UK - Constable arrested in murder of Claire Parry, 41, near Bournemouth; she died 10 May 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

thejeangenie

Reaction score
Constable charged with murder after woman dies in Dorset hospital (Guardian)

A police officer has been charged with murder following the death of a woman near Bournemouth.

Officers were called to the car park of the Horns Inn in Christchurch Road, West Parley, Dorset, on Saturday afternoon after the ambulance service reported two people needed medical assistance.

Claire Parry, 41, from Bournemouth, was taken to Royal Bournemouth hospital for treatment but died on Sunday morning.

Timothy Brehmer, 41, a constable with Dorset police, who was said to be known to the victim, was arrested at the scene of the incident and taken to Poole hospital for treatment to injuries to his arms.
He was released the re-arrested on suspicion of murder following Parry’s death. More at the link.

I wonder if Horn's Inn was in operation at the time, in these days of Covid. Wait, the DM article describes it as "shuttered," and also mentions the principals were engaged in a 10-year extramarital affair, in typical tabloid style.

The trial started on Monday at Salisbury Crown Court.

A few snippets from the attached article, more to read at link -

Salisbury Crown Court heard yesterday how Brehmer and Mrs Parry, also 41 and of Bournemouth, met at the car park and started arguing at around 3pm.

After the row, Mrs Parry died of a brain injury due to compression to her neck – Brehmer claims he was trying to get her out the car and “went too far”, denying murder, admitting manslaughter.

First-aid trained Mark Herridge arrived on the scene and he and Mr Bartlett went to the car and could see Mrs Parry “hanging out the driver’s side door”.

“I believe he said she had stabbed him, and he had never seen her so angry.”

Mr Herridge took over the 999 call from Mrs Bartlett and he told the operator he didn’t know if Brehmer had been stabbed but he had three lacerations to his left wrist.

It was later discovered the wounds were self-inflicted.

Nurse killed by police officer lover said he "broke her", trial hears

Martha Brehmer recalled waiting and worrying at home as her husband was allegedly murdering Mrs Parry in his car.

At 2.44pm he texted her saying 'on my way, fastest speed possible' but minutes later she received a text saying, 'I'm cheating on you'.

The text was actually sent by Mrs Parry on the defendant's phone in the minutes before she suffered her fatal injury, the court heard.

Mrs Brehmer, a detective with Dorset Police, believed her husband was out picking up some steak for their barbecue.

[...]

It is alleged Brehmer killed Mrs Parry in his car outside the Horns Inn in West Parley, Dorset, where, after an argument, he strangled her with such force that he broke a bone in her neck.

Brehmer claims he was 'simply robustly trying to get her out of the car'.

[...]

And first aid-trained passer-by Mark Herridge described Mrs Parry's lifeless body hanging out of the car.

He said: 'Her upper body and head were hanging out of the car... her face was compressed against the ground. Her eyes were wide open.

'Her leg was wrapped around the gearstick and the other was on the passenger seat.

'[She had] a blue face and blue lips. Part of her face was yellow with blood in her mouth and leaves from the ground.

'The victim unfortunately seemed lifeless.'

Police officer accused of murdering mistress 'treated detective as a piece of meat' | Daily Mail Online

Paramedics told the court that they were called to the Horns Inn in Christchurch Road, West Parley, to the defendant who had suffered stab wounds from a penknife to his arm.

[...]

Colleague Thomas Hull said that he saw a red band mark across Mrs Parry’s throat and said he carried out chest compressions.

[...]

“She told my wife, I don’t remember the rest.”

Jurors were being shown the car on Wednesday after it was brought to the court car park for them to view.

Paramedics describe bid to save life of nurse allegedly strangled by lover more to read at link

I'm not sure the mark on her neck sounds like it was caused by the crook of his arm, as previously introduced by the prosecutor. I suppose it could if it was a wide mark.

