UK - Constance Marten & Mark Gordon charged, Newborn (found deceased), Bolton Greater Manchester, 5 Jan 2023 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

StillDiggin

Reaction score
Police are searching for a couple who have gone missing with their newborn baby after their car broke down on a motorway.
Constance Marten and Mark Gordon left the car near junction four of the M61 near Bolton on Thursday night and walked towards Anchor Lane bridge, Greater Manchester Police (GMP) said.
Officers believe Ms Marten had recently given birth and neither she nor her baby had seen medical professionals.
They are appealing for information.
The bridge the couple walked towards links the Highfield and Little Hulton areas.

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3 (thread pulled)
Thread #4

Last edited by a moderator:
As a reply to @Kittens re: co-sleeping

That is the current guidance yes. Although it has only just changed on the NHS website in the past couple of months IIRC.

It may be possible that when CM had her previous children it was different advice.

I would also say that given her description of how Victoria died (whilst she was sleeping sat up holding victoria), there's a possibility she has a history of unsafe co-sleeping - which does present a very real risk. MOO

Gordon appeared in court today wearing a light blue shirt and tie while Marten did not appear. Judge Mark Lucraft, KC, the Recorder of London, told the jury: 'We don't have Ms Marten on the link, a link is available, she may join us.'

Constance Marten's lover 'slid down in his seat' when a police car passed as he took a taxi with his aristocratic girlfriend and their newborn child, court told​

From the Mirror link posted above by Alyce:

Taxi driver Razvan Palcu was then approached by Marten in Colchester and asked if he would take her to East Ham. Marten paid over £100 upfront. Mr Palcu said: "The female told me to pull over as we needed to pick her husband up from the Castle Pub.

I wonder if he had been in the pub to buy alcohol for either one or both of them.

Last edited:
From the Mirror link posted above by Alyce:

Taxi driver Razvan Palcu was then approached by Marten in Colchester and asked if he would take her to East Ham. Marten paid over £100 upfront. Mr Palcu said: "The female told me to pull over as we needed to pick her husband up from the Castle Pub.

I wonder if he had been in the pub to buy alcohol for either one or both of them.
This is purely speculation based on personal experience but I've been asked in the past to do the taxi hailing when with a black male companion, because anecdotally taxi drivers tend not to stop otherwise.

Reported as CM's barristers (I think I have these in chronological order):

Lewis Power KC
Philip Sapsford KC
John Ryder KC (15 Jan 2024)
Tom Godfrey KC (today)

Are any of these acting on behalf of the same chambers? Partners, juniors, etc.

“Mark Gordon, 48, sat alone in the dock, covering his face while some of the footage was played before his lawyer John Femi-Ola KC asked the judge for a break, saying it was "distressing".
At that point, Mr Gordon held his head back against the wall, looking up at the ceiling.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member