UK - Bradford. 3 children (1, 5 & 9) and a woman killed in house fire. *Man arrested on suspicion of murder* (21 Aug '24)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The daily Mail article states:

‘Last night a family friend, who asked not to be named, claimed Miss Gawith and her three children had been innocently caught up in a domestic row involving another member of her family.

The family member is said to have come to the house, followed by a man who 'poured petrol over his head and set himself on fire.'
[…]

So if above is accurate, the 39yo followed a “family member” (Birtle/Gawith?) into the house and seemingly self-immolated?
… and the roles of the two men charged with murder and attempted murder (Sunderland, 25, and Shabir, 44) is at this time unclear.

Reactions: nao
So if above is accurate, the 39yo followed a “family member” (Birtle/Gawith?) into the house and seemingly self-immolated?
… and the roles of the two men charged with murder and attempted murder (Sunderland, 25, and Shabir, 44) is at this time unclear.
I believe there are 4 people arrested plus the "firestarter" who is currently critical. What on earth happened here?

No, the 39-year-old followed his ex-partner, who was visiting the home of Bryonie Gawith. There is no information if the woman is related to BG, or to her partner, or if she's a friend of BG. Obviously she had been trying to get away from her ex, but wasn't aware how far he would go to harm her, or himself. I wonder if those arrested are his friends and/or relatives, and they knew about his plans.

Reactions: nao
"Two men are set to appear in court today charged with murder and attempted murder after a house fire in Bradford left a mother and her three children dead.

Police executed several warrants in the Keighley area of the city on Friday
and four other people remain under investigation,
including a 39-year-old man who was arrested at the scene on suspicion of murder and remains in hospital in a critical condition."

11:58Sophie Corcoran

Charges​

The court has heard the two defendants are charged with four counts of murder of Bryonie, Denisty, Oscar and Aubree.
They are also charged with attempting to murder Antonia Gawith.

I'm still so confused as to what went on here. Is Antonia the sister of Bryonie?

Edit ‐ I've answered my own question by looking on Facebook. Yes they are sisters

This one has really got me. I can’t imagine the horror Mum and her 3 kids must have felt. It’s beyond belief that a person, or persons, could do this knowing those innocent kids were in that house.

oh go on then!....Antonia Gawith was the intended target.....guess it's allowed now that the press have mentioned her

court listing for tomorrow

SITTING AT 02:00 pm

For Mention (Defendant to Attend)
U2024136713XC0014624 MOHAMMED SHABIR and CALUM SUNDERLAND
VIDEO LINK 14:00 PM COUNSEL VIA CVP

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics