DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Catherine Johnston, 39, went missing from the Belfast area on Tuesday and has not been seen since. Her Seat Leon car was found at Ballintoy Harbour, which was used as the fictional village of Lordsport on the Isle of Pyke in the hit HBO series Game of Thrones.

Ms Johnston is 5'9, average build and with light brown shoulder-length hair.

3B5E6D9B00000578-0-image-m-4_1481716784594.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...doned-Game-Thrones-harbour.html#ixzz4SqVXzj1E

http://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/belfast-news/familys-pictures-could-help-police-12336510

“We have information that a Vauxhall estate car, possibly an Insignia or an Astra, was parked at Ballintoy on Tuesday afternoon.

"The car is described as being duck-egg blue in colour. A man, woman and three children were using the car and it is thought that the adults took photographs while they were there.

"I would ask these people to please contact police so that we can check the photographs and see if they can assist us with the investigation.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/n...fast-teacher-catherine-johnston-35301053.html

In a statement Sergeant David Armour said... “It is also thought that a white Transit van with a yellow taxi sign on the roof was parked in Ballintoy later that afternoon. Again I would ask the driver to please get in touch with police, quoting reference number 889 of 13/12/16. Thank you.”

I see from articles about Catherine that she had been off work unwell prior to her disappearance - nothing to say if it was stress related or not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very sad, I hope she's found her family must be sick with worry. Especially if it's a known suicide spot.

PSNI North Coast posts regarding Catherine here and here and here

Am really struggling to find Catherine on SM, must be a Sunday afternoon brain-block :banghead:

ETA: Think I've found Catherine's profile but there's minimal content on it.

I fear a very sad situation here. How very sad for her children to be facing this at Christmas :(

A lot of teachers have minimal content available to view on their profiles. Looks very scenic though in the few pictures there are. Hoping for news soon

A lot of teachers have minimal content available to view on their profiles. Looks very scenic though in the few pictures there are. Hoping for news soon

I did wonder if that might be the case - makes perfect sense too. Cheers MWI :)

Yesterday a family member said they did not wish to make any further comment on the search at this time.

Police have continued to appeal to the public for any information and have concentrated the search around Dunseverick Castle and Carrick-a-rede areas:

"We have information that a Vauxhall estate car, possibly an Insignia or an Astra, was parked at Ballintoy on Tuesday afternoon. The car is described as being duck-egg blue in colour. A man, woman and three children were using the car and it is thought that the adults took photographs while they were there. I would ask these people to please contact police so that we can check the photographs and see if they can assist us with the investigation.

It is also thought that a white Transit van with a yellow taxi sign on the roof was parked in Ballintoy later that afternoon. Again I would ask the driver to please get in touch with police, quoting reference number 889 of 13/12/16."

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/n...fast-teacher-catherine-johnston-35303679.html

Could the family member possibly know something if they do not wish to appeal for help? Is there any more news on this case? I couldn't find an article releasing any new info, or if the family with the blue car or the transit van has been in contact. Hopefully they have seen the case in the news and thought to contact the police.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back