GUILTY UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I've been quietly observing this thread for quite some time but have never had anything to offer so haven't posted. The lack of updates from the press reporting on this have been frustrating so this has been a real help. I have a couple of questions.
Did ScW have previous convictions? I read something a while back but the source was unverified and I wondered if it had been reported anywhere in the press?
Do the police have to prove they have adequately looked for BWs body in a 'no body' murder investigation? From what I've read, they don't appear to have done a great job of this and I wonder if this will affect a verdict at all?

I'm hoping press will be in court for the verdict so we will hopefully get a quick update from them.

Hoping the jury come to their verdicts swiftly.

I think the lack of reporting means we’ve not heard a lot of the evidence.

Remember Lindsay Birbeck? People were convinced there was not enough evidence to convict and they returned their verdict after a few hours.

The defences claim about being seen in the fens is laughable, I’m 30 mins away and if I started walking in the fens it could be a good few hours until I see another human.

Even if SaW does walk and is out on time server, at least there is a very very slim chance she will ever have any unsupervised contact with any of the children . The fact that she has pleaded guilty to some charges relating to her daughter's disappearance meanher reception is likely to be hostile to say the least. She won't be going home happily TiKTokking away !

I know I can not be the only one who is very offended by the defense minimizing sexual abuse of a minor in his care by Scott. I do not think that will sit well with the jury.
The problem is there is no proof of sexual abuse as Bee is not here to give evidence. We only know about the allegations from what she said to SaW and online friends. The camera in the bathroom was located so ScW cannot deny that. As we know he was questioned about that and came out with the sweet wrapper nonsense. He refused to talk about the sexual abuse allegations too. Do we know for certain what Bee had accused him of ? Sexual abuse covers a whole load of offences from very minor to very serious. Did she ever say that she was raped for example. ? The defence will not be dwelling on this for obvious reasons and downplaying it as a motive. The prosecution case is that the sexual abuse allegations were the motive for Murder but they cannot prove it with facts sadly.

Hi all - quick update from Cambridge- the judge is still summing up but we have stopped for lunch. She expects to be finished this after but the jury won’t be able to begin deliberations properly until tomorrow afternoon. This is due to one member not being available tomorrow morning and the fact they don’t have a room sorted for them!
So far though I get the impression the judge believes they are both guilty of perverting the course of justice and she seems to be leaning very much towards Bernadette being murdered.

Hoping the jury come to their verdicts swiftly.

I think the lack of reporting means we’ve not heard a lot of the evidence.

Remember Lindsay Birbeck? People were convinced there was not enough evidence to convict and they returned their verdict after a few hours.

The defences claim about being seen in the fens is laughable, I’m 30 mins away and if I started walking in the fens it could be a good few hours until I see another human.
I hope you are right. The jury would not know this about the fens unless they are familiar with the area so may take the defence barristers word for it?

Hi all - quick update from Cambridge- the judge is still summing up but we have stopped for lunch. She expects to be finished this after but the jury won’t be able to begin deliberations properly until tomorrow afternoon. This is due to one member not being available tomorrow morning and the fact they don’t have a room sorted for them!
So far though I get the impression the judge believes they are both guilty of perverting the course of justice and she seems to be leaning very much towards Bernadette being murdered.
Thanks for the update MIdge.

Saturday nighty was an 8% moon, Sunday night a 4% moon so it would be proper dark which is why he goes out again towards the end of the night in the early hours of Sunday, so he has some daylight before sunrise.

in all honesty you could have headlights on full beam and no one will notice. There’s no silence like countryside silence

I know I can not be the only one who is very offended by the defense minimizing sexual abuse of a minor in his care by Scott. I do not think that will sit well with the jury.

the defence have to offer a defence I guess. This one left me with vomit in my mouth, but what else do you say? If you offer none then it’s a mistrial. I found it sick to say “why would be murder her? I mean it was just a little hanky Panky with his daughter, nothing to get upset about”.

unless you have a really weird jury, I guess that won’t cut it either

Hi, I've been quietly observing this thread for quite some time but have never had anything to offer so haven't posted. The lack of updates from the press reporting on this have been frustrating so this has been a real help. I have a couple of questions.
Did ScW have previous convictions? I read something a while back but the source was unverified and I wondered if it had been reported anywhere in the press?
Do the police have to prove they have adequately looked for BWs body in a 'no body' murder investigation? From what I've read, they don't appear to have done a great job of this and I wonder if this will affect a verdict at all?

I'm hoping press will be in court for the verdict so we will hopefully get a quick update from them.

Welcome...

Not that we know of. The one you read about was a different Scott W.

It has been mentioned in court re the searches for Bernadette's body, but, as you say, the lack of reporting has been frustrating, so we don't know how much detail was given.

The press will certainly report the verdict immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member