UK UK - Bolton, Human Skull near abandoned hotel, Mar'21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Someone local commented on my fb page suggesting Margaret Smythe.

0_Maggie-Smythe-New.jpg

29 year old Maggie Smythe was murdered and dismembered in Bolton in January 2019. Her partial remains were found behind abandoned local pub, the Red Bridge Tavern, dumped in river and some parts in shallow grave near by. Maggie's leg was later discovered in Longsight Park. Her head and one arm were never recovered.

'Animal' killed his ex and dumped bits of her body in a lake and a shallow grave
Man, 39, charged with murder of mum, 29, after body found behind derelict pub

I am not sure how far each location are from each other, location where skull was found and location where Maggie was found in Bolton in 2019, but I do think it is very good suggestion and possibility.

Aha....interesting.

That article is similar to the one i posted weeks ago, the skull is less than 50 years old. It isnt ancient.

It doesnt appear that there's any updates yet.

Historical, not ancient no.

As the article states the couple have been questioned regarding where the skull has come from...the police have said it's not linked to any current investigations, so case closed. It looks like it was planted by the couple for the YouTube views imo.

I emailed someone a few weeks back suggesting Martin Joyce.
This skull is male, its not Margaret Smythe, unless they made a mistake (happened before)
Noting that some of Margaret Smythe's body has been found and several men have been arrested for her murder.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8335249/margaret-jean-smythe-body-found-third-man-arrested-murder/
''A body was recovered behind a derelict pub called the Red Bridge Inn, near Red Lane, around half a mile from her home.

Police launched a river search on Wednesday, deploying diving teams to trawl Blackshaw Brook near the abandoned boozer.''

Historical, not ancient no.

As the article states the couple have been questioned regarding where the skull has come from...the police have said it's not linked to any current investigations, so case closed. It looks like it was planted by the couple for the YouTube views imo.

Yes...but it also says its no more than 50 years old, its definitely not ancient or historical. Nothing new is known yet

From your linked article:
Experts in anthropology and radiocarbon dating concluded that the skull belonged to a man, who was likely aged 32 to 58 years old at the time of death, and probably died between 1801 and 1953...

Concluding, Prof W. said it was not possible to name who the skull belonged to, where he had died or when...

Interesting. Too bad they couldn't get something off the jacket or security cameras, to identify who placed it there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back