Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to this article = yes.
In one study involving four dogs and their handlers, Jacobi says the dogs were able to detect remains at all stages of decomposition. Performance varied between dogs, but some could locate skeletonised remains buried in an area of 300ft by 150ft. "The few single human vertebrae I used in the study were well over 25 years old, and dry bone," Jacobi says. "This made the discovery of one of these vertebrae, which we buried in dense woods 2ft deep, by a cadaver dog pretty remarkable."
The CSI death dogs: Sniffing out the truth behind the crime-scene

Wonder if Police were selective in their searches with cadaver dogs. I imagine the Police ignored/disregarded a lot of the calls made by the public as being too remote to be feasible. Perhaps if the dogs were used to search all potential leads they received the Police may be nearer to finding the truth

Wonder if Police were selective in their searches with cadaver dogs. I imagine the Police ignored/disregarded a lot of the calls made by the public as being too remote to be feasible. Perhaps if the dogs were used to search all potential leads they received the Police may be nearer to finding the truth
If you know of such a place or strong suspicions please tell the police again.
No one is going to do it for you .
It looks as if police were convinced they only had to search in a 10 mile radius because of her phone !They are assuming CL and her phone never parted company ...

So you believe the person that harmed CL reads and contributes on this site ?
Definitely.

And in terms of how they have dealt with what they did, I think they will either be cocky as hell or bricking themselves reading this. We all hope it's the latter.

I think we pretty much agree that more than one person is guilty. So their anxieties may be increased knowing their safety depends on others maintaining silence. Knowing one would implicate all may be reassuring. Also, blood is thicker than water.

Sorry everyone. I thought that meant deleted by me. I must have pressed reply by accident and then I got a quote in the reply box. It wouldn't be deleleted and I unwatched thread and then watched again and it was still there. In my defence I must have had a geriatric nap at the time

Did the Police use cadaver dogs in their searches, also can cadaver dogs detect human remains that have been buried for 10 years or more.?
They did use Cadaver dogs. There was a report that dogs followed a scent to river but police wouldn't dive the area on instruction of a more senior police officer.

They did use Cadaver dogs. There was a report that dogs followed a scent to river but police wouldn't dive the area on instruction of a more senior police officer.
I think this could be crucial information.The area should be searched properly.Also could a boat be moored there!
I don’t understand the use of dogs then not listening to what they are telling you !

Is it possible / allowed for you to post the said response?
Hi PopeJohn3, the original post was removed (and poster blocked!!!) by the admin on the Missing Person Claudia Lawrence FB site but it is now currently visible and actively being discussed on The Mystery of Claudia Lawrence FB group site....which is a very active group if anyone wants to join it - I would suggest you do. It includes the original discussion between Draven and JK (short reply) and SC (longer response).

I was recently reading about 2 other investigations to come out of CL disappearance, operation ROME & HYSON which I was never aware of, but am rather shocked if true, that more money was spent on these investigations, than was on the CL investigation. Anyone know more regarding these?

I was recently reading about 2 other investigations to come out of CL disappearance, operation ROME & HYSON which I was never aware of, but am rather shocked if true, that more money was spent on these investigations, than was on the CL investigation. Anyone know more regarding these?
The criticism as far as this case goes is that more was spent trying to stop freedom of speech than to investigate what happened to Claudia.
here is the article:
North Yorks Enquirer | Operation Hyson Featured In ‘Private Eye’

do you have a link @MajorLang ? I can then put it on the media thread. Love your tagline BTW :)

Hi PopeJohn3, the original post was removed (and poster blocked!!!) by the admin on the Missing Person Claudia Lawrence FB site but it is now currently visible and actively being discussed on The Mystery of Claudia Lawrence FB group site....which is a very active group if anyone wants to join it - I would suggest you do. It includes the original discussion between Draven and JK (short reply) and SC (longer response).
For competeness here:
Draven initiated a very good post in the group which challenged "Friends" of Claudia. I threw myself in to support Draven and #Jen King and Suzy Cooper who respnded to my questions. Suzy more pr
do you have a link @MajorLang ? I can then put it on the media thread. Love your tagline BTW :)
Thanks-I used to love playing Cluedo and have now elevated myself to this site :)

Link:
Have a grieving mother and an ex-cop solved the eight-year murder mystery of Claudia Lawrence?

I have been studying Press Releases on Claudia over the last few days and thought I would share this one with you all that you may well have seen before?:

Missing chef Claudia Lawrence's best pal tells of heartbreaking 10-year search

This interview took place in February of this year.

Not long after Claudia moved to the area in 2007, Jen King, Barmaid at The Nags Head, 4 doors down moved in as a lodger. Jen still dreams about Claudia Today:

In her dream Jen describes-“Claudia kind of goes all coy as she tries to explain where she’s been — and she says to me, ‘Well, you know, it just spiralled out of control’,says Jen.

“And then I wake up and realise it’s not true. If only it was. I don’t think for one moment she’s responsible for herself going missing, but that’s what it’s like in my dream.”

Jen, 34, who once shared a house with Claudia, still lives in hope that detectives’ fears are wrong — and that the York chef, who should be celebrating her 45th birthday next week, was not murdered after she vanished in March, 2009.

Jen also said- “If she is dead, I want to be able to lay her to rest. And if she’s still alive, I want her to be home so we can begin to put her back together again.”

END

If I met Jen King I would want to ask her the following questions”

Jen, What spiralled out of control?

How do you know that she was not responsible for herself going missing?

Why would you need to put her back together again?

What does she mean by this??

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-09-10 at 11.38.37.png
    Screenshot 2019-09-10 at 11.38.37.png
    532.7 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
I have been studying Press Releases on Claudia over the last few days and thought I would share this one with you all that you may well have seen before?:

Missing chef Claudia Lawrence's best pal tells of heartbreaking 10-year search

This interview took place in February of this year.

Not long after Claudia moved to the area in 2007, Jen King, Barmaid at The Nags Head, 4 doors down moved in as a lodger. Jen still dreams about Claudia Today:

In her dream Jen describes-“Claudia kind of goes all coy as she tries to explain where she’s been — and she says to me, ‘Well, you know, it just spiralled out of control’,says Jen.

“And then I wake up and realise it’s not true. If only it was. I don’t think for one moment she’s responsible for herself going missing, but that’s what it’s like in my dream.”

Jen, 34, who once shared a house with Claudia, still lives in hope that detectives’ fears are wrong — and that the York chef, who should be celebrating her 45th birthday next week, was not murdered after she vanished in March, 2009.

Jen also said- “If she is dead, I want to be able to lay her to rest. And if she’s still alive, I want her to be home so we can begin to put her back together again.”

END

If I met Jen King I would want to ask her the following questions”

Jen, What spiralled out of control?

How do you know that she was not responsible for herself going missing?

Why would you need to put her back together again?

What does she mean by this??
Can you add just one more question please:
Who did you have in mind when on Dassi ( ?) programme you looked down and avoided the camera while saying...”He started it he has to finish it “ ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills