UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is indeed heartbreaking and especially with the wait before the search starts. Nicola here does confirm that the theory is Corrie was in one bin and phone in another and also that bins were taken for testing during the last HS area search. I'm surprised about the inconclusive results, though.
Also your theory too if I remember correctly.

Also your theory too if I remember correctly.

It is but there are many outstanding questions that need answers. The most concerning is how he could be missed between being in a the bin in BSE and arriving at the landfill if indeed they do find him.

The worse case scenario now is if they find him but can't determine COD and they have no evidence of a crime being committed.

There have not been many comments regarding the point made today that the phone may have been in use while on it's way to BM. I wondered what theories people have regarding this which is hardly likely to have been C using his phone whilst in a bin or bin lorry? Myself, I could only see that fitting an awol scenario unless a perp used C's phone, which would be pretty stupid, or it being a tindr or fab swingers situation which was consensual initially but ended badly. What do others think about this apparent new possibility? (Theories JMOO)

I haven't got a link to hand and would appreciate if someone could add it. I think it was yesterday that a few papers (Sun, Scottish Sun, Mirror?) said that Corrie's phone might have been 'in use' on its journey to BM, and they implied they got that possibility from the police?

Does anyone have that quote and a link?

Link: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/28775...re-searching-landfill-site-for-his-sons-body/

Thanks to Scorpio1 for the link!

Just bringing this link forward wrt my previous post.

Just bringing this link forward wrt my previous post.

There is a hyperlink in that Sun article that says "Corrie may have been using his phone at the time it was giving out signals." But on the linked article from 22nd of January there is no such quote from SP....?

There have not been many comments regarding the point made today that the phone may have been in use while on it's way to BM. I wondered what theories people have regarding this which is hardly likely to have been C using his phone whilst in a bin or bin lorry? Myself, I could only see that fitting an awol scenario unless a perp used C's phone, which would be pretty stupid, or it being a tindr or fab swingers situation which was consensual initially but ended badly. What do others think about this apparent new possibility? (Theories JMOO)
I don't know anymore, don't have any theories left. He could have used it from a car which means the phone was never in the bin lorry. Someone else could have been checking it, depends what they mean by using it. Only one bin lorry was in the frame, and vehicles still haven't been cleared from the investigation that we know of. The information we were given from the investigation in the early days was he walked, may have been hit by a car and the bin lorry, and here we are five months later still with bins in the investigation, and nothing else in terms of new leads that we know, except looking for witnesses. If he was AWOL then why, I ask, has no one picked up a phone in confidence, one call, anonymously to say he is alive. Why still put the family through this, I ask myself. Yes people do leave and wish to stay missing, but I cannot remember such a high profile investigation in a Missing Person case (adult). So perhaps he did leave the horseshoe willingly with his phone in a vehicle, which vehicle, and was he in a bin, or did something happen elsewhere and as you say a perp used his phone. I hope they find him, so that his family will have some closure and that they can find out what happened, but each day, as more information comes out, I wonder if they will ever know what really happened to him.

I don't know anymore, don't have any theories left. He could have used it from a car which means the phone was never in the bin lorry. Someone else could have been checking it, depends what they mean by using it. Only one bin lorry was in the frame, and vehicles still haven't been cleared from the investigation that we know of. The information we were given from the investigation in the early days was he walked, may have been hit by a car and the bin lorry, and here we are five months later still with bins in the investigation, and nothing else in terms of new leads that we know, except looking for witnesses. If he was AWOL then why, I ask, has no one picked up a phone in confidence, one call, anonymously to say he is alive. Why still put the family through this, I ask myself. Yes people do leave and wish to stay missing, but I cannot remember such a high profile investigation in a Missing Person case (adult). So perhaps he did leave the horseshoe willingly with his phone in a vehicle, which vehicle, and was he in a bin, or did something happen elsewhere and as you say a perp used his phone. I hope they find him, so that his family will have some closure and that they can find out what happened, but each day, as more information comes out, I wonder if they will ever know what really happened to him.
It's only high profile in that area, I think. No one I mention it to at work in London has heard about it.

It is indeed heartbreaking and especially with the wait before the search starts. Nicola here does confirm that the theory is Corrie was in one bin and phone in another and also that bins were taken for testing during the last HS area search. I'm surprised about the inconclusive results, though.
And as you say in a previous post, how did they miss him and I can't get my head round a perp coming back to cover up a body, and risking being seen at a bin, later, doing this. I wonder if this is just a theory the police have, ie they have looked at everything else and still leads back to the horseshoe bins. I wonder if the first bin lorry is still in the frame, if the other vehicles have been ruled out. I don't know how, with so many people around, that something happened to him in the timescale, before the first bin lorry arrived. But I guess that must be the theory, if they think the phone is in one and C in another. And SP have kept the option for searching the landfill from the beginning.

I can't watch the BBC videos. Would anyone be kind enough to give a rundown of important points from it?

Does it suggest how they think Corrie might have ended up in a bin? Does it confirm a bin in the horseshoe is suspected? Does it actually say Corrie in one bin and phone in another?

