UK UK - Bath, Human foot found in park, Feb'16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What on...? Wonder if it's linked to the other foot found this year? In Wales, I think?

What on...? Wonder if it's linked to the other foot found this year? In Wales, I think?
If you mean this one: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...und-on-Tan-Y-Foel-Beach-Apr-16-Richard-Thomas
It was identified as Richard Thomas who went missing on Christmas day 2013.

I know that the police believed that the first one was just a teaching specimen, but that means someone has seriously messed up in disposing of it, or If it was a student prank, then I think someone would have come forward by now. But the finding of a second one makes me think of something more sinister

The police have said that they are linking the two due to the physical similarities - do they mean the fact that they are 2 left feet or that they have both been preserved I wonder?

Also, I wonder how thoroughly the area was searched previously, as this second one was found at the bottom of a garden only a few 100 yards from the first. I hope that any further police searches are more extensive and that all of the gardens backing onto this park are checked as well.

Three human feet found in Bath 'were probably medical exhibits​

Friday 11 November 2016 at 5:48pm
Three human feet discovered within a few hundred yards of each other were most likely from a medical exhibit or private collection, police have revealed.

Officers today said they have closed their investigation into the body parts dug up over the last nine months in Bath, Somerset.

A spokesman this evening told ITV News that the feet had been too tampered with to establish DNA.

"We have carried out an extensive investigation into all three feet and have exhausted all active lines of enquiry," said acting Detective Inspector Paul Catton.

"We are satisfied that no crime has been committed and that the feet are more than likely an exhibit from a medical or educational establishment or from a private collection which has been disturbed by animals.
Crime investigators descended on the southern corner of Weston Park East when a dog-walker unearthed the single left foot in February.

The second grisly discovery, of another left foot, was made in a Cranwells Park garden in July, and a right foot in an adjacent garden in August.

Forensic tests were carried out and they were examined by a Home Office pathologist and a forensics anthropologist.

An Avon and Somerset Constabulary spokesman said preservatives coated on the feet meant there was no telling how long they were in the ground for.

"Whatever was used to preserve the feet made it impossible to identify DNA," he said.

In August, DI Catton said he "strongly" believed the feet were from an old private collection and that someone once used them as a "teaching aid".

www.itv.com/news/2016-11-11/three-severed-human-feet-medical-experiment-private-collection-bath-somerset

Were they preserved (formaline)? Otherwise it would be hard to keep them fresh looking.
Who collects FEET? I mean, even for teaching it is odd. And why did nobody step forward (pun intended) in this case? A doctor or university would easily figure out if theyre missing. Ok maybe someone had them in formaline and passed away and the heirs threw all specimen in the trash and raccoons or foxes dug them up and upon finding them inedible due to the formaline, dumped them

It is still all really bizarre.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist
Back