UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its def something police are investigating the poss use of a warrant card @UKjester.
This piece from the Mail Online has some interesting content.
There is also a note of the the kit issued to Diplomatic Protection officers amongst other things include firearms speed cuffs telescopic baton and cps spray. No lone unsuspecting female would be able to defend herself against someone equiped with these.

He worked at the Palace of Westminster as did Sarah they both had lockers there.
We know Claudia held a work locker too.

Im sure people are wondering if there had been other victims.
I would hope NYP would take an interest in him.
He has some military history and had previously been a mechanic.
Thinking aloud here but has anyone done any research into his background back in 2008-2009.
Did any of his military, mechanical or security work history put him in the York area in those years.
Some times the people who commit these crimes can fly under the radar for a long period of time before they slip up and are caught.

Sarah Everard: 'Murder suspect' Met officer found via CCTV from bus camera | Daily Mail Online
On Wednesday, a car with York reg plates was seen at the deposition site in Ashford - could be Claudia's remains

What? Sarah worked at the Palace of Westminster?

I thought I had read in early reports that she did Ive just been trying to find that piece but not having much luck when punching the query into google, its just coming up as her having a marketing job.
Maybe others can confirm as I know early reports are not always reliable.
Sorry for any confusion if it turns out her marketing job wasnt based there

I thought I had read in early reports that she did Ive just been trying to find that piece but not having much luck when punching the query into google, its just coming up as her having a marketing job.
Maybe others can confirm as I know early reports are not always reliable.
Sorry for any confusion if it turns out her marketing job wasnt based there
I don't doubt your research, I'm shocked there may be a link between them.

He was a mechanic and may have travelled to York to buy a used car
Yup, and if you remember Peter Tobin killed Vicki Hamilton in Scotland and she ended up being found in his back garden in Margate, Kent.

Urgh you never know, perhaps the human remains recovered already this week may not be related to WC / SE. Perhaps another killer could have done stuff there and they're just uncovering it now ? Wonder if Tobin's arse is twitching over these recent developments ? (after all they think he's responsible for far more murders than he's actually been found guilty of and Kent was his area for a good while) all speculation and moo.

Last edited:
I never had a thought like Claudia will be found soon and here or there. But now I finally have a feeling, she might be found as a victim of WC. Police are searching also tunnel systems at his abandoned family company building .... I'm waiting .....

How Wayne Couzens went from mechanic to Met cop to Sarah Everard suspect

The couple, who married in 2006, were described as “chatty”. (In contradiction to "met online around 12 years ago", which would have been in 2009.)

BCB Dover at Western Heights closed in 2015 after 48 years. Couzens started as an apprentice in 1990 working as a light-vehicle body repair technician.

He worked there until 2011 before following in the footsteps of his brother David and becoming a cop.

@Pinkizzy I found this re Sarah's work history which was listed in an Evening Standard article. Theres no mention of POW so I stand corrected on that point.
apologises for any confusion.

Where did she work?
Everard worked at several marketing and PR agencies since moving to London, graduating from senior account manager to group account director between 2009 and 2020, according to LinkedIn.

Last month, she started a new job at Flipside Group, a digital media agency based in Holborn. On her LinkedIn profile, Everard describes herself as a “positive presence” with a “caring attitude for [her] work and team” and friends say she had been looking forward to starting the new position.
Mobile App Developers London

It’s not WC, people seem to link killers like Halliwell to other cases when they emerge. But the likeliness it is him is so remote it’s not really worth discussing I feel.
yes and no! There are similarities, whilst it may not be the same killer, it may give you an insight into behaviours around the crime. "dead before she hit the ground" possible snatch from the road, similar looking victim to CL - when you consider how many women would of been walking about - why did he target this particular victim, What was his motive? what was his reward? looking at her I cannot imagine her going quietly. concealing in the woods 2hrs away.

yes and no! There are similarities, whilst it may not be the same killer, it may give you an insight into behaviours around the crime. "dead before she hit the ground" possible snatch from the road, similar looking victim to CL - when you consider how many women would of been walking about - why did he target this particular victim, What was his motive? what was his reward? looking at her I cannot imagine her going quietly. concealing in the woods 2hrs away.

I agree @Bonderabbit an insight into the reasons and how he executed this crime allows us to look into the mindset of the type of deeply disturbed indivuals that commit these crimes.

Perhaps she was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
I was targeted on the same night Sarah Everard went missing

Sarah Everard: 'Murder suspect' Met officer found via CCTV from bus camera | Daily Mail Online

His Ukrainian wife Elena, 38, works as a laboratory manager. She is not at the couple's home today, which remains sealed off behind a metal wall today.

They have been described by friends as a 'very doting couple' with two children who met online around 12 years ago.
-.-.-
12 years ago was around 2009 ...... when Claudia disappeared.

His wife looks verrry similar to Claudia, IMO.
He may have had preferred this type of woman.
So, rumours about Claudia's secret boyfriend, who was police man (or an ex police man allegedly), was not pulled out of thin air perhaps. Her NH's crew probably didn't know, who it was and which job he had (NOT responsible for drug trade and cigarette smuggling within the Heworth area) and only feared him as "someone unknown from police".
I wouldn't be surprised, if there is a connection. IMO

ETA: I won't delete half of my post, BUT: WC wasn't police man in 2009. Oh! Maybe, he lied to CL, because he already had a plan to become a police officer? Idk.

He's Southern based so doubt he has any York connections whatsoever.

Sad co-incidence she orginally came from York. Wonder if she ever knew CL although was a good decade younger so probably not. She moved down to London around 2010 probably so would've been back in York when it happened as she graduated from Durham Uni in 2008.

12 year anniversary coming up this week then....wonder if we'll get anything? Doubt it. The case is basically now in cold storage unless someone randomly confesses or drops a huge clue so clutching at straws a bit now.

I think ultimately with CL case it just goes into two categories given someone hurt and then disposed of her.

Police and many on this forum believe it was one of NH lot. Others like Pope believe it was someone not connected to that e.g. mystery boyfriend.

Unless she's ever found or there's a confession you can't rule out either group although one seems more likely to me.

I do think Sarah Everard case is interesting as given she wasn't attacked in the park you'd have thought it might be connected to family and being snatched from a reasonably busy street in London by random person (and a copper to boot) does make you think when you compare what could've happend to CL at about 5am in York on that Thursday morning (although again we can't rule it out all happening on Wednesday evening!)

My head is hurting again.

I think ultimately with CL case it just goes into two categories given someone hurt and then disposed of her.

Police and many on this forum believe it was one of NH lot. Others like Pope believe it was someone not connected to that e.g. mystery boyfriend.

Unless she's ever found or there's a confession you can't rule out either group although one seems more likely to me.

I do think Sarah Everard case is interesting as given she wasn't attacked in the park you'd have thought it might be connected to family and being snatched from a reasonably busy street in London by random person (and a copper to boot) does make you think when you compare what could've happend to CL at about 5am in York on that Thursday morning (although again we can't rule it out all happening on Wednesday evening!)

My head is hurting again.
You are right two lines of thought 18th or 19th?
N4 or not the N4 that is the question!!
It’s not at her house in my opinion, the rucksack is gone - so it’s either she went elsewhere on the 18th or somehow left her house on the 19th from the front door without being seen on cctv.
What’s the motive if one of the four AC? DR? SR? PR? If PR was dating CL wether behind someone’s back or not the others would surely know - would any of the three A - be dating her knowing pr is there already? Or B - harm her? So for me by process of elimination it can only be 1 of the four. It’s a third party - then why haven’t the N4 broken cover and gone to the press or made a complaint against the police?

Its def something police are investigating the poss use of a warrant card @UKjester.

He worked at the Palace of Westminster as did Sarah they both had lockers there.
We know Claudia held a work locker too.
Huh? I know its late - how does CL fit into this?
Edited to remove first question as I see its been solved.

Last edited:
I don't doubt your research, I'm shocked there may be a link between them.
Coming late to the party here - but how can they be linked? Claudia went missing in 2009 and WC didn't start working for the MET until 2018.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member