievous bodily harm with intent and sexual assault of a child by penetration on September 29, 2018.

Police were alerted after the baby was brought to Daisy Hill Hospital in Newry with unexplained injuries.

The child had sustained a brain haemorrhage, a number of broken bones, traumatic bruising and was bleeding when admitted.

Medical professionals believe the fractures may have been due to the use of significant force, such as through the tugging or twisting of limbs, the court heard.

A consultant paediatrician provided an opinion that the baby had been sexually assaulted including penetration.

The accused has given no explanation for the bruising, and categorically denies any sexual assault.

The deputy director of public prosecutions has ordered more details to be brought forward towards time-tabling the case on May 8.

Family are standing by man accused of raping a 12-day-old baby in house in Northern Ireland | Daily Mail Online

Cant copy text but family offered to put up his bond and are "standing by" him. Luckily bond was denied
Standing by him?! I wouldn't care if the evil rapist was family of mine, I would NOT stand by him ever ag
Why is it somehow refreshing and even more satisfying that these heroes are prison inmates. Maybe because its a reminder that most people have some good in them.
I know, right?! Big fan of prisoner justice in this case!

Baby 'rape' case hears details of expert witness delays

Significant delays of expert witnesses in the case of an Annalong man accused of raping and causing brain injuries to a two-week-old baby have been heard at Newry Magistrates today.

Outstanding medical expert evidence is due from pathology, radiology, neurological and ophthalmic consultants.
DNA testing is also due on a nappy worn by the injured baby.

The 26-year-old male defendant, who cannot be named in order to protect the identity of his alleged victim, appeared before Newry Magistrates via video link.

He has been held on remand in custody since his arrest about eight months ago.

Court hears details of expert witness delays in alleged rape of baby

District Judge Eamonn King alluded to the waiting time on expert witnesses to be confirmed as a credible delay.

“You cannot just conjure up expert witnesses out of thin air in the matter,” said Judge King.

“The witnesses need to be confirmed and that they have been instructed. There will then be progress afterwards,” he added.

The accused had previously claimed he may have unintentionally hit the child's head off a wall while "tired and frustrated".

Prosecution has however, argued the injuries inflicted, including broken ribs and thigh bones, were so severe that they could not have been accidental.

Four medical expert reports are now due to be completed but will not be provided to the courts for a suggested period of six months.

The defendant faces charges of grievous bodily harm with intent and sexual assault of a child by penetration on September 29, 2018.

Police were alerted after the baby was brought to Daisy Hill Hospital in Newry with unexplained injuries.

The child had sustained a brain haemorrhage, a number of broken bones, traumatic bruising and was bleeding when admitted.

Medical professionals believe the fractures may have been due to the use of significant force, such as through the tugging or twisting of limbs, the court heard.

A consultant paediatrician provided an opinion earlier in the case that the baby had been sexually assaulted including penetration.

The accused denies any sexual assault.

Mr King adjourned the court for four weeks to confirm the expert witnesses.

The defendant faces charges of grievous bodily harm with intent and sexual assault of a child by penetration on September 29, 2018.

A consultant paediatrician provided an opinion earlier in the case that the baby had been sexually assaulted including penetration.

The accused denies any sexual assault.

Mr King adjourned the court for four weeks to confirm the expert witnesses.

Came to look for updates here as not finding anything online.

Can't find anything more recent and it's well passed 4 weeks.

Nothing has been said from the Mother :/ , but if they can't identify the rapist due to the baby possibly being identified, then they aren't going to identify the Mother.
The rapist has been identified, I was sent his name, age, address and a photograph of him with the baby via Facebook. There has been no further update on the case or how the baby is doing. I remember the day this all came out, people think things like this don't happen in NI, but they're so very wrong. :( Life-changing injuries for the baby.

I’ve been around these traps for a while and since having my own kids, even before, I was reluctant to click on horrific cases including children.

I can’t fathom (thankfully) the thought processes that take place with the bunch of organs that commit these atrocities...

God speed to the baby. Barely even born, so tragic that his life has been irrevocably ruined before it’s even begun.

Hug your babes tight people :-(

I feel sure the very best doctors, surgeons, and plastic surgeons are doing some amazing things. If they can work some miracles, her young, young body should respond positively, I am hoping. And she should have no memory of this horror put upon her.

Last edited by a moderator:
The rapist has been identified, I was sent his name, age, address and a photograph of him with the baby via Facebook. There has been no further update on the case or how the baby is doing. I remember the day this all came out, people think things like this don't happen in NI, but they're so very wrong. :( Life-changing injuries for the baby.
Yes, this is a very, very tough one to follow. Inhuman, and no respect for a special gift, as all infants are. There is not a punishment that would be too much, IMO.
Glad you've joined us, and

Welcome to Websleuths,
themissingandthelost !!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member