Found Deceased UK - Chris May, 28, Kelvedon, Essex, 25 May 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The facebook missing page is very quiet, but if it was started up by a well meaning individual they may have stopped updating when the family started calling it fake.

Those pages are often gossip filled, but sometimes a snippet of info can be gleaned. It is a puzzling case for sure.

Oh and maybe the friend who asked where he was after just 7 hours was meant to meet up with him and couldn't get him on the phone?

Oh and maybe the friend who asked where he was after just 7 hours was meant to meet up with him and couldn't get him on the phone?

This........nothing strange about friend saying something before family....he's 27 so like most of hs generation his mobile phone is probably welded to his ear, and not getting an answer or returned call after even half an hour is probably very unusual to a friend!!

Could he have abandoned the car and walked to White Notley Railway Station? There are hourly-or-so trains to London Liverpool Street from there which take less than an hour

Christopher May, a 28 'loving family man' left his father's house in the small town of Coggeshall, UK, at 9:45 on the 25th of May 2015. He has since disappeared without a trace. His car, a silver VW Golf, was found abandoned in Troy's Chase, Fairstead, which is around 12-13 miles away. It was found the next Wednesday but police believe it was left there on the same day he left his father's house.

After searching the surrounding area, police are still baffled as to what happened to him 2 months on. They have divulged to the press that they have received a letter which states Chris has been killed but no one has come forth to claim authorship or any useful information.

I find this case fascinating because Coggeshall is only a small town where many people know of each other. I used to live there and I know the surrounding areas fairly well. Disappearances and murders are just unbelievably uncommon in that area. Someone will know what happened to him but there seems to be little to no information available as to his whereabouts.

Please feel free to discuss and present your own theories. I will try to keep abreast of the disappearance and keep this thread up to date if they locate him or (Heaven forbid) otherwise!

Could he have written the letter himself, if he wanted to disappear? Long shot I know, but better than someone else writing it.

Like others have said, I don't think its suspicious that a friend noticed him missing before family, as that friend could have arranged to meet him and he didn't turn up. I wouldn't know what plans my 21 year old son had made each day, so I would probably be the last to know if he was missing too, especially as he often stays at a friends' house or his girlfriends.

Hmmmm. Seems like the FB pages I'd been reading have gone. I can't find anything at all in recent news but he is still listed on missingpeople.

Yes I'd seen that post Purplepixii, did full forensics on the various FB pages, heart wrenching, he is obviously a very loved brother/son/uncle/friend to many. Have you found an official page as the main one (Find Chris May) has family up in arms about who set it up. All publicity is good publicity, I'd say, not sure why the family haven't set something up themselves as they're all prolific FB users.

I'm not finding much else really. Have you looked at the map of where the car was found? Doesn't ring any alarm bells suicide-wise to be, surprised no pictures of where the car was found.

I would really love to know what his family think re his state of mind that day: Was there an argument with dad? Was he depressed about a relationship? Could he have had enough?

I'd also love to know their take on where the car was found: Was it a road locals might use as a short cut? Which way was the car facing? He had texted someone to say he was going to Braintree which is kind of on the way, would he have used that road to get there?

I feel like despite all the repeated appeals by the family, there have not been many answers. Frustrating!! I think we need to call for back up.....

Braintree can be accessed via that route (although using that road specifically would seem odd to me personally), whether it was his normal route only he and his family would know. I can assume he had many friends in the village (and surrounding areas) so maybe he was due to meet the person who alerted that he hadn't been seen and he couldn't get through to his phone and went to FB instead?

I agree that it doesn't seem like a suicide location. Also, he wouldn't leave his keys in the ignition if he were to do something like that. To me it looks like someone left his car there or he was taken there... I have no evidence of this though apart from good old intuition. It screams 'foul play'.

We are all aware that UK police forces can be very tight lipped, especially with missing persons cases, so I'm disappointed but not surprised that there are no pictures emerging of his car.

It is very frustrating, I agree. And it seems that it has sort of been left for the moment but it's such a small place, something must have been seen or heard?!

Could he have abandoned the car and walked to White Notley Railway Station? There are hourly-or-so trains to London Liverpool Street from there which take less than an hour

That's an interesting point! But I'm also wondering about the keys in the car's ignition.. Would he have left them in the car if he was planning on doing a runner?

Police searching for missing Kelvedon man Chris May have said they no longer expect to find him alive and are treating the case as a murder investigation.

DCI Marina Ericson, who has been leading the search for the 28-year-old, made the announcement on the first anniversary of Mr May’s disappearance.

(...)

“There is a strong likelihood that Chris’ involvement with drugs is linked to his death.

“Today I am releasing a timeline of Chris’ last moments as we know them along with images captured on CCTV of his journey in his silver Volkswagen Golf before it was found abandoned.
http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/murder_i...issing_kelvedon_man_chris_may_alive_1_4548744

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 37
Thanks, KayElJay - I don't think we knew he was a drug dealer but I suppose it gives a more obvious motive for murder. Hope they find him soon but I reckon he's probably weighted down in a lake or in the bottom of a quarry.

The police have received four anonymous letters since his disappearance, with at least one saying he was dead and another saying he was in hiding.

Mrs May said: “Who would write these letters? For me, someone writing a letter if they don’t know somehing – it’s a nasty thing to do.

“We need answers and someone does know where he went that day.

“We would like to say to those people that do have answers and haven’t come forward; put yourselves in our shoes.

“How would you feel if it was one of your loved ones? One day they disappeared. No sight of them anywhere. No explanation. Please, whoever you are, whatever you know, we are begging you to put an end to our family’s suffering.”
http://www.halsteadgazette.co.uk/news/14525701.Family___s_plea_to_killer__Please_end_our_agony/

I wonder if the letters were written by the same person? Surely handwriting experts would have taken a look at them?

Just a quick addition to this old thread to say that I've just started a new podcast looking at Unsolved murders in the UK. This season concentrates on Essex and my first episode is Chris May's case. I've compiled everything I can find about Chris' case into the episode including a detailed timeline of his last known movements. It'd be great to get some more exposure for Chris and help his family find the answers they need.

https://soundcloud.com/theoutlinespodcast/the-disappearance-of-chris-may

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024
Back