UK - Colin Pitchfork, Child Killer May Be Released From Prison

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Double child killer and rapist Colin Pitchfork has been granted parole and will be released from prison.
Pitchfork was jailed for life for raping and strangling two 15-year-old girls, Lynda Mann and Dawn Ashworth, in Leicestershire in 1983 and 1986.
The 63-year-old was released in 2021, before being arrested and sent back to prison two months later.
Following a hearing held in private in April, the Parole Board has decided Pitchfork can be released.
In its decision, the Parole Board "determined that it was no longer necessary for the protection of the public for Mr Pitchfork to remain confined and thereby directed his release".
"The prisoner had committed shocking, serious offences, causing immeasurable harm to his victims," it said.
"The panel noted that Mr Pitchfork has been in prison for a very long time. His behaviour for almost all of that time has not caused any concern... and the evidence before the panel demonstrated that he had learnt the lessons that he had been taught and had worked out how to apply them in practice."
The blood of future victims will be on the hands of every single one of them.

The last time they let him out, the first thing he did was show predatory behaviour towards teenage girls. What do they think will have happened to change him so completely in a scant year or two?

Also, it should be a no-brainer that prison, and how people behave in prison, is not an analogue for real life and how sexual and violent offenders will behave on the outside.

MOO

The blood of future victims will be on the hands of every single one of them.

The last time they let him out, the first thing he did was show predatory behaviour towards teenage girls. What do they think will have happened to change him so completely in a scant year or two?

Also, it should be a no-brainer that prison, and how people behave in prison, is not an analogue for real life and how sexual and violent offenders will behave on the outside.

MOO
I absolutely hate Britain sometimes. The broken justice system prioritises the feelings and "rehabilitation" of abusive men forever over the lives of victims. No convicted killer/rapist/abuser should ever set foot outside of a prison if you ask me.

I absolutely hate Britain sometimes. The broken justice system prioritises the feelings and "rehabilitation" of abusive men forever over the lives of victims. No convicted killer/rapist/abuser should ever set foot outside of a prison if you ask me.
I'm furious that because he 'learnt his lessons', there's a young girl walking around, blithely unaware that in her future, she will cross paths with this man.

He played the game, and because he was controlled and patient and made nice, some girl is in all likelihood going to be violated and murdered.

I've rarely felt so incandescent with rage, and so helpless.

MOO

I'm furious that because he 'learnt his lessons', there's a young girl walking around, blithely unaware that in her future, she will cross paths with this man.

He played the game, and because he was controlled and patient and made nice, some girl is in all likelihood going to be violated and murdered.

I've rarely felt so incandescent with rage, and so helpless.

MOO
It's like they don't realise abusers put on a nice face for others and are manipulative. It's disgusting and an absolute insult to those who were killed.

It's like they don't realise abusers put on a nice face for others and are manipulative. It's disgusting and an absolute insult to those who were killed.
And people are going to underestimate him because of his age. I spent last week reading the threads about Cherish Perrywinkle. Her killer had been out of prison I think only three weeks. He was a lifelong sexual offender. He abducted, raped and murdered Cherish. He was also older, in his late fifties. He'd spent the evening grooming Cherish and her mother, promising to buy them things with gift cards. Cherish's mother said she trusted him because of how he presented himself, as a kind old man, wanting to help her out when he saw her putting items she couldn't afford back on the shelves.

I believe there are people out there who make bad choices and do the work pulling on what resources are available to them inside to change - get therapy, get off drugs, get an education. Some people come from situations where crime is inevitable - poverty, family criminality, abusive or coercive situations. And I applaud those who do everything they can to break the cycles of behaviour and go a different direction.

I also think there is enough evidence out there that habitual and violent sexual offenders cannot be rehabilitated, only contained. There have been enough studies done on offenders, enough numbers gathered on recidivism. These people don't change, they just learn to mimic what parole boards want to see.

When a dog attacks a child, we euthanase it. We don't put it in a cage for a while and then say, 'well, it's behaved nicely in the cage, so we're going to let it play with the children again'. We don't take the risk. Why do we take the risk when the vicious dog is a human being? Why do the vicious dog's rights trump the child's?

MOO

Double child murderer and rapist Colin Pitchfork will not be released from prison, the Parole Board has ruled.
Pitchfork was jailed for life for raping and strangling two 15-year-old girls, Lynda Mann and Dawn Ashworth, in Leicestershire in 1983 and 1986.
After being released and then recalled in 2021, the 63-year-old was again granted parole in June, but this decision was challenged by ministers.
Now the Parole Board has decided against releasing Pitchfork.

Thank goodness!!

Double child murderer and rapist Colin Pitchfork will not be released from prison, the Parole Board has ruled.
After being released and then recalled in 2021, the 63-year-old was again granted parole in June, but this decision was challenged by ministers.
Now the Parole Board has decided against releasing Pitchfork.

Thank goodness!!
Happy day. He needs to spend the rest of his life behind bars.

MOO

The next parole hearing for double child killer and rapist Colin Pitchfork will be held in public in July, the Parole Board has ruled.
Caroline Corby, Parole Board chairwoman, said: "I have carefully considered Mr Pitchfork's representations and I have concluded that the interests of justice outweigh the points raised on Mr Pitchfork's behalf.
"The hearing itself will take place at a face-to-face hearing with the parties and panel at a secure location. However, arrangements will be made for members of the public to view the hearing remotely at a place where they will be able to more easily attend."

Double child killer Colin Pitchfork's parole hearing suffers last-minute delay​

A public parole hearing for double child killer Colin Pitchfork has suffered a last-minute delay. The mother of one of his victims has revealed her frustration at the setback.

However, that hearing has now been postponed amid a reported "very recent development" according to the Mirror. Exact details behind the move are unclear, but "fresh information" gained by the Parole Board is believed to be the reason.

Public Hearing Decision for the Case of Colin Pitchfork.

There’s a 14 page pdf document that can be read on above link giving reasons why it should be held in public.

Pitchfork’s case is a good example of why whole life sentences ultimately save time, effort and resource in the criminal justice system, and crucially, the pain of the victims’ families for those cases where they are justified. No doubt a man who committed Pitchfork’s crime in the modern era (multiple child victims, sexual motivation etc) would receive a whole life sentence.

The number of legal challenges, the releasing Pitchfork and having to recall him, the pain of families who had two fifteen-year-old daughters raped and murdered years ago and now have to watch endless back and forth about whether their murderer gets his freedom when their daughters have been robbed of nearly all their lives, all of this in some attempt at “justice” because of disastrous sentencing policy in the 1980s that thought even sadistic murderers of children should be given another chance. Here in 2024, everyone pays the price. A lesson to bear in mind if any government starts chipping away at the justified whole life sentences for the worst of the worst.

The Parole Board said on Thursday that the allegations were "in respect of relatively recent conduct" and apologised for the "increased stress" on the families of the victims. Pitchfork was jailed for life in 1988 after raping and strangling 15-year-old girls Lynda Mann and Dawn Ashworth in Leicestershire in 1983 and 1986
Lynda Mann was killed by Pitchfork in 1983

Pitchfork murdered Dawn Ashworth in 1986

"We regret that as a result of material changes in circumstances there has had to be a change of decision in relation to the nature of the hearing, which will no longer be held in public. It has been caused by unforeseeable developments including fresh allegations in respect of relatively recent conduct.

"A copy of the public hearing decision, made by the panel chair using their delegated authority, will be published on the Parole Board website, when available. We would like to apologise again for the increased stress that both the adjournment and the subsequent public hearing decision may have on the victims

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back