Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just been looking through the timeline and find this completely weird!

Sep 10, Thurs – 4th Article in Peterborough Matters - "Peterborough teenager Bernadette Walker is now considered to be high risk after she was confirmed as missing almost eight weeks ago on July 18. Her mum Sarah Walker shared the news on social media, she wrote: "Please keep sharing. The police have now put Bernadette Walker as a high risk missing person due to the amount of time she has been missing. "Bernadette if you can see this, please let us know that you are safe. You can set up a new Facebook or Instagram darling and message us, that way you can let us know that you're safe without giving away your location."

Was this the next part of the plan but they were arrested before she could do this?

I've just been looking through the timeline and find this completely weird!

Sep 10, Thurs – 4th Article in Peterborough Matters - "Peterborough teenager Bernadette Walker is now considered to be high risk after she was confirmed as missing almost eight weeks ago on July 18. Her mum Sarah Walker shared the news on social media, she wrote: "Please keep sharing. The police have now put Bernadette Walker as a high risk missing person due to the amount of time she has been missing. "Bernadette if you can see this, please let us know that you are safe. You can set up a new Facebook or Instagram darling and message us, that way you can let us know that you're safe without giving away your location."

Was this the next part of the plan but they were arrested before she could do this?
And why would BW need new Facebook and Instagram accounts? Because SaW had already hacked them and changed the passwords, which the Police probably knew by then. Any activity on those accounts could only be SaW.

And why would BW need new Facebook and Instagram accounts? Because SaW had already hacked them and changed the passwords, which the Police probably knew by then. Any activity on those accounts could only be SaW.

It just seems a strange thing to say. Why would it cross her mind to recommend it?
If she hadn't been caught yet for the first set of messages from MOO it feels like she may have been planning to set some up to prolonge police thinking she was alive. I could be wrong, but it doesn't sit right with me.

Thanks for that. It's a great help. Well done.

First use of the map and I notice that my area of particular interest re a burial location, north of Uldale Way and off Drain Road, is exactly mid way betweem the searches on the 1st and 5th October.
Just found out it has a name thanks to Ayashley's map: Along Barnoak Road, which looks like a farm track, would be an ideal location for a burial site in the darkness before dawn on a rainy night. It's a good few hundred metres from the nearest houses, can probably be driven on without lights, has had flytipping at the Drain Road end so is a good location for doing something you don't want to be seen doing, and is mid way between two search sites.

Is this the friend she left her phone at creating an alibi?

I don’t know if it’s the same one, but it’s pretty much destroying the weak alibi if she’s reporting that she heard a conversation she didn’t (phone data confirms this) and that she’s in regular contact via text with her daughter (when we know she had both phones and has pleaded guilty already). It’s painting a picture of a liar who uses “friends” to push narratives.

As a local, the only bridge I could say was heading towards Westwood is by the old toys r us store. Surely all the others you would say towards Bretton…the bigger area and the place they actually used to live! I mean it’s a small detail in a very unbelievable story, but on my mind there’s no conceivable place he could pull over between the two houses that could see her running away from a grass verge down an alley and heading towards a bridge that headed towards Westwood. The reason it can’t be found is because it doesn’t exist

I wondered whether he meant the Rhubarb Bridge flyover. That leads eventually into the back of the Westwood industrial estate which in turn leads into Westwood. However, that bridge (and its pedestrian entrance) are on a dual carriageway and a very busy roundabout. There are certainly no grass verges to pull over for a cigarette. It is in within distance of Montagu Road, but I have my doubts that ScW would have chased her that from the built up houses off Lincoln Road to the Rhubarb Bridge, that’s a hell of long way (and VERY public) to chase someone. That’s in addition to the fact he was supposedly struggling with back issues.

I need another coffee this morning but does anyone know whether stepgrandma was only told Sc recorded Bea ONLY? Did she say what exactly was the claim?
Bea said to the friend it was over 7years especially in a specific room when mother of the year was working night shifts. How did this claim turn into a 'he took a video of her changing'?
While that's also sexual harassment and very wrong, it's far away from 7years of abuse.

Did Bea really not correct this to her grandparents? She kept saying I'm not lying according to grandma.

From Joey's link above

She ( Sarah W ) said that Scott had wanted to pick Bernadette up from his parents, and then on the drive home she (Sarah Walker) had been listening to the conversation as Scott’s line was open - the phone was on his leg or the dashboard.

“She said Scott was saying how it (allegations he had abused Bernadette) was not true, and that they needed to tell Bernadette’s mum.

“Sarah said the phone fell off, and turned itself off for an hour. She tried to phone back, but could not get through.”