Tragic for everyone, but really- they do not live in a backward place, divorce is available so that people do not have to cheat, lie and hurt others. imo.
Car where police officer strangled his lover to death is brought to murder trial | Daily Mail Online
34338422-8839067-PC_Timothy_Brehmer-a-25_1602688501633.jpg

+10
34338414-8839067-Victim_Claire_Parry-a-26_1602688501633.jpg

PC Timothy Brehmer is accused of murdering his mistress, mother-of-two Claire Parry (righ

This report gives some details about the blood distribution inside the car but doesn't say whose blood it is. I noted that Claire had blood in her mouth but if I had to guess I think it's probably more likely that the blood was from his self-inflicted wounds and he's tried to manipulate the scene before he's walked away from the car and waited for someone to come to his aid. I find it very odd that it's his car but Claire was left hanging out of the driver's door. I'll summarise the details in bullet points -

• a blood-stained white sockette was found in front of the car (there is video of him walking across the carpark in the DM article, hard to tell if he only has one sock on or not, so not sure if it's his or Claire's)
  • moderate amount of blood on the driver's seat more concentrated where one would sit than in other places (I'm speculating that if this is his blood he moved her there after he'd cut himself)
  • driver's side floor mat heavily stained with pool of blood
  • blood in other places - centre console, around gear stick, steering wheel, passenger door sill, sunglasses, Claire's phone
  • white ladies' shoe (not clear if it was blood stained or not) tread marks found on dashboard
  • His phone found in the car had been factory reset (I note he didn't call for an ambulance)
  • He uttered to the emergency responder that he'd been stabbed, "God she has kids" and "what's my mother going to think?" and his statements in the ambulance change from "I'm going to lose my boy" to his son is not going to want him anymore.

I wonder if he'll be giving evidence. If he does he'll probably say he doesn't remember anything. I very much doubt that Claire factory reset his phone. I imagine there was an awful lot of stuff on it that he didn't want police to find, which sounds like clear and calculated thinking to me. It's hard to tell from the evidence reported whether Claire was always sitting in the driver's seat or if this was staging.

Car of police officer accused of murder was "heavily stained" with blood, court hears

Going through yesterday's live reporting, I thought this was worth quoting -

11:49am

Officer Jonathan Speedan arrived at 3.46pm, the court hears.

"The ambulance crews were already there, giving medical treatment to a man on the floor, i was also aware of a female getting medical attention.

"I knew the man was Brehmer and he was very hysterical, I was concerned who had caused the injuries."

11:49am

"I asked Tim who caused the injuries, he said 'she did'."

As it happened: Day three of trial for Dorset Police officer accused of murdering married nurse

It doesn't make sense to me that he would try and get her out of the car by lying on top of her with the crook of his elbow underneath her neck, not realising he is strangling her with enough force to break bones in her neck.

He can't account for the 23 minutes between her text to his wife and him leaving the car.

What makes more sense to me is that sitting in the driver's seat he's strangled her by pulling her towards him with the crook of his elbow. Her feet went up on the dash during her struggle, pushing against him. Then he's tried to think of a way of explaining it. So he's stabbed himself with the aim of saying she stabbed him (as he did say at first) and he strangled her during a struggle to restrain her. But then he's realised she hasn't got blood on her which she would do if she stabbed him and then he restrained her with that arm, and now she is lying towards him, feet towards the door, and is a dead weight. So he's carried out this non-sensical manoevre of trying to push her through the car with his weight on top of her, with the crook of his elbow around her neck, to explain her position and how she's ended up strangled.

"I wanted to tell my wife because that was fair, and she had taken that ability away from me by making me meet up with her.

"I just wanted her out my car that was it. I was trying everything to physically get her out the car, it wasn't the case that I strangled her to death in the car."

LIVE: updates as police officer Timothy Brehmer's murder trial enters second week

Tragic on so many levels and so many people hurt around.

I really hope they don't go easy on him just because he was police officer. He clearly had a knowledge of all procedures and it is evident he staged the crime scene and still blatanly lies in court. It is also evident he feels no guilt. Even though it was crime of passion mixed with sudden rage he still trying to justify his appalling actions of murdering her and even blaming her for what he did - that she took away from him chance to tell his wife himself. Yeeea, right.

Then (once again) blaming her for stabbing him. What an appalling behaviour.

Even though murder was not premeditated can he be charged with murder rather than manslaughter? Anyone know how many years he can be facing?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leahruss
Back