UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, York University, 18 March 2009 - Chef - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Nikynoo I am not sure really but of all the nasty comments on FB, I thought that this was up there as one of the worst. it was posted on FB around the period of 15th May 2010 and here are the messages that responded. This exchange of anger was only raised by another FB member in August 2018 as possibly relevant to the case.
It could have been a man or woman scorned.
mmm, thank you.

Re the Hair Dye discussion.

Looking at the photos on the NYP website, it would appear to me that these were arrnged for photography purposes and were not left like this by Claudia. Also, looking at the pictures all of the bleach satchets are unopened - there are no photos of any that have been opened. The containers show a small amount of bleach - IMO not enough to colour someone elses hair to any degree, and also a container that held more of a darker colour. What is interesting is that the Herbal Essences hair dye is BROWN. IMO, Claudia coloured her own hair, maintaining the brown that her hairdresser was changing CL back too, and perhaps a few highlights, to break up the colour. IMO, CL did not colour someone else's hair that evening - I'm not even sure she did her own hair that evening. Perhaps they were from a different night and were discarded in the bin?

Reading through the lastest posts, I have the following questions:
  1. what was Claudias work pattern? Was it a regular pattern or did it change (e.g. earlys and lates)?
  2. was the early starts a sudden change in pattern or was it just a change over to another shift?
  3. If, it was a sudden change to earlys and the thinking was this was a planned abduction - who would know about the sudden change or even any change in Claudias work pattern?

Re the Hair Dye discussion.

Looking at the photos on the NYP website, it would appear to me that these were arrnged for photography purposes and were not left like this by Claudia. Also, looking at the pictures all of the bleach satchets are unopened - there are no photos of any that have been opened. The containers show a small amount of bleach - IMO not enough to colour someone elses hair to any degree, and also a container that held more of a darker colour. What is interesting is that the Herbal Essences hair dye is BROWN. IMO, Claudia coloured her own hair, maintaining the brown that her hairdresser was changing CL back too, and perhaps a few highlights, to break up the colour. IMO, CL did not colour someone else's hair that evening - I'm not even sure she did her own hair that evening. Perhaps they were from a different night and were discarded in the bin?
Or perhaps the Police were sending out a subliminal message to one of the perps as we know they have done?

Claudia was beautiful and popular.How did she celebrate her birthday?
With whom and where ?
What presents did she receive ?
This was about three weeks before she disappeared.
I can’t believe Birthday snaps don’t exist.
Did she have the use of her car or her father’s car then ?!

Reading through the lastest posts, I have the following questions:
  1. what was Claudias work pattern? Was it a regular pattern or did it change (e.g. earlys and lates)?
  2. was the early starts a sudden change in pattern or was it just a change over to another shift?
  3. If, it was a sudden change to earlys and the thinking was this was a planned abduction - who would know about the sudden change or even any change in Claudias work pattern?
@Nikynoo Firstly, I don't believe that she was aprehended on the way to work but at home or where she may have gone to on the night of 18th. (She may not have gone very far or she may have been lured out to somewhere close by) People talk about there being no struggle or murder scene signs but say Asphyxiation would not necessarily leave any particular trail of destruction particularly if she was drugged or asleep at the time.
Your point re her shift pattern is a good one. So far I have not seen any evidence of her working other shifts but Im sure that she must have, she may of course preferred the early shift? Her employer has been bizarely silent from the beginning, probably due to not wishing to create any reputational risk for the UNI as some have already said.

Claudia was beautiful and popular.How did she celebrate her birthday?
With whom and where ?
What presents did she receive ?
This was about three weeks before she disappeared.
I can’t believe Birthday snaps don’t exist.
Did she have the use of her car or her father’s car then ?!
@Popejohn3 Given that most weekends were party time for Claudia, what would be the relevance of her Birthday here?

@Popejohn3 Given that most weekends were party time for Claudia, what would be the relevance of her Birthday here?
I can answer your question in a private message.But meanwhile others might be able to answer my questions here in the open ? Please ?!

Did CL only have a mobile phone? No landline?
I was just thinking that if she had made arrangements to get a lift to work there would be some phone, text evidence of that. Even if it was verbal, wouldn't you try to confirm that with a quick text, 'see you outside at ***' .
The missing chefs whites bother me more than the hair straighteners. She either packed them the night before for the morning, or packed them in the morning, or someone else took them, maybe as a job lot with her phone, straighteners, in her bag.
I wonder if she usually took the straighteners to work, a hot kitchen is horrible on straightened hair.
Just random ramblings on a Monday. Moo
ETA Did she have more than one set of Whites?

Did CL only have a mobile phone? No landline?
I was just thinking that if she had made arrangements to get a lift to work there would be some phone, text evidence of that. Even if it was verbal, wouldn't you try to confirm that with a quick text, 'see you outside at ***' .
The missing chefs whites bother me more than the hair straighteners. She either packed them the night before for the morning, or packed them in the morning, or someone else took them, maybe as a job lot with her phone, straighteners, in her bag.
I wonder if she usually took the straighteners to work, a hot kitchen is horrible on straightened hair.
Just random ramblings on a Monday. Moo
ETA Did she have more than one set of Whites?
You would think so these have to be kept clean .possibly chef’s knives too ?

I wonder if the neighbours on either side of CL made any public comments about this case?
Sketchy people walking about at odd hours etc.
@Mind your biscuits I thought that earlier on but this was probably the Norm at Claudias. We never got any of the "She was a quiet lovely girl who ("kept herself to herself")- ("always had the time of day for you") comments.
Lovely girl but was she a good neighbour? The occupiers of the house before Claudia only stayed for just over a year as reportedly on Rightmove they didn't like the area-Not surprising really.

Last edited:
Don’t know what you mean
I was referring to people arriving late from the pub and leaving early in the morning
Do you know that her mother is writing a book ... from what I’ve read ?
Also just curious with these ‘exclusives ‘ by her family and friends... do they get any money in return ?

Do you know that her mother is writing a book ... from what I’ve read ?
Also just curious with these ‘exclusives ‘ by her family and friends... do they get any money in return ?
I didn't know this and I'm not sure if they do but I would hope that the money goes to a charity like missing persons-I'm sure it will.
With all of the material it would make a good crime drama series-Not a documentary type as we don't want the usual suspects-Ex police investigators who spend hours telling you what's happened and at the end you are waiting for some earth shattering fact to emerge and it never comes and you think-Nice work if you can get it :);)
Personally if we go on what the mother has said thus far it would be full of negativity directed at her Ex husband. A man who has worked night and day to try and get the police to keep their focus. I would prefer if he wrote it.

I didn't know this and I'm not sure if they do but I would hope that the money goes to a charity like missing persons-I'm sure it will.
With all of the material it would make a good crime drama series-Not a documentary type as we don't want the usual suspects-Ex police investigators who spend hours telling you what's happened and at the end you are waiting for some earth shattering fact to emerge and it never comes and you think-Nice work if you can get it :);)
Personally if we go on what the mother has said thus far it would be full of negativity directed at her Ex husband. A man who has worked night and day to try and get the police to keep their focus. I would prefer if he wrote it.
Neil shoots p
I’m sure Mr Lawrence was contacted big time for ‘Gone’ by Neil Root
Yes it would be a good crime drama but can’t be done until we have an ending.
I hope Mr Lawrence is feeling better now .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rwiz