Recovered/Located UK - Cardiff - 3 Women & 2 Men Missing, leaving nightclub approx 2am, Newport, 4 March 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Shane is reported as being a passenger in news articles. His driving ban wasn’t up yet. I believe it was the other male who was driving and that it was his car.
I am wondering if someone else who wasn't that familiar with Cardiff was driving? Is RJ local to Cardiff? If so, he would have driven that road before, whereas someone not familiar with the road (and car) could have made an error. The thought came to mind when the ex gf of RJ relkeased the CCTV that showed her driving RJ's car. Ex-girlfriend shared video of last embrace with Cardiff crash victim

Last edited:
There is always a mechanic or two willing to pass a dodgy car through its MOT. People with bangers go to them for exactly that reason.

Crappy breaks and dodgy seatbelts could explain a fair bit. If the mechanic who re-did the MOT in Feb did let some things slide through, I hope they're sweating bullets right about now.

Last edited:
There is always a mechanic or two willing to pass a dodgy car through its MOT. People with bangers go to them for exactly that reason.

breaks and dodgy seatbelts could explain a fair bit. If the mechanic who did the MOT in Feb did let some things slide through, I hope they're sweating bullets right about now.

It looks like the car could have been left at the garage from 9th (1st test) to 18th Feb (2nd test), the mileage had not changed during that time. One would hope that the necessary work on the car had taken place during that time in order for it to pass.
Unless, of course, it had been transported there and back, bit of a stretch, but possible, but still would have needed to have had the work done IMO.
If it were a 'dodgy car' mechanic, why not pass it the first time around?

JMO

Last edited:
The delay in getting the car MOTd after it expired in December is easily explained if the owner had been .... away. ;)
Then a gap between failure and retest isn't that unusual. Maybe he didn't have the money to have the work done right away.

It looks like the car could have been left at the garage from 9th (1st test) to 18th Feb (2nd test), the mileage had not changed during that time. One would hope that the necessary work on the car had taken place during that time in order for it to pass.
Unless, of course, it had been transported there and back, bit of a stretch, but possible, but still would have needed to have had the work done IMO.
If it were a 'dodgy car' mechanic, why not pass it the first time around?

JMO
What usually what happens is they get the car MOT'd at a normal garage. It fails, the work to get it to pass is expensive. So some mate goes 'don't worry I know a guy' and the car somehow passes at another shop.

Though the same mileage makes me hope it was just in the shop a week for the work.

I don't think a dodgy car will be what caused this crash somehow. JMO, I could be wrong.
Tbh, looking at the road, I think it was late at night, dark, no traffic etc. They had just peeled off an empty motorway and were travelling down a fairly straight clean bit of road. Maybe the booted it a bit on the straight for a bit of a thrill.

But they were unfamiliar with the road and didn't realise it bent to the right to meet the roundabout. Instead of slowing and turning they carried on if the road was straight. Didn't realise until they were basically hitting the corner so shot into the trees, straight as an arrow, and had the misfortune of coming to rest in such a way as it was impossible for passing motorists to see them.

Whether speed, breaks, drink, substances etc were contributing factors I won't speculate on because nobody knows yet. However that's how I think it physically came about.

If a car fails MOT at a garage you have 10 days to present it at the same garage for a retest, this way you don't have to pay for the MOT twice.
In this case it looks as though this could have been so, the mileage hadn't changed and it was passed after 9 days.
Or at least the documents suggest this.

But I guess it's quite possible could have towed or transported to a different garage within 9 days with the owner forking out another 55 quid for getting a dodgy MOT. Can't see it myself though.

Last edited:
If a car fails MOT at a garage you have 10 days to present it at the same garage for a retest, this way you don't have to pay for the MOT twice.
In this case it looks as though this could have been so, the mileage hadn't changed and it was passed after 9 days.
Or at least the documents suggest this.

But I guess it's quite possible could have towed around different garages over 9 days with the owner forking out over 55 quid a pop in the hope of getting a dodgy MOT.
There would be more than one recorded fail then though?

There would be more than one recorded fail then though?

Exactly, unless they towed it to someone they knew would pass it, but like I said, I don't think it's the case as they'd have surely have taken it there in the first place IMO

Last edited:
I'd agree with you all that it is most likely that the car failed the MOT, and the work was genuinely done when the garage had the time and then it passed a week later.
More interesting (to me) is that the car did virtually no miles (ie just 40 odd) between when it passed the MOT in Dec 2021 and the passed MOT in Feb 2023.
So was the owner/keeper/driver: ehemm.....cough... "away"

I'd agree with you all that it is most likely that the car failed the MOT, and the work was genuinely done when the garage had the time and then it passed a week later.
More interesting (to me) is that the car did virtually no miles (ie just 40 odd) between when it passed the MOT in Dec 2021 and the passed MOT in Feb 2023.
So was the owner/keeper/driver: ehemm.....cough... "away"
He'd only recently got out of prison, right? I thought that was already established/reported?

Crappy breaks and dodgy seatbelts could explain a fair bit. If the mechanic who re-did the MOT in Feb did let some things slide through, I hope they're sweating bullets right about now.
Worn brakes would not have contributed to this crash. A total failure of the brakes' hydraulic system is the only way brakes could have been involved, and that's extremely unlikely. A complete loss of steering is the only other way that a mechanical failure could have caused this, and that's very rare. Driver error is far more likely.
I don't think a dodgy car will be what caused this crash somehow. JMO, I could be wrong.
Agreed.

But they were unfamiliar with the road and didn't realise it bent to the right to meet the roundabout. Instead of slowing and turning they carried on if the road was straight. Didn't realise until they were basically hitting the corner so shot into the trees, straight as an arrow, and had the misfortune of coming to rest in such a way as it was impossible for passing motorists to see them.

Whether speed, breaks, drink, substances etc were contributing factors I won't speculate on because nobody knows yet. However that's how I think it physically came about.
There are what we call 'speed bumps' here in NZ on that stretch of road just where it starts to bend. I wonder if the car going a bit faster than it should have, hit one these, went a bit out of control or it gave the driver a fright and they just kept going straight.

“Eve, a talented singer who once performed in TeenStar, the UK’s ‘biggest competition for young artists’, was driving”

She drove her own vehicle to the club where they met up. It doesn’t mean she was driving the white VW.

Tbh, looking at the road, I think it was late at night, dark, no traffic etc. They had just peeled off an empty motorway and were travelling down a fairly straight clean bit of road. Maybe the booted it a bit on the straight for a bit of a thrill.

the men came from Cardiff so I doubt the road was unknown to them.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Placebo
Back