Definitely a smart phone ;)

Ms Pjetergjokaj said that she also had been told by Sarah Walker that Bernadette had her phone with her when she went to stay with her grandparents, and had been messaging her mum throughout the night.

The court has heard previously that data has shown that Bernadette’s phone was at the family home in Century Square that night - not with Bernadette.

same link from Joey ....

Bernadette Walker Murder Trial: Teen’s mum lied to friend about hearing conversation between Bernadette and her dad moments before she went missing, court told

It's like the Peterborough Telegraph and the BBC were at different trials yesterday. BBC reported Sarah's police interview was played to the jury, and I was hoping PT might give us a bit more detail, but not even mentioned! We don't even know the date of that interview, if it was before or after her arrest.

The lack of reporting is really frustrating! Why isn’t the local news doing live trial updates ? I remember following the Louise Smith case (I live only 3 miles from where it all happened) hampshire live was so informative! Why isn’t this happening for Bernadette ? It seems because no ‘body’ has been found the media and general public don’t seem to care. I just feel so deeply sad for Bernadette, for what has happened in her short life and for everything that has occurred since. The whole investigation IMO has been appalling.

Is this the same visit to a friend previously reported as July 19th?

Previous trial report - Bernadette Walker murder trial: Phone data reveals dad’s early morning Mcdonalds trip after spending night out of house

Ms Wilding, who was going through phone data in detail with DC Jacqui Quinn, from Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire police...[...]

The jury also heard that later in the afternoon on July 19, messages were sent from Bernadette’s handset to her mum, Sarah Walker’s phone at 3.33pm. At the time Scott Walker’s handset was located at the lock up, while Sarah Walker’s phone was at a friend’s home on Padholme Road. Bernadette’s phone was located in the Westwood area of the city near the prison.

The message said; “I don’t know what to do, but I will be soon, when I am ready. I really want us to delete messages too. I will tell you more later.”

Ms Wilding said Bernadette’s phone then disconnected from the network.

A message from Sarah’s phone replied at 4.27pm: “OK, I’ve deleted everything. What do you want to tell me x”

At 3.45pm, Scott Walker sent a photo and a text message to his step father, and CCTV showed his Mercedes van leaving the garage at 3.58pm.

-------------

Yesterday's trial report - Bernadette Walker Murder Trial: Teen’s mum lied to friend about hearing conversation between Bernadette and her dad moments before she went missing, court told

Ms Pjetergjokaj said Sarah Walker had been to visit her on July 20 - two days after Bernadette was last seen alive. [...]

However, on July 20, he did not text at all.

During their meeting, Sarah Walker did receive a text message from Bernadette’s phone.

Ms Pjetergjokaj said: “When I heard she had a message from Bernadette, I was relieved as I thought she was OK and would be coming home. It was a good feeling.”

---------------

If it was on the 20th, it was after the last ever disconnection of Bee's phone in the early hours of the 20th. So it must have been a text from ScW which SaW pretended was from Bee. Her friend doesn't say she saw the text. Or perhaps they were sending messages with the new Sim card.

Shall I go with misreporting of the date yesterday, in our timeline, and put it down as the 19th, or put it in as another incident on the 20th after Bee's handset was disposed of?

I'm more inclined to go with the 19th - as SaW did say to her boyfriend that she sent the messages from BW's phone but ScW sent one. Also SaW told the local newspaper that the last time she heard from Bee was at 1am on the 20th.

I wondered whether he meant the Rhubarb Bridge flyover. That leads eventually into the back of the Westwood industrial estate which in turn leads into Westwood. However, that bridge (and its pedestrian entrance) are on a dual carriageway and a very busy roundabout. There are certainly no grass verges to pull over for a cigarette. It is in within distance of Montagu Road, but I have my doubts that ScW would have chased her that from the built up houses off Lincoln Road to the Rhubarb Bridge, that’s a hell of long way (and VERY public) to chase someone. That’s in addition to the fact he was supposedly struggling with back issues.

also rhubarb bridge was being repaired then ;) it was closed for about 15 months as they replaced all those columns on it.

it’s just a very hopeless story that doesn’t add up. He was travelling from his parents house to his house, and somehow doesn’t know where he is and gets lost for 90 minutes including losing a girl who has never been seen again!

we all have “moments” but this guy has got lost, stopped in the middle of either a busy road or cul de sac, watched his daughter run off (and then forgot where it was or to report it for 3 days!) and then seems to have found a bridge linking two areas not close to one another, before having a couple of Big Macs and calling it a day.

I hope the prosecution are sharing our maps and timelines to explain how truly ridiculous these stories are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff