UK - Constance Marten & Mark Gordon charged, Newborn (found deceased), Bolton Greater Manchester, 5 Jan 2023 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any evidence that CM and MG went to Peru or is it just a story? I'm wondering if the UK authorities would have given him consent to go there and also, if so, would the Peruvian authorities have agreed to have an incoming passenger with his convictions and conditional check in status?

Is there any evidence that CM and MG went to Peru or is it just a story? I'm wondering if the UK authorities would have given him consent to go there and also, if so, would the Peruvian authorities have agreed to have an incoming passenger with his convictions and conditional check in status?
Who knows. I wonder if they live in a fantasy world.

Idk, if this was already posted? Don't find it atm. It's worth a read, IMO. A lot of patience required by officers, when handling such a pair.

Looking at this website

You do not need a visa to travel from the UK to Peru as a tourist. Presumably MG had a passport from re-entering the UK, so apart from his checking in with police as on licence, I can't see that there would anything to stop him just buying a ticket and going! And CM presumably had plenty of money to purchase tickets for the both of them.

I am keen to see how the defence explains how Victoria slept between CM and MG in a sleeping bag in the tent (Argus today) when according to CM the baby had already died in Harwich (before they even purchased the tent and sleeping bag in London.)
Indeed CCTV footage at the kebab shop shows that Victoria was most definitely alive after Harwich. I don't think CM counted on the police having that footage when she made her police statement.
Good catch

Wonder what his motivation is for saying that? He doesn't want to get done for driving without a license/insurance? Insurance companies don't like having convictions
MG says and does what’s best for MG. Very likely he doesn’t have a UK driving license. Was arrested in USA probably before got one, if had USA one would have expired and in any event, would need to take theory & practical in UK as UK requires this if have US license.
He likes his girl CM because she is an ATM, needs to hang on to her for money.

(From the Argus live reporting)

Someone needs to tell CM to get her facts straight; if they were legally married in Peru then they're legally married here

Further details, specifically for Peru
Marriage in Peru - Getting married abroad - GOV.UK

Either she's lying, or it wasn't a legal ceremony in either Peru or the UK - just a handfasting or something equally non-legal.
She did not say they married legally in Peru, AFAIK, just they married in Peru, and it wasn't recognized in the UK, so if it were more of a symbolic marriage, as you mentioned, handfasting or similar, then She would have her facts straight.
I cannot find a link for the official Peruvian law. Still, several wedding websites and the US government sites say that to be legally married in Peru, one of them needs to be a Peruvian citizen, so by deduction, I'm guessing it was not a legal ceremony in Peru and thus not recognized in the UK, also not recognized in Peru but in her interview, she was in the UK and thus 'here' would be relevant at the time.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member