Found Deceased UK - Colin Vasey, 81, Dewsbury, 17 Nov 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
His family believe he may be lonely following the death of his wife Eileen in March.

Colin Vasey: What we know about the search for missing Dewsbury pensioner

If this next bit isn't allowed please delete. His daughter has posted on the Find Colin Vasey facebook page that he took a bottle of water with him from home, and when he left he posted his house keys back through the letterbox.

Tuesday 17th December 2019,

Officers searching for Colin Vasey have found the body of a man in the river.

Police divers searching the River Calder discovered the body near to the building yard at Horbury Bridge at around 12.50pm today (17/12).

Formal identification has yet to take place but Mr Vasey’s family has been informed.

Body Found in Search For Missing Man Colin Vasey | West Yorkshire Police

So that's about 5 miles downstream from where he was last seen. But it's not a straight stretch of river, there are quite a few almost S shaped meanderings. Still, I am surprised he wasn't found before now with so many searchers out and checking the river.

So that's about 5 miles downstream from where he was last seen. But it's not a straight stretch of river, there are quite a few almost S shaped meanderings. Still, I am surprised he wasn't found before now with so many searchers out and checking the river.

I'm surprised too. I reckon he's been in there since the morning he disappeared, exactly a month.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsHansford24
Back