UK - Chris Kaba 21, shot dead by armed officers, now a murder inquiry, London.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well I think we can see where Blake's fellow officers' loyalties are:
From the BBC article: In the footage, Mr Kaba can be seen hunched down in the driver's seat with his hands visible.

DS87 can be seen running around to the front of the Audi. When he raised his own semi-automatic carbine, he was standing beside Mr Blake. It was at this point the accused officer shot Mr Kaba.

This officer, who standing beside Blake when he shot Kaba, could slant his statement to back up that decision it's true. But apparently video evidence shows he also raised his gun just as Blake raised and fired at Kaba.

We can't know if he'd have taken the shot. We do know that both officers standing in front of Kaba's car simultaneously took aim at him. Which UK Firearms officers are trained to only do when there is an immediate threat to life.

Personally, I think that identical reaction in the moment, more than any later testimony, lends weight Blake's claim that he reasonably perceived Kaba to be an immediate deadly threat.

Either way, I hope they actually release the footage up to a second before the shooting when this is done. Whatever the outcome.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZogNCat
Back