GUILTY UK - Bobbi-Anne Mcleod,18, ‘did not arrive to meet friends’ Plymouth, 20 Nov 2021 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Indie band guitarist, 24, ADMITS murdering teenager Bobbi-Anne McLeod, 18, in Plymouth last year | Daily Mail Online

Ackland - who was a stranger to her - snatched her off the street after she left her house in Leigham at about 6pm on November 20 last year to head into Plymouth to meet boyfriend Louie Leach, 17.

He lured her into his car then beat her repeatedly with a blunt instrument in the relentless attack.

After he killed her he hid her in woodland in a desperate attempt to escape justice. Her bus ticket was never used after he is believed to have got her into his car.

Police were able to trace her phone but could not pinpoint where in the city she was.

But three days later, the Guardian reports Ackland walked into a police station and told police what he had done and where to find her in a wooded area off a lane between Fort Staddon and Bovisand, South Hams in Devon.

Today her family and friends' very worst fears were realised as Ackland confessed to deliberately killing her in the attack, pleading guilty to the single count of murder.

Judge Robert Linford told Ackland: 'You have pleaded guilty to murder and the sentence is fixed by law.

'The sentence is imprisonment for life and the only issue will be the mimimum term I will impose.'

What an animal. This really doesn’t feel like justice to me. Surely there are aggravating factors which would go toward a whole life tariff, perhaps the level of violence and/or the predation.

I would be shocked if this was anything but a sexually motivated crime.

I think it must be. I assume the judge will address this during sentencing even if CA is choosing not to say anything about motive. It seems CA didn’t know Bobbi-Anne at all so there was no other motivation. Very sad and disturbing.

What an animal. This really doesn’t feel like justice to me. Surely there are aggravating factors which would go toward a whole life tariff, perhaps the level of violence and/or the predation.

With sentencing trending upwards, I think CA is a candidate for a whole life sentence, but with everything considered, my guess is he will get life, with at least 30 years minimum and perhaps more like 33 or 34. However, I really wouldn’t mind being wrong on that.

On the facts, including the abduction, violence and likely sexual motive, a whole life sentence is possible and certainly wouldn’t go amiss here.

When he was on remand he was wearing a green & yellow boiler suit that is usually given to prisoners who have attempted to escape, to make them more noticeable in the future. Nothing was ever said about it iirc.

Are you possibly thinking of Mark Brown, the man who has been charged with killing Alexandra Morgan and Leah Ware? He looks very similar to CA and was pictured wearing one, but I don't recall seeing CA wearing one (unless I missed it). I've only seen him in that grey tracksuit?

Are you possibly thinking of Mark Brown, the man who has been charged with killing Alexandra Morgan and Leah Ware? He looks very similar to CA and was pictured wearing one, but I don't recall seeing CA wearing one (unless I missed it). I've only seen him in that grey tracksuit?

CA was wearing a green and yellow prison suit during one of his court. appearances.

A horrendous crime and heartbreaking for Bobbi's family who are in my thoughts. Lived and worked in Plymouth for 25 years and still visit regularly, and know the area where it happened. As cities go Plymouth IMHO is one of the safer ones, there have been other murders as you would expect, but to have this and the shootings happen in such a short space of time is something I still find difficult to get my head around.

I personally would like to see him get a whole life term, I really can't see any mitigating factors, not even an early guilty plea should IMO give him a discount; I don't see how if he is ever released any woman can truly feel safe - like Pitchfork.

With sentencing trending upwards, I think CA is a candidate for a whole life sentence, but with everything considered, my guess is he will get life, with at least 30 years minimum and perhaps more like 33 or 34. However, I really wouldn’t mind being wrong on that.

On the facts, including the abduction, violence and likely sexual motive, a whole life sentence is possible and certainly wouldn’t go amiss here.

Sadly I suspect you are right and that is what he will get. I would be happy to be proved wrong, too. Let's hope it is a whole life sentence.

MOO, as always

I suspect a sexual motive. Bobbi-Anne was tiny and looked younger than her actual age, which makes it even more grim for me…did he think she was a child?

God that’s so grim, but you might be right. When I was in my early 20s I looked much younger and more than once I was approached by men who thought I was a child (yuck) and spoke to me that way thinking they could talk me into this or that and were shocked to be rejected by a woman speaking in adult terms to them that they should kindly eff off.

Really disgusting, but yes it is possible CA thought Bobbie-Anne was even younger than she was at such a petite size.

The violence inflicted on her sounds horrendous. A monster.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrueCrimeLuvr_89
Back