I'd be convinced that C was using the phone himself in BM if we could rule out the whole bin lorry theory. I asked in a previous post how solid the evidence was in regards to the pings originating from the bin lorry. If the signal doesn't specifically say with certainty that it was in that bin lorry then I believe he left the HS unharmed whether it was on foot or in a vehicle and used his phone himself in BM, with something happening between the time of the ping in BM and the phone dropping at around 8am - in which case my theory on that is that A) 8am was around the time whatever happened occurred and the perp destroyed the phone B) 8am was the time the perp thought about or discovered C's phone was on and destroyed it C) the battery ran out at 8am and any incident could have occurred before or after this time.
If I go with what I think most in regards to this particular theory then I think his battery ran out around 8am and somehow he had left the HS earlier and was at a location or property in BM, leaving the possibilities of what happened before or next wide open.

I'd be convinced that C was using the phone himself in BM if we could rule out the whole bin lorry theory. I asked in a previous post how solid the evidence was in regards to the pings originating from the bin lorry. If the signal doesn't specifically say with certainty that it was in that bin lorry then I believe he left the HS unharmed whether it was on foot or in a vehicle and used his phone himself in BM, with something happening between the time of the ping in BM and the phone dropping at around 8am - in which case my theory on that is that A) 8am was around the time whatever happened occurred and the perp destroyed the phone B) 8am was the time the perp thought about or discovered C's phone was on and destroyed it C) the battery ran out at 8am and any incident could have occurred before or after this time.
If I go with what I think most in regards to this particular theory then I think his battery ran out around 8am and somehow he had left the HS earlier and was at a location or property in BM, leaving the possibilities of what happened before or next wide open.
Good post. And yes agreed if we could rule out the bin lorry theory.

And as you say in a previous post, how did they miss him and I can't get my head round a perp coming back to cover up a body, and risking being seen at a bin, later, doing this. I wonder if this is just a theory the police have, ie they have looked at everything else and still leads back to the horseshoe bins. I wonder if the first bin lorry is still in the frame, if the other vehicles have been ruled out. I don't know how, with so many people around, that something happened to him in the timescale, before the first bin lorry arrived. But I guess that must be the theory, if they think the phone is in one and C in another. And SP have kept the option for searching the landfill from the beginning.

I agree it is a stretch to think a perp came back but it is also a stretch to think in a pink and white outfit he could be missed. I do think think the first bin lorry could be in the frame based on what Nicola said in today's Look East interview and <modsnip>. Again it is a stretch but the first bin lorry does its cardboard/paper recycling round that night and returns to base. Then on Monday the same lorry is then taken on a general waste round picking up the bin with Corrie in it meaning only one bin lorry in the frame.

I can't watch the BBC videos. Would anyone be kind enough to give a rundown of important points from it?

Does it suggest how they think Corrie might have ended up in a bin? Does it confirm a bin in the horseshoe is suspected? Does it actually say Corrie in one bin and phone in another?
Nicola says that the police think the phone could be in one bin and C in another in the horseshoe. The other two picked up Monday went to landfill. They were forensically checked, all three and came back inconclusive. The reporter asked her if she thought this was coming to an end for them with this search, but she wasn't drawn into answering direct. She said they would have two to three months or a few months of this, can't remember exact words, but it was getting less likely that he would be found alive (not direct quote). At the very beginning she emphasised the one and a half minutes between the phone ping at BM and the bin lorry. The reporter in his lead up into piece into N interview had said did C get into a bin or was he forced into a bin. Not a question to Nicola only part of the report. That's the main points I think.

She said the Police theory is that the phone, by whatever means, went with the first bin lorry and Corrie by whatever means ended up in one of the two bins picked up on the Monday. The three bins were taken 3-4 weeks ago for testing but came back inconclusive.

It was stated i think in TW live Q and A that yes the phone pinged the mass in BM but not necessarily the same rd as the bin lorry he could have been on a different rd. C would not have got in a bin if someone put him in one there would have been a scuffle, noise possibly some blood if there were a fight. Yet nothing was found. Cadaver dogs were all over that place surely they would have picked up a scent if C had been dead in the bin for 2 days!! It just doesnt add up. I think they are more likely to find something on the search this coming Sunday. He left HS very much alive but something happened nr /at BM.

I agree it is a stretch to think a perp came back but it is also a stretch to think in a pink and white outfit he could be missed. I do think think the first bin lorry could be in the frame based on what Nicola said in today's Look East interview and <modsnip>. Again it is a stretch but the first bin lorry does its cardboard/paper recycling round that night and returns to base. Then on Monday the same lorry is then taken on a general waste round picking up the bin with Corrie in it meaning only one bin lorry in the frame.
That makes absolute sense and also her emphasise on the first bin lorry tonight in the interview. Yes it makes sense. Thank You.
Edit - I also think if they thought he was in the recycling bin, they won't say this without proof, until they find him. As Amonet said previously, whatever is around him, will tell, which bin he was in, recycling or the general waste, if he is found there.

Great documentry in bbc iplayer of the grindr killings. How the police failed to catch the perp resulting in 4 young men losing there lives. The evidence was staring them right in the face but they just couldnt join the dots. Even after 3 bodies being found in exactly the same way they still didnt think it was murder. Seriously the police are meant to protect us. Why oh why do we keep going bk to the bin. 3 other vehicles left that area Why dont we here more about them?? Why is our attention being diverted. Have the police done all they can or are they incompentent. How N has stayed so composed i dont know. Its been 5 months!! I just want to scream ARGhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonhope55