UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, York University, 18 March 2009 - Chef - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This case just continues to baffle me so much. I remember reading that CCTV picked up a car outside Claudias house the night before she went missing. So surely any movement at her front door could be picked up? If I remember rightly you can see her house in the still of the car. Could the police not use this to see if she left the next morning?

I just struggle to see how she could have left her house of her own accord without either being picked up on that CCTV or the CCTV that shows the back way round. Such a mystery.

I'm still being drawn to the old bakery/railway bridge. I read back through this thread earlier and someone that new the area well mentioned an old railway in the first 10 pages. Do we know anymore about where possible old bridges would be?

This case just continues to baffle me so much. I remember reading that CCTV picked up a car outside Claudias house the night before she went missing. So surely any movement at her front door could be picked up? If I remember rightly you can see her house in the still of the car. Could the police not use this to see if she left the next morning?

I just struggle to see how she could have left her house of her own accord without either being picked up on that CCTV or the CCTV that shows the back way round. Such a mystery.

I'm still being drawn to the old bakery/railway bridge. I read back through this thread earlier and someone that new the area well mentioned an old railway in the first 10 pages. Do we know anymore about where possible old bridges would be?

The CCTV that picked up the parked car opposite Claudia's house was from a passing bus, I don't think it was parked there all night. As far as I can tell there was no CCTV on her walking route to work until the Melrosegate bridge post office, which I believe was about half way along her route.

I don't think there is any CCTV which covers her house directly. The white Astra van parked opposite her house at 9pm on Wed 18th March was caught on the CCTV of a passing bus.

http://www.northyorkshire.police.uk/13156

ETA Oops snap!

There could be many possibilities but when you say old bakery/railway bridge in the area, the one that jumps to my attention is the bridge in Tang Hall lane, there used to be a bakery next to it, I'm talking a long time ago, when I was a kid. I believe it's now a nail/hair salon.

Streetview link
The end building, with the pink gate to the right, when I was at school, it was a bakery.

ETA: just to add, it is also just a few yards from the Co-op, where the man they have never found was said to have told staff he knew Claudia. And also just along the same row of shops there IS a Thomas the bakers, and there has been a bakery along there in other buildings over the years.

On the original Crimewatch video it's said her friend dropped her off at home but she was seen later walking back towards home. View from 3.36min.
On the reconstruction it appears she wasn't carrying shopping so could she had gone to walk to East Parade to see if somebody was in?
http://www.northyorkshire.police.uk/13150

Interesting video from Crimewatch. Her home looks lovely.

A couple of points: no mention of her phone call with her dad (though it mentions her mum called), or that her straighteners are missing.

Also, I hadn't known she had been dropped home on Weds by a colleague, but was then spotted 15 mins later walking back towards her home. Where had she been?

A couple of points: no mention of her phone call with her dad (though it mentions her mum called), or that her straighteners are missing.

Also, I hadn't known she had been dropped home on Weds by a colleague, but was then spotted 15 mins later walking back towards her home. Where had she been?

Think she may have gone to post a letter, shall check the timeline.

On the original Crimewatch video it's said her friend dropped her off at home but she was seen later walking back towards home. View from 3.36min.
On the reconstruction it appears she wasn't carrying shopping so could she had gone to walk to East Parade to see if somebody was in?
http://www.northyorkshire.police.uk/13150

From the text above the video:-

Claudia was last sighted at around 3.05pm on Wednesday 18 March at the junction of Heworth Road and East Parade walking back towards her home on Heworth Road.

FWIW RC's family claimed that he didn't know her at all.

“His houses were searched as part of the ongoing investigation into her disappearance. He did not know her whatsoever.”

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/465..._a_suspect_in_Claudia_Lawrence_investigation/

Re phone call with her Dad. It is mentioned on the NYP site though, it's just that the last call with with her mum so I guess that's why it's mentioned in the video
19:27
Claudia and her father, Peter Lawrence, speak on the phone.
20:08 - 20:27
Claudia exchanges texts with friends.
20:04 - 20:14
Claudia and her mother, Joan Lawrence, speak on the phone.
21:12
Last text received on Claudia's phone. She does not reply to this text.

Re Straigteners. When the Major Crime Unit took over the investigation they were the ones who released the info re the missing straigteners. I believe this was because they didn't think she would have taken them to work and therefore they could be significant, perhaps indicating that she didn't spend the night at home? Subsequent to the 19th March 2014 Crimewatch programme, they received info that sometimes she did take them to work so I guess they became less of a clue.

http://www.northyorkshire.police.uk/13171

Her home did look nice and tidy. From the link above there are photos of hair dye. Assuming these were actually found in her house it seems to me that dying her hair might have been a very recent activity. I did wonder if the open container might suggest that she had been interupted during, or shortly after the activity.

Think she may have gone to post a letter, shall check the timeline.

I thought that she posted the letter at the Melrosegate Post Office whilst walking from work to home before being offered a lift to her door.

This link times the posting of the letter at 14:47 http://www.northyorkshire.police.uk/13196

IIRC, it was stated that she got home at about 14:50. Google maps says it's a 3 minute drive from Melrosegate PO to her house so that would fit timing wise.

''Claudia was last sighted at around 3.05pm on Wednesday 18 March at the junction of Heworth Road and East Parade walking back towards her home on Heworth Road.''

So, if Claudia was dropped off at home at 2.50pm and was sighted on the corner of E.Parade and Heworth Road at 3.05pm without her bag (assuming she must have dropped that in home) how far can you get in 15mins?
The letter posting was before she got her lift I believe, correct me if I'm wrong.

Is there a cash machine near Costcutters on the corner? She could have put a card/money in her jeans pocket. ??

3:49 mins into the 2nd June 2009 Crimewatch video it states that "she wasn't on the local shop CCTV". Anybody have an idea where that CCTV is?

I think the Police might have mentioned activity on her account and said we know she visited the cash machine at 3pm. I also think it's possible she didn't have funds as her mother/father offered her the money for a taxi to work. But it's just my opinion. IF she went to call on somebody and they were out maybe she went again after the call to her mother.

3:49 mins into the 2nd June 2009 Crimewatch video it states that "she wasn't on the local shop CCTV". Anybody have an idea where that CCTV is?

I'm guessing Costcutter would have cctv but I'm not sure of the other shops. Co op stores carry cctv too.

About the dye - it looks like blonde dye but Claudia's hair was much darker at the time of her disappearence and it seemed she had a preference for darker hair at that time.

I'm also sure that the police will have done a "gait analysis" on the man in the video and will know whether the two men are one and the same.

I thought that she posted the letter at the Melrosegate Post Office whilst walking from work to home before being offered a lift to her door.

This link times the posting of the letter at 14:47 http://www.northyorkshire.police.uk/13196

IIRC, it was stated that she got home at about 14:50. Google maps says it's a 3 minute drive from Melrosegate PO to her house so that would fit timing wise.
Did they ever find out what and to who she posted??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saglimtas20