UK - Bucket Bomb terror attack on London Underground, 15 Sept 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Possible second raid -- Sky reporting - not confimred by LE at this time.

Sounds as if there is another raid going on as well

did not catch name but was referred to as affluent part of area

ISky

SKY

he will be moved to London later today

serious ied

26 people hurt

expert on SKY if it worked could have killed 100s

on new tube train they are not closed off you can walk through car to car which would have been bad in this instance

residents who have been evacuated are upset

Part of my academic world a long time ago was course work in military science. The fact the bomb failed is a miracle. Most bombs require a triggering sequence also known as an explosive chain. There has to be an ignitor, a primary or booster, and then the main explosive charge. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Explosive_train

The fact that part of the assembly went pyrotechnic (like fireworks) instead of going explosive is a complete gift from God. If the bucket full of high explosives had gone off, the shock wave would have been contained within the train car. Over the years, it came that I would often pray that God would "frustrate terrorists of any kind." And, specifically, last week before the event, I had been strongly impressed to pray for Great Britain specifically. May we honor service men and women, and police and fire service personnel, by reminding them to God, and remember the land and its people also.

"Armed police are this afternoon raiding a house in Surrey hours after arresting the 18-year-old man believed to have planted the Parsons Green bomb.

One nearby resident told MailOnline that officers had found a bomb at the site in Sunbury-on-Thames after 'around 60 people' were evacuated from their homes.

Earlier today police apprehended a suspect in the 'port area' of Dover as he tried to buy a ferry ticket to France in a a believed attempt to flee the country.

Home Secretary Amber Rudd described the arrest as 'very significant', but added: 'The operation is ongoing.'

The suspect was taken to a local police station and will be transferred to south London during the course of the day, officers said.

It comes after the Prime Minister last night announced Britain's terror threat has been raised to its highest level amid fears the bombing could inspire copycat attacks.

The raid in Surrey took place at a residential address on Cavendish Road just before 2pm this afternoon."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cal-ISIS-claim-Tube-attack.html#ixzz4srJUUISj

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...es-level-critical-ISIS-claim-Tube-attack.html

The home in Surrey raided by police in connection with the Parsons Green bombing is owned by a couple who were both appointed MBEs for fostering hundreds of children.

The house in Sunbury-on-Thames is where Penelope Jones, 71, and her husband Ronald, 88, raised 268 foster children.

The couple owned the property as of February this year although it is not known if they or any of their children still live there.

Armed officers stormed the property hours after arresting the 18-year-old man believed to have planted the Parsons Green bomb in Dover.

At least eight of the Jones' foster children have been refugees with some coming from Iraq, Eritrea, Syria, Albania and Afghanistan.

The couple were honoured by the Queen in 2009 for their services to children and families.

Mrs Jones became a foster mother after working in a juvenile prison and was always supported by her husband. After the couple received their honours she told the BBC: 'I just like to be able to help people.'

BBM

Does this mean this couple unwittingly fostered a terrorist?

There was only one raid if I understand correctly? Sunbury-on-Thames is in Surrey.

A few years ago, England had so many disasters from the IRA. There were no public garbage cans as they could hide a bomb.

People in England were brave during WW2 with the Queen being an example to the country . That is why she was so beloved. The Queen mother, that is.

If we look back at the IRA bombings, that was a very distressing time. This too shall pass.

The cameras have found the culprits. I imagine with Intel capabilities, lots of plots have been foiled as well.

Unfortunately, with more and more people being bombed and left in trauma, more terrorists are being created.

TERROR COPS IN SURREY RAID HOME OF MBE COUPLE WHO FOSTERD YOUNG REFUGEES AN 'FIND EXPLOSIVES IN GARDEN'

Mirror.co.uk
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/parsons-green-terror-attack-police-11182862

Terror cops have raided the home of an elderly couple honoured with MBEs for fostering young refugees following the Parsons Green bombing.

An armed police operation is under way at a house owned Penelope Jones, 71, and her husband Ronald, 89, who have housed hundreds of children including refugees from Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan.

The couple were honoured with MBEs in 2009 for services to children and families.

Shocked locals claimed officers found explosives in a back garden after officers raided a home on a leafy residential street in Sunbury-on-Thames, where houses are thought to be in the region of £440,000.

BBM

There is no confirmation of the Police about the explosives allegedly found in the garden.

Does this mean this couple unwittingly fostered a terrorist?

There was only one raid if I understand correctly? Sunbury-on-Thames is in Surrey.

BBM

At least one. There will be other families like the Joneses all around Britain. There were and still are in Germany ~ and no one had seen it coming there. The Wurzburg axe-attacker comes to mind, and the rapefugee who murdered Maria Ladenburger. Once the authorities put off their rose-coloured spectacles and started looking at either perpetrator, it soon became obvious that things did not add up. And they might have known that in advance, had they made the effort. But you've got to be ready and willing to do that, and most authorities (and helpers) are not.

Makes you wonder if he came from the Calais Jungle and if he is indeed 18. And what he cost the British taxpayer.

:thinking:

SUSPECT WAS ARRESTED TWO WEEKS AGO NEAR LOCATION OF ATTACK, BUT WALKED FREE

Daily Mail
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...es-level-critical-ISIS-claim-Tube-attack.html

The suspected Parsons Green bomber was a 'problematic foster child' who was allegedly arrested two weeks ago near where the attack took place before being freed.

Police are searching a house in Sunbury-on-Thames, Surrey, after the 18-year-old was detained in the 'port area' of Dover earlier today while apparently attempting to leave the country.

The home raided by police in connection with the attack, which injured 30, is owned by a couple who were both appointed MBEs for fostering hundreds of children.

Penelope Jones, 71, and her husband Ronald, 88, have raised 268 foster children in the house over three decades and the last eight have been refugees.

Close friends of pensioners Penny and Ron Jones said the couple - who are widely respected in the local area - were at 'their end' with the teenager.

Serena Barber, 47, who has known the couple all her life and lives in a property backing on to theirs, said: 'They have two boys at the moment, both are foreign. One is very quiet and polite, the other who is 18 is awful.'

The development comes as police revealed they are 'keeping an open mind' on whether there was more than one person responsible for the bombing.

BBM

SUSPECT 'KEPT GETTING IN TROUBLE WITH THE POLICE'

Mirror.co.uk
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/troubled-foster-boy-held-over-11185796

Tonight it was claimed the suspect, who was believed to be taken in by elderly foster carers in Surrey, was arrested near Parsons Green earlier this month and "kept getting in trouble with the police."
The Met said it would not comment on claims the teenager was previously arrested.
It comes as US President Donald Trump was slammed for declaring the suspect was "in the sights of Scotland Yard".

One resident, who only gave his name as Richard, said: "One of the men living there was a real troublemaker.

"Most of the street had complained about him at some point in the past few months.

"He was in trouble with the police a few times.

"We heard he was arrested near Parsons Green earlier this month, I think he was from Syria, but never spoke to him so couldn't say for sure.

"They were such a lovely couple it often seemed that some of the people they took in were taking advantage of them, particularly this one.

"As far as i'm aware, he didn't work or anything, he just sponged off them.

"I imagine they will have been very shocked by the police today, Ronald in particular is nearly 90 - he's a frail man. You have to feel sorry for them"

BBM

REVEALED: TERRORISTS 'TARGETED CHILDREN' IN PARSONS GREEN BOMBING - 3 VICTIMS REMAIN IN HOSPITAL

Daily Mail
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ms-Parsons-Green-bombing-remain-hospital.html

The terrorists who attacked Parsons Green tube station yesterday were 'deliberately' targeting school children, a senior source who has been briefed on the investigation has claimed.

The source told MailOnline he believed the terrorists has chosen a line and time where they were guaranteed to have youngsters heading to school.

He said: 'It’s the height of the school run and, if that was the target, it was intended to cause maximum loss of life and destruction.

'I spoke to a couple of people [who were on the train] who were shaken up but were greatly relieved.

'It’s a very busy commuter station and the District Line is one of the most busy line. [The train that was bombed] was packed almost to capacity.'

BBM

Nice. You provide shelter, a home and a family for someone because he is a child in need. Or so you think, but no good deed goes unpunished.

From ZaZara's post and link: "The source told MailOnline he believed the terrorists has chosen ..."

So one terrorist or more? The noun indicates plural, the verb is singular ... Sloppy reporting.

Also, it crossed my mind that I wouldn't be surprised if the "quiet and polite" boy was the one arrested, not the troublemaker. Seen it all too often here that outward behaviour can not necessarily be relied upon when trying to determine who is capable of murder. .

Man targeting kids I think this is very troubled young man.

His behaviors as described sound like a mentally disturbed individual who has been sick for most of his life.

His past history as it emerges will be telling.

We many find dropping out of school a lot of school changes parent changes etc etc

Do we know how long he was in this setting??

sad story

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psychesleuth
